(See All?) Announcements
305 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vasco, Aquene, Jadon

you always end up stickin' to me — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 110 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello

As 'cute' as the reunion was, it sure got boring fast. Maeve felt bad, but her legs were already itching to get going again. Would it be rude to cut their meeting short? Probably. Plus, who knew when the pup would be able to see his friend again, and they traveled all the way over the freaking mountain for this! As cruel and heartless as the fae could be at times, she just couldn't envision herself trying to pull him away quite yet. 'Damn, this sure is a drag though. N' I'm gettin' kinda hungry, too.' She sighed, looking back up at the pair while evaluating her options.

"Cyril, M' gonna go try 'n see if I can get us somethin' t' eat. Play nice, stay here, or whatever. I don't care." She half smiled before trotting away. Hunting wasn't really her forte, but it was better than just sitting around and feeling like she was intruding. 'Rabbit sounds good.'

/Maeve fade

[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: RNGTjgp.gif]
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

His response that she was doing better was met with a small smile from her. Better, she supposed that was the best that could be done in the situation. Anything more and she actually might be worried, worried that they weren’t processing and grieving properly. She’d never lost someone, but a part of her knew that if they didn’t grieve they could never accept what had happened. That could really tear someone up and thus sadness was the greatest cure to their ailment.

Her brows rose in surprise at his question. Of course Cyril was no selfish boy in her mind, but she hadn’t expected to be questioned about herself. So wrapped up in wanting to know about him, him, him she’d forgotten about her own situation. Well, I’m happy to be home, she began, finding that to be the easier starting point. She took in a deep breath. Mom is gone, the girl put it bluntly. But, realizing how that might sound she was quick to mediate. She left to look for me, apparently. Rom(@Romanov )said she was super torn up. She’s been gone for about two months now, no word on anyone else seeing her. Dad’s(@Nicolò ) taking it hard and Rom is different too, not like he used to be. Just a lot...I don’t know, harder I guess. He got kinda mad at me when I got back but I couldn’t blame him, you know? she said, forcing the smile on her face. Her heart gave a squeeze. She’s gonna come back, though. So until then I’m trying to keep everything in top shape. We got a bunch of new wolves so I’m tryna get to know all of them, keeping busy. Odin and Kip came, she said, her eyes trailing after the form of the woman as she disappeared into the willows to go hunt.

[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by Arla who has 387 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

Something seemed off. Something he had not noticed until now because he’d been too wrapped up in the excitement of seeing Adeltra. His expression grew tight; worry lines forming at the corners of his eyes as he anticipated her response. Was returning home not going as planned? Was… was it possible for him to persuade her to leave? To join the trio once more, wherever their endeavours took them? No. He couldn’t do that. Even the thought of asking her to leave her family left a rotten taste in his mouth, causing his stomach to churn. But something wasn’t right—even when she announced that she was happy to be home. He frowned, his yellow eyes tight with concern as he waited for her to continue.

The response he received was not what he had been expecting.

Her mom was… gone? Crestfallen, he took a hesitant step toward her, his ears falling flat against the back of his skull. Her mother had gone to look for her and, as a result, had gone missing. Two months was a long time and his heart ached for his friend. His brows furrowed as she mentioned her brother getting angry with her; his nostrils flared in annoyance. It made sense, as to why he would have been mad at his sister, but shouldn’t he be happy that she had found her way back home?

His ears twitched at the mention of Odin and Kip. They had finally left the north. He nodded, solemnly, but did not speak about them. At least they had found somewhere to belong. Cyril, on the other paw, wasn’t quite sure where he fit in anymore. Being with Adeltra had always felt like home but he couldn’t live among the sinewy trees… not with his older half-brother. He needed to stay with his mother. Wherever she wanted to go he would follow; she was the only constant (aside from Adeltra) he had left.

His tail flicked absently at Maeve's voice, his yellow eyes flicking onto her silver figure as it disappeared into the trees. He offered a soft woof to let her know he’d heard her and would meet up with her late, whenever the reunion ended between himself and Adeltra.

Turning back to his friend his expression grew soft, his nose briefly touching her cheek before he responded. ’M sorry, he offered hesitantly, the corners of his mouth curved downward as the words tumbled off his tongue. She’ll come back. For Adeltra's sake, Cyril hoped her mother returned. Otherwise the next time they crossed paths the roles might be reversed, and Cyril did not know how good he was at consoling others. Sounds like you’ve been busy, he added, his maw canted to the side as he observed his friend. She seemed different. More grown up. Not like Cyril, who was stuck in an impenetrable rut.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

His expression was one of concern and she gave a small shrug of her shoulders. It was a sucky situation all around but she was trying to make the best of it. Creating stronger relations to those around her, keep her mind occupied. Still, she also wished that he were there with her. Unknowingly they both had the same ideas in mind. Just as much as he wanted to ask her to go with him she wanted him to stay. She wanted to be in his presence and connect like they had before everything went topsy turvy. But she couldn’t ask that because that meant leaving Miss. Piety alone without anyone, which was the most selfish and horrible thing she thought she could ever do. And, it would be taking him away from his mother who she knew he needed. They were all each other had left.

He pressed his nose to her cheek and she leaned into the touch, her small smile turning genuine. He ensured her that she would come back and she gave a nod, appreciating the support that he was providing her. Tho her dark friend wasn’t as savvy with words as she was she was still able to sense the pure intent behind his support. They didn’t need words to understand each other, their connection venturing far beyond that. If Addy knew about her family’s faith she might say that the Old Gods had brought them together themselves. Fate, if you would. Sounds like you’ve been busy, he said and she nodded. It helps, she said.

Cyril’s golden gaze seemed to inspect her and, in turn, she looked over him. He’d perhaps grown a little taller but in the end he seemed to be the same Cyril and that gave her comfort. Her expression gentled to match his own, a lopsided smirk settling on her lips. I’ve really missed you, you big dope, she chided. Home is where the heart is, or something along those lines. I might live here but you’ll always be a part of my home. Even if we’re miles apart, if you ever need me you know where I am, she said, then headed-butted him to take the edge off.

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

The only upside to sticking with Maeve and the rest of the Vale wolves was the close proximity to the willows. Which meant he could visit his friend as he pleased and claim it was for scouting purposes. Or whatever. But he did not know if staying was what his mother wanted, for she didn’t seem happy. But, then again, he did not know if either of them would ever really be happy again. Not after witnessing the death of Wraith. Everything seemed skewed now; distorted. His entire life had been shifted by a single stupid deer, and his equally stupid actions. If only he had moved… why hadn’t he moved?! He had sat there, like a blind idiotic bunny, and allowed the deer to charge. Made his father leap into action, which resulted in his death. He had killed his father. The deer had just helped.

Pushing his negative thoughts to the side he returned his focus to Adeltra, relishing in brief moment of contact between his nose and her cheek. For a moment everything felt normal, as though nothing bad had happened to either of them. His thoughts softened returned to the dimly lit clearing in the north, where Cyril had shed some more of his father’s blood from his pelt and forgotten about the whole ’dead dad’ thing for a few quiet moments with his friend. Oh, how he wished he could steal Adeltra away from her family and return to the glen, even just for a few hours. But he knew that was impossible.

Which meant he would have to find their own glen somewhere nearby.

I’ve really missed you, you big dope.

His cheeks flushed crimson at her words, his ears falling bashfully to the side as he averted his gaze. His heart ached as she spoke for he, too, felt the same way. But he’d never be ale to put it together as eloquently as she had. Not even on a good day. Being serious had never been his forté. He struggled to find his voice as she head-butted him, his yellow eyes blinking in confusion. A small smile had managed to find it's way onto his dark features as he booped her nose with his own, his expression still soft. I m-missed you, too, he managed, his voice much quieter than it had been. So much. More than he’d ever be able to put into words. Because that was Adeltra’s thing, not his. You’re a part of my home, too, he added, his yellow gaze meeting her darker irises. All I do is cry and sulk, he added, his voice a few octaves higher as he flashed her a cheeky wink as he recalled one of their previous conversations atop the monadnock. Jokes aside, all he did (most of the time) was sulk. He couldn’t remember how to do anything else.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
<p>He returned her headbutt with a boop and she grinned, her heart giving a strange thump as he said he’d missed her too. She wanted to add a “naturally” or something along those lines, but a part of her didn’t want to ruin the moment even if some of the tension was gone. Because, once this moment was over he’d have to go home. Have to leave and every part of her screamed to hold onto him. Hold on and never let go. But, unfortunately, she’d have to. She’d have to watch him walk away from her, watch a part of her walk away and it sucked like hell.

All I do is cry and sulk, he mimicked, his voice higher and suddenly it hit her. Cyril had changed. Sure, he was a boy still but his voice had deepened and, the more she looked, it seemed like his features had sharpened. Not in a malnourished sort of way, but it was evident that he was losing his baby fat. He was growing up, they both were of course, but she wasn’t there to watch it happen. That stung a little. Don’t go getting soft on me, she replied, lifting a paw to bat at his face with a grin. Really, he could get as soft as he wanted. She’d be there to mold him back into shape.

She paused, realizing their time was coming to a close. A bit of anxiety filled her heart and her mind frantically searched for a way to keep it going. Do you, uh, wanna see some of my spots around here? she asked lamely. Obviously not in the territory, as even though her family loved her she was sure that they wouldn’t take kindly to her taking a stranger within their borders. No, they would stay beyond the borders. Even then she had plenty of places she could take him to expand their time together.

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro
if this works as a fade feel free to archive! <3 @Adeltra

It was remarkable how much of an impact the willow princess had made on his life in the short time he’d spent with her. He knew it must have been both traumatizing and frightening being on her own, but Cyril was glad she had found her way to the north. To him and his mother. She had made coping with the death of his father a lot easier, even if he had been stubborn and difficult. She had also given them a reason to leave the north, as they had to return her to the willows in the south. To her home. Cyril did not know what he and his mother would have done if Adeltra had not ended up in the north. He knew that Piety had wanted to see her dear friend Morganna, who had set up camp among the orange trees in the Vale, so perhaps they would have crossed paths eventually.

Maybe they were supposed to be in each other’s lives. Or something.

He couldn’t really imagine his life without her now.

He hummed in amusement at her words, the corners of his mouth curling into a soft smile. It felt strange, all this smiling. Unnatural even. He had forgotten that his face was capable of making such movements.

He, too, was becoming painfully aware of their remaining time together. Once he was finished at the willows he would have to retrieve Maeve (and silently apologize for the lacklustre ending to their extravagant trip over the mountains) and return to the eastern woods. Where his mother was. Where the silver girl’s pack resided. Where Adeltra wasn’t. His throat grew tight as he observed the amber-eyed girl, a whine threatening to spill off his tongue. Her question lured him away from his thoughts, earning an excited nod from the sullen boy. He would have obliged to anything she’d offered—as long as it meant spending more time with her. Lead the way, he hummed as he pressed his nose into her shoulder. These were her lands—it was time for her to play tour guide.