(See All?) Announcements
327 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Jadon, Nadine

Fumble — Stonewatch Timbers 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
For anyone! Rory needs to meet more wolves!

I'm bad news, yeah I'm just bad for you

This land felt strange to her, and rightly so. Weeks had passed since the disappearance of Cotton and the pale girl was determined to find him, the memories of him vibrant as she recalled the last known place he had visited; Heartwood. She was no stranger to the land, visiting it frequently when she sought out Lachesis or Aytigin both wolves she had trusted fairly well. She knew that Cotton was acquainted with Ayti, he had warned her to be careful around him but she had no idea if the lanky leader knew anything about her friend or his disappearance. She knew of his problems, his struggles in the pack, and she had no intention of creating more issues on his plate even if everything in her better judgement was screaming to warn him to be on the lookout. She figured that looking for him alone would be less painful if she did in fact find something unexpected.

Her paws plowed through the fluffy snow, creating a path that lead to nowhere in particular but everywhere she thought would be logical for Cotton to be. He was a tricky wolf, his behaviors were weird even to her but they were the reason she had cared so much for the bright eyed youth and missed him with each days past. Her travel with Sachiel had been short lived, but she knew it was for the best since his young age limited his ability to travel and any length of time he spent outside of his borders put a marker of blame on her; she couldn't be responsible for two disappearances. Her nose twitched, head perked up from the ground so that she could observe her surroundings and felt a pang of relief wash over her when she saw a cloud of geese fly overhead, screeching and squawking in retreat from some sort of threat. She found him, she had found Cotton and she would bring him back home and set things straight--her legs moved frantically in the direction the geese were moving from, anticipation heavy on her face.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2018, 10:39 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
(OOC comment : Thoughts. Speech.)

Alvar was weak, slow and tired. "If I don't find someone else soon I'm done for." He thought. Slowly dragging himself forward across the ground, through the shadows cast by the pine trees overhead. The forest was deathly quiet, and while the scent of the pines was fresh, the air itself was thick and musty. "Well at least it's not burning sun..." He began to think. "but it's so dry here." He perked his ears to listen for any sign of life, nothing sounded. He sighed and began to move off again.

He had not taken more than 5 steps when a flock of geese flew out from in front of him. "Grahh!" He grunted as he fell back in utter surprise. "I have to be more vigilant." He scolded himself. He then heard two things... A river not far from here, and the pawsteps of another wolf running somewhere nearby. "Uh-oh..." He began I'm too weak to fight and too slow to run! He positioned himself in front of a tree to allow him to have some sense of strength. The pawsteps grew louder, and he braced himself to meet this wolf.
(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2019, 12:03 AM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Sorry for the delay :D

Whispering Pines send my baby back to me

Her paws did not slow despite the increasing amount of snow that met her head on, reaching nearly to her chest. She barreled forward with her tongue hanging loosely from her jaws and a slight pant forcing from her mouth as she ran toward what she hoped would be the figure of Cottongrass. She had, afterall, met him not too long ago in the midst of the biggest bat cloud ever and she figured that today was no different.

She slowed down only when silence met her ears, it was a eerie silence that made her jump from even the slightest of sounds as she searched frantically for the wolf she had run so hard for. Even in this clearing, she couldn't see him and instantly she felt her shoulders slump with defeat. "Cotton!" she bellowed, hearing her voice echo through with nothing coming back in return from the wind but it didn't stop her from calling out a second and third time, frantic to hear his response.

A smell caught her attention and she was certain that it was wolf. She looked around but found nothing out of the ordinary and came to the conclusion that the wolf in question did not want to be found. Her posture turned defensive and she puffed herself up as large as she could but the majority of her was too afraid to see what was watching her from beyond the tree border so she did what her instincts were encouraging her to do and called out. "Come out, I know you're there..."

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
(OOC comment : Thoughts.Speech. And no problem :) )

Alvar stiffened, His heart racing as he heard the wolf calling out. It was a she, he decided, and took a peek around the tree. She was rather stunning... He inhaled and stiffened, "That just makes her more dangerous." He reminded himself. He knew he was not going to be able to run or fight, so he waited... and waited... and waited for her to leave, she didn't.

"This isn't good..." He thought as he pondered a way out of this mess. "But perhaps if I can scare her she will run and I can get out of here." He decided he would wait for her to leave once more. He soon heard her sniffing around, as though searching for something. "Don't let her find me, don't let her find me..." He panicked. and tried to calm his heart, the scent of fear though soon flooded his nostrils. "That's not mine." He realized. He heard her call out, and realized that she knew he was here.

"Well then... He began. This might not be too hard after all." He charged around the tree, teeth bared and began to run at her. "Here I am!" He snarled through a half open mouth, and suddenly he felt lightheaded, he looked up at what sky he could see as he fell on the ground, exhausted and out of breath, and the world slowly began to go black.
(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2018, 04:40 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne

She heard the male before she saw him and immediately turned to witness baring teeth and deep snarls that sent her fur on edge. She panicked, standing at her spot with ruffled fur and a wide gaze hoping that the male would show mercy and allow her to leave without damage--but nothing else followed up his defensive display and immediately Rory knew something was wrong. She watched as the male, who so easily tried to scare her away, now laid silent on the forest floor as if some invincible being had tackled him for her but Rory wasn't naive enough to believe it and for a moment she searched him over sensing that something was wrong.

"Are you ok?" she asked, head cocking to the side when she moved closer, inspecting him and realizing that he still wasn't moving. She panicked, her hair finally coming down from its messy bustle and eyes moving to a normal size "hello?!" she asked again, coming even closer and sniffing him. She noticed he had no scent--a loner, and immediately she began to feel frantic because this was so new and foreign to her, and this male too was foreign.

(This post was last modified: Feb 06, 2018, 06:27 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
(OOC comment: Thoughts. Speech. Thanks for the reply @Rory ! :D)

Alvar began to slowly wake up, eyes half open and chest barely breathing. He saw the female again, now standing above him, looking scared. He began to shudder as his thirst, hunger and lack of good sleep made him remember his own situation. "Help me, please help... He muttered with as much strength as he could muster. I need water, please." He tried to move his legs but the dehydration must have worked a toll on his muscles and the cold was no help, now he could barely move.

He growled and grunted with the effort and stopped, he couldn't afford to waste his energy. "And if I am successful in scaring her off I'm doomed." Was his only thought. He took a moment to observe her, she was pretty worn upon closer inspection, but better off than he, and the color of her fur was very well matched with the snow, a detail he had failed to notice before. "I'm sorry... He grunted through a half open mouth. I need help, please forgive me." All he could do now was hope she didn't just bolt and leave him here. He smiled weakly, whined and fell back to sleep.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Hey Alvar, change of plans. We'll just have to wing it :D

Her question had produced within him a answer and with shock the woman watched as her lifeless company sprang back to life with a plea for her assistance. She hesitated at her spot with words stuck in her throat, wondering what she could possibly offer this man and whether he would be able to lift himself on all fours, within moments her questions were answered and she knew that this man was in worse condition than previously thought. Winter had caused his dehydration but Rory had no idea how to go about finding enough water for his survival or how to deliver it to him--stress kicking in, she began to whine. Her cries were low at first, desperate for him to try and gather to his feet but she knew that her request was futile and sitting her in wait for him to recover was a wish not even the heavens could grant her, but she was out of options."No, no, no....I don't know what to do..." she said, admitting to her company that had suddenly fallen back asleep. She knew she was losing him.

She moved around him in a circle, nudging him first at his back then angling herself near his nape to allow her body weight to push him forward to no avail--he was heavier than she was and practically dead weight. Pacing was her second option and she did a few minutes longer than anticipated before an idea popped in her head, it wasn't the best but in this moment it would have to do. Without a second thought she collected as much snow as she could into a pile, her thick paws clawing at whatever was near and pushing it toward the fallen male's mouth, hopeful that he would wake up and decide to eat at the snowflakes to would ultimately slide down his throat as water. It wasn't much, and it required work, but she was well out of options and desperate. "Look, snow. Eat some snow, it should help..." she spoke to his lying body in hope that somewhere deep down he would hear her.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2018, 05:32 AM by Rory.)

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
(Sure thing, Sorry for bothering you so much @Rory :( Thoughts Speech )

Alvar was aching all over, tired and cold. His breath was ragged and from his perspective, extremely slow. He was only somewhat concious but he managed feel and hear her trying to make him wake up, nudging him and whining at him while he lay there, Cold seeped into him further, tearing at him with fangs of ice. "Please, water." Was all he could manage to think. Minutes went by and he felt himself slipping away slowly...slowly...slo-

Something cold suddenly touched his nose, and then was pushed into his mouth. His ears picked up her request for him to swallow the snow, and he did so dutifully. It burned, scraping across his dry throat like swallowing a cold rock. But soon after he felt his strength begin to return and his senses reawaken. He began to move his legs bit by bit, slowly but surely. And after a short while he managed to lift his eyelids, move his legs to their extent and raise his head to look at her. Staring at her for a second while he waited for his vocal cords to work again. He soon grunted "Thank you, I am truly sorry for trying to frighten you..." He felt himself begin to grow weaker once more and opened his own mouth to scoop snow in, and chewed it to help it melt. He then began to lift himself up onto his front legs. When he was in a sitting position he said, "My name is Alvar. And yours?" He then simply stared into her beaming yellow eyes...
(This post was last modified: Feb 14, 2018, 12:15 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne

It didn't take her company long to recover, within minutes he regained the strength of his limbs and was sitting and introduced himself as if nothing had happened. If Rory wasn't used to unusual circumstances she might have been traumatized by the event but all that mattered to her now was that he was alive and talking and without hesitating the woman responded with her own name. "Rory, I am Rory." she answered with a smile, "and you did give me quite the fright but I will be fine, I'm just happy that you're alive!" she exclaimed, nudging him lightly and settling onto her haunches with relief. She collected another pile of snow, just in case the male needed more to munch on and pushed it near him for easy access, not knowing whether his strength was temporary or here to stay. "What are you doing out this way all alone?" she asked him with a cock of her narrow skull. She wondered if had a pack but her keen sense of smell said otherwise, he was without a home like herself and she wondered if it was by choice like herself or if he was still new to the lands.