(See All?) Announcements
454 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Juniper, Chan

House Divided — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
@Lachesis Takes place 1/8 Three days after this thread.

After talking with Ayti and what he had told her she knew what she had to do. There was no question in her mind. Still it had taken her a couple of days before she was able to do it. To bring herself to speak with Lachesis, this she was sure would be the last time she spoke to the pale leader. Ayti had made his feelings as well as the alphas feelings toward her perfectly clear.

She went looking for Lachesis trying not to lose her resolve on the way and when she found her she approached slowly. “Lachesis may I have a moment of your time?” She asked politely. “I need to speak with you about Oksana.” She didn't plan for this to be a long talk not like the ones she'd had with him in the past. It seemed those days were over.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He meant to seek her out before she had gotten a chance to find him. Explain things, face to face. That they would be leaving the Kingswood in the coming weeks. That he had no intention of letting her follow them—not anymore. It still made him sick to his stomach, for he had watched the raven grow from a whelp to an adult. After her father’s passing Lachesis had filled that role for her and done everything possible to keep her safe. Even if it meant allowing her to bend the rules. But the rules had gotten bent one too many times. He found himself struggling to believe the words that fell from her tongue despite wanting to. He still cared about her; that would never change. She would always be his raven, but there were things she needed to work on. With herself. As she had never fully recovered from losing her mother. Never properly grieved. Losing Lorcán not once but twice had not helped either. He felt sorry for her, and he wanted to help, but he did not know how to anymore.

Her voice caused him to turn, his expression soft as he studied the worry lines etched into her dark features. Of course, Inna, he responded coolly, a small smile working its way onto his pale maw as it fell to the side, inviting her to speak further.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

As she looked upon his pale form waiting to see if he had a moment to spare for her she couldn't help but hear Ayti's words in her ears. All over again she found herself trying to keep her emotions in check. She was beyond hurt and disappointed that the man she'd see as a father figure couldn't be truthful with her of the way he felt or that he felt that way at all. He turned to face her and she took a deep breath and hoping her voice wouldn't crack as she spoke.

“Um,” she said her ears flattening against her skull. How to put this, it was much harder than she anticipated. “Ayti said you wanted to move the pack,” she looked at her paws. How was she supposed to just give up her daughter and send her away and out of her life. It wouldn't be for good Inna would try to make sure of that but still the thought of it took her breath away and caused her chest to hurt. She took another deep breath, “Can you look after her for me please. It think it's best that she stay with the pack...and that… She can't stay with me it's not safe. At least through the winter.” There she got it out the hardest thing to do and she wanted to cry and it made her feel like the worst mother ever but she had to make sure her baby was taken care of.

(This post was last modified: Feb 01, 2018, 08:20 AM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

She didn’t look well, that much was obvious. Instantly the pale leader feared something was wrong with Oksana—that she had gotten hurt or gone in search of her father. But, if that was the case, the obsidian woman before him would have been more frantic. Or she would have been gone, chasing after her to wherever Lorcán had disappeared to.

His brows furrowed as the raven dropped Aytigin’s name—the Guardian had beat him to a conversation with the Baranski. Part of him was annoyed, for he would have liked to tell Inna about the move himself, but the other part of him was relieved. Lachesis, unfortunately, was too nice for his own good. Aytigin, in a twisted way, was his sharp-tongued backbone.He remained quiet, allowing her the chance to speak, his chartreuse gaze soft with curiosity.

Take her with you. He struggled to restrain a frown from tugging at his lips.  At least through the winter. Why was it not safe with Inna? Lachesis was not interesting in housing wolves, not when they planned on leaving, but Oksana was like family to the ghost. She was nearly a yearling, which meant she was more than capable of surviving on her own (or alongside her mother), but the thought of letting her stay with Inna made his heart sink. If that is what she wants, he started, his expression neutral as he spoke, then she can come with us. He did not want to force her to move to the Surge—not if she didn’t want to. He knew the little crow had been fond of the raging river when they had discovered the territory, but that didn’t mean she was ready to leave her mother behind.

Where will you go?

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It had been a hard decision as much as she wanted to keep her daughter with her Inna knew she would be much better off with the pack. After talking with Oksana she knew the pup didn't know what was good for her. She only wanted to follow her heart just like it had been when Lorcan had left so it was up to the Raven to make the hard decision. After so many had told her how wrong she had been and how much she'd hurt her daughter Inna had also come to the conclusion that not only would remaining with the river wolves wherever they went would be safer but also better. Oksana would have a better life once she got used to not having her mother and father around.

“I have already spoken to her she will come. It will be best for her, she can make her own life and hopefully not one where I am overshadowing her,” Inna said straightening herself up In a now saw that she wasn't good for her daughter to be around. Ayti, Reid, even Lorcan had made that clear, maybe one day but it wasn't that day. “Thank you, I just need to know she will be safe and well taken care of.” Then Lachesis asked a question she hadn't even given any thought to. Having been so concerned with making sure that Oksana was taken care of. Inna shrugged at the question, “I don't know, I haven't made any plans. Making sure Oksana will be safe has been my only concern.”

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He nodded in response, his lips still drawn tight as he observed the tangerine-eyed raven. Don’t feel bad, he told himself, don’t change your mind. Inna had a bad habit of causing his thoughts to sway, whether she was doing it on purpose or not. A master manipulator. She excelled in guilt-tripping others, but Lachesis couldn’t be convinced so easily. Not anymore. He knew what was good for his pack and, unfortunately, Inna was no longer an asset to them. She had always been a good guardian, and a scout (as both her and her daughter were good at bringing wolves home), but it was her mouth that got her into trouble. Along with the fact that she felt as though she shouldn’t be reprimanded for her actions.

She will always be safe with us, he assured her. As long as Oksana did what was required of her and followed pack law there would be no issues with her relocating with the rest of the river wolves. His brows rose in surprise as she confessed that she did not have plans of her own yet. Just be careful, he responded, his voice soft, wherever you go. He meant her. Despite the issues that developed between them Lachesis still wished her no harm or ill will. He wanted her to be happy, but that wasn’t going to be with Hearthwood, or Driftwood.

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2018, 04:02 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It was a comfort to the young mother to know that Oksana would be going with the wolves of Hearthwood. More than that she hoped that her daughter could have a better life worth the pack than she had. Oksana could be her own woman and learn her duties well, she had many wolves around her that could teach her the things she would need to know. Part of her hoped that in time everyone would forget that she was Oksana's mother and Lorcan was her father. She didn't need that knowledge following her through life and creating problems for her.

“Thank you Lachesis and I know you will take good care of her. Teach her to be a good wolf and make sure she learns everything she needs to.” Inna knew that for a time Oksana would he sad but she would soon get back to her normal self. When asked about what she would do next she admitted that she didn't know. In a saw the surprise on his face and he seemed concerned about what would happen to her. After what Ayti had told her she didn't really know if it was genuine or not. It didn't really matter she would be out of the pack and out of his life. She offered a smile, “You don't have to worry about me Lachesis it's not the first time I've been on my own.”

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Part of him worried how Oksana would react to being without her mother, even if it was voluntary. She had always been glued to the raven’s hip (except for her adventurous moments) as the new mother had smothered her daughter. It was as though she felt that her daughter was a burden on the pack, even though they had fared exceptionally well over the winter months even with five cubs running around. Her pregnancy had come as a surprise but the river wolves had adapted and welcomed the ebony girl into their ranks with open paws.

Of course, he hummed in response, his tone light and honest as he reassured her. Oksana had always been well-cared for by the other Hearthwood wolves, especially by his own mate and the scarlet newcomer, Reid. She would not be neglected in their new home and would be a welcomed member of the pack. As long as she did not follow her mother’s path and abided by the pack rules.

He nodded quietly at her words. Despite their relationship changing drastically over the recent months it still pained him to think of her all alone in the Kingswood. But he knew, deep down, that she would be fine. She was a Baranski after all. I know, he offered with a sad smile, his tail twitching behind him. Is there anything else you need of me?

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
You can fade and archive with your next post.

Lachesis agreed to make sure she was well taken care of and would learn what she needed. In a had to wonder how much of a paw he would have in that. Still she would speak with Reid and Andre she knew that they would both look out for Sana if the pale leader was too busy. “Thank you Lachesis.” At least she had the comfort of knowing that once their new pack was established Oksana would be safe within the borders.

When asked about her plans she felt that at this point Lachesis had washed his paws of her. So there wasn't any reason for him to worry about her and how she would be. She didn't know what she was doing or what would happen to her but once the pack moved and left her behind she would be out of their lives, at least those who felt she was bad for the pack. That much she did know.

Inna didn't know if Lachesis knew what Ayti had done or if he even cared that Ayti had threatened her. Having that happen right under Lachesis nose and the thought that he might even allow threats to be made against not only his pack members but someone he considered family, at least she'd been told multiple times he saw her as such. Well it just made her think that maybe this was best for her, if he was going to allow such treatment of her. There was a part of her that didn't want to leave Oksana in Hearthwood but she still felt that at least for now it was the best place for her. Lachesis and Ayti were getting their wish and as far as she was concerned she felt there was nothing left to say between them. “No, thank you for your time. I think I've caused enough trouble. Good luck Lachesis. I hope you find what you're looking for.” That said she dipped her head respectfully toward him before slipping off into the forest.