(See All?) Announcements
552 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine

What you know — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 86 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer

He was beginning to feel sheepish too, on top of all the other unusual emotions Askan was inflicting upon him. Then he accused him of offering smut instead of becoming direct as Cancer had wished. The jitters took him over as he began to stomp his paws quickly and arhythmically, almost dancing in place.

"That's not what I meant!" he sputtered, wanting to make that swiftly clear.

"Oh my god, I just-- Okay."

He forced himself to still, and take a deep breath. It was up to him to salvage this it seemed, as Askan appeared too embarrassed to press forward any further and give him more specific direction. He supposed that was understandable, Cancer was pretty certain he was never going to have a significant other, but if he did he probably wouldn't want to talk about it either, much less ask for help from someone to sweet talk his partner. Still, this sucked.

"Okay. I'm just going to give you some lines. About his eyes and shit, okay?"

They were grey, weren't they? So kind of like, the moon or stars. That was considered a romantic comparison, right? He wasn't sure. Hopefully he didn't give Askan something that Reyes would laugh in his face about. He'd be embarrassed by that too, not to mention likely earning Askan's ire.

"You could say um. Something like... I don't know, uh, tus ojos son... galaxias, y quiero explorar cada estrella. Tu pelaje es un bosque, en el que soy adicto a perderme. ... Tu contacto se quema como el hielo y nunca quiero que nos descongelemos."

i'm a rebel just for kicks now
(This post was last modified: May 02, 2018, 08:41 PM by Cancer.)
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan didn't notice Cancer's odd little tap dance, if he had he would've no doubt shot Bird Boy a confused, 'what the fuck' sort of look, but as things stood he found the sky to be very very interesting. All those clouds made it seem more grey than blue, perhaps a storm would roll in later. Would it bring rain, snow or even sleet? His gaze jerked back to Cancer once more, when the subordinate insisted he hadn't meant it like that. Well...neither had Askan!

What a mess this was, he wanted nothing more than to stomp off and let the heat fizzle out from his cheeks, to bury himself in the snow till be became an ice sculpture, cold, solid and unfeeling. But nope, apparently that wasn't to be, the awkwardness continued.

His eyes...Well, they were rather striking weren't they? He could see why Cancer chose that approach, but it wasn't what the Edge Lord would have chosen. Honestly, he was at a loss. Saying nice things in the common tongue was hard enough, he didn't even know where to start, nor did he have any suggestions. He supposed, he just wanted to show Reyes that he'd made an effort, that he'd tried something for him. Askan simply nodded, giving him the go ahead.

The words that tumbled from Cancer's mouth seemed familiar, they held the same rhythm and rhyme as Reyes'. Askan's ears tipped forward and his head titled marginally to the side as he listened, taking note of each and every syllable. It sounded....complicated. Askan's tongue ached at the thought.

"Uh...say that again, slower this time." He squinted, his brows drawing together in concentration.It was apparent they would be here for quite some time. "Two...ocus son??"

Though his dry tone didn't portray it very well, Askan was trying. He really was, he would have stomped off by now if he didn't care, if this didn't matter.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 86 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer

Things swiftly began to plane out once Cancer started with instruction instead of trying to understand. A life lesson for sure. In short time, the heat dissipated from his cheeks and nape and he was able to relax, focusing on his alpha's pronunciation. Cancer didn't mind spending time on this, it was certainly less exhausting than a hunt or gallivanting about the borders, at least now that the embarrassment and frustration had gone.

They would tackle one sentence at a time, nailing down each word before attempting to string them together. Cancer never offered a translation, and certainly hoped Askan wouldn't ask. That would probably be when he'd finally turn tail and run.

/Fade

i'm a rebel just for kicks now