442 Users Online
Adelard, Bing, Google, Apollo, Chan

Chill chaser — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood
@Anastasia Sorry for the wait on this >.<

It was cold but at least the sun was out and there wasn't any wind. Reid had considered going out hunting to warm his limbs and to leave the territory for a bit but he had decided that he would patrol the borders instead. At a brisk walk, he moved along the edge of the territory taking note of any scents that might mean prey and was happy to see that no one had come to test their borders and see if they could raid one of their caches.

His breath puffed out in the form of white smoke as he continued along with what he was doing. He didn't want to be out when the sun finally reached its peak. The red man didn't like when he had to deal with the glare from the snow but he doubted that anyone did. When he was about done with the patrol he decided to turn inwards to the rest of the territory. Still moving at a brisk walk he wondered if he would find Sana out playing in the cold and if he might be able to convince her to play a game of tag. A smile crossed his face and his swayed behind him as he began his search for his friend. Or if he couldn't find her maybe someone else would be willing to play with him.
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was no denying the continuity of the battles that waged war in Anastasia's mind. So desperately she continued to move around Hearthwood River as well as its outside territories, but she still had a hard time engaging in social interactions. Unbelievable, right? The once social butterfly not feeling quite as social anymore? Real buzzkill, but she was trying to work on it... slowly. So of course when she sees a reddish-coated pack mate wandering the borders quite briskly she takes a few moments to consider her options. Engage or walk away, two decisions that could truly secure her place in the past and in the future. A decision that ultimately leads her putting a foot forwards as she attempts to get closer to the stranger before clearing her throat and calling, hey? Tentative, but it was better than the alternative of walking away.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

A small Hey broke through the air and Reid wondered if he had imagined it but a quick glance around revealed a pale female who blended quite nicely with the snow. She was small with bright blue eyes that held a hesitancy to them. She didn't need to be shy or timid whichever the case was because he wasn't the big bad wolf. So with easy smile settled on his face he slowed down and moved closer to where she was until he was a comfortable distance from her. No use shouting at each other.

Hey. He greeted back using her own word. Did you need something? Reid asked wondering if she had called out for a reason, she seemed hesitant enough. His tail waved slowly behind him hoping to put her at ease as he watched her. He hadn't been talking to a lot of the other wolves in the pack so maybe this was his chance to get to know someone that wasn't a pup. The first step was to introduce oneself first though wasn't it and he had blindly walked past that to ask her questions. How rude.

My name's Reid by the way. What's your name? He told her easing his 'blunder'.

[Image: upside_down_reid_by_silversnake54-dbvgofa.png]
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

For a few long months now she had gotten into the habit of keeping to herself and not bothering others. It must've been a habit to stick to herself from all the years that she had continued to float away from this place. So when the reddish male turned towards her and reiterates her greeting and asks a question, she pauses. Anastasia hadn't been expecting him to ask her a question and in succession didn't have an answer prepared for him. Just... wanted to say hello, she comments timidly and a little shy, unsure as to whether or not she had made the right move by interrupting him just to say hello.

His tail waving behind him did cure her ever so slightly and gave her own fluffy white tail a swift couple wags. However, it wasn't until he introduced himself that she felt more relieved that he didn't think that she was a thorn in his side after all. Anastasia, she comments easily for after a while you become almost too good at saying your own name. Been here a while but I haven't been very social. It's, uh, nice to meet you Reid.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

At his question, she hesitated. Why? Perhaps there was a different reason that she was nervous with him. One that he wasn't aware of but couldn't change regardless. Finally spoke telling him that she had only wanted to say hello, her tone shy. Was she nervous around others that she didn't know? Could be from the way she acting Reid decided but she didn't need to be nervous with him. This was their first meeting after all and he didn't have a grudge against the pale lady.

Her own tail wagged in response to his and she visibly relaxed when he introduced himself. There blunder fixed and it had also put her more at ease which was good. She, in turn, introduced herself as Anastasia and that she had been here for awhile but hadn't been very social. She went on to add that it was nice to meet him as well.

The pleasure is mine, Anastasia. Reid responded back with a slight dip of his head, still smiling. Is there a reason you haven't been social He asked wondering if her being shy was the reason. If the reasons to personal you don't have to answer I'm just curious. The last part was added just in case she didn't want to talk about it because they had just met after all.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The last few months had been unnecessarily hard on her if only because it took some adjusting. It was clear to those closest to her that she hadn't taken changes very well and certainly not when it came to the one thing she always thought she had. Alright, so she still had that one thing but not in the way that she had expected. After getting lost the first time she had found just how much she wanted to be that woman but now she couldn't even have that.

Now she simply had to co-exist with Lachesis in a simple friend fashion which was easy, since no one knew her loss but the only issue was that she knew her loss. Over time it would all be alright but it took some getting used to but it also meant that she tried to cope with it alone for far too long instead of trying to truly get over it.

Of course, his polite response was comforting though she wasn't so sure the question was but she took it in easy stride. Though, she wasn't going to explain it in great detail either. I showed back up after disappearing on a friend a second time and I couldn't deal with the change. So, on my return I hid myself away. Anastasia had thought it would help her ease into pack life but it had only made her seem more like a stranger.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

Reid kept the easy smile on his face as she responded that she had shown up after leaving a friend for the second time. She had also hid away from the others. No wonder she was a bit hesitant approaching him then. She must have hidden in a shell and was so used to that now that when she tried to poke her head out it was a bit daunting.

So what made you decide to come out of hiding? He asked keeping his voice light. There had to be a reason that she had decided that today of all days she was going to approach someone. So what had changed? Or was it she had simply grown tired of her shell and wanted to see what was going on around her. His question was once again nosey and he was waiting to see if she simply refused to tell him. Rather he was expecting it.

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2018, 04:55 AM by Reid. Edit Reason: coding )
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There were likely several reasons behind why she had chosen to finally move forward instead of hiding in the past. However, there was really one reason overall that she was sure was the most important reason that she needed to not cower in the shadows. So she smiled, clearly quite coltish in her behavior. Eventually I realized that I wasn't going to accomplish anything or get over the chance if I kept hiding, and it was the most honest thing she could think that made the most sense. She couldn't continue to wait for the change to not change, because she had to accept it as it is. Lachesis being mated was the hardest to cope with if only because her realization was still so fresh but Lachesis respected Lilya and wasn't about to burden them with something as unimportant as her feelings. Luckily, her attempts to push away her feelings had already begun to work and she was determined to keep them in the far corners of her mind.

Inactive No Rank
Reid Arwood

He was not expecting that she would actually answer his question. She even smiled at it and Reid eyed her curiously as she explained. She had decided that she wasn't going to be able to accomplish anything in her shell and with a turtle's determination to keep going she had stuck her head out. Interesting.

Well I'm glad you did decide to stop hiding. I can always use more friends. It was true because even though he had made friends with the pups he hadn't actually met any of the other adults. His first interaction with Inna had sort of set the tone on that one. So even though he was open to friends he hadn't actually met the others. Reid guessed that made him a turtle too. I can also help you with some of those goals if they need more than one wolf to do so.