(See All?) Announcements
511 Users Online
Google, Bing, Flair

ain't seen nothin' yet, girl — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
the devil is & always will

What's up. Sven smirked. That was certainly good. While things would not turn out as such, in that moment, he fully planned on discussing things with @Leotie as well.

"Good, 'cus I'll beat 'im up. I don't care," he joked with her.

The conversation swiftly turned serious again, however, as Ravenna began to speak thoughts that were nearly identical to the ones that Sven held about the business of love. His features plateaued back into thoughtful neutrality as he listened attentively.

"Think I'll already be pretty fucked up if you go first," he admitted solemnly, "I don't want someone else to do that to me either. Don't wanna... give up so much of myself that I'm empty without them."

There might be a difference between them, however. Sven might be a lot luckier, if it could be called that, in being rather resistant to falling in love. He assumed that Ravenna was more, well, normal. And normal meant falling hard and wedding for life; it meant tying your soul to another like Elettra had.

"You think you'll have a choice?"

Wasn't love supposed to be something that happened to you, without your consent?

be a gentleman.
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

She would smirk at Sven's comment that he would beat @Blitz up if he got out of line somehow with Ravenna. It was a comment left unspoken, as she knew if anyone did any harm to his age-mate aunt, be in physically or emotionally, Sven would not only have something to say about it but have some kind of action about it too. Sven was not the kind man not to speak his mind about something.

Her nephew then admitted he would be left pretty messed up if she were to die before he did and she felt the same on his end as well. She was close to the wolf which laid next to her now. They had grown up together, had their ups and downs with one another and knew one another clearly in many aspects. She was very close to Adeltra and Leotie too, but there was something just a bit extra with Sven as being a male she had known since she was a child barely able to speak full sentences and walking on wobbly legs.

She nodded silently to his words and then allowed her head to fall down, cheek pressed to the each as she remained laying on her side next to him with limbs tangled into one another. "No..." She admitted then honestly, "I rather doubt it." She would have rolled her shoulders in a shrug if it wasn't for the position she laid it. She could try to avoid to get close to someone, refuse to take a mate, but she figured if she ended up falling for someone it was an emotion which she would not be able to control, especially during the breeding season when her instincts did all they could to try to control her.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
the devil is & always will

Sven's ears swept back as she gave the answer that he had been expecting, but didn't want to hear. He had learned many times over that there was plenty he didn't have control over in life, but they had always been external occurrences. Himself, his mind and his actions and thoughts, had always been his own in every way. Perhaps as a youth, when his emotions had run the highest, he might have been considered swept away by them, but he'd still been himself and everything done had been a conscious choice. He wouldn't take it back. One day though, his own heart might decide for itself that it no longer belonged to him, and swear its allegiance to another. The thought was terrifying.

Part of him wanted to ask her other questions, more along the lines of what if one couldn't love that deeply, but they'd already touched on so much and he didn't want to dig any further right at that moment. Sven needed a break from the tide of self doubt. And so with a sigh he withdrew his limbs and rolled over onto his stomach.

"I should get back to it. Our scent markers to the east are getting old, and it'll take me the rest of the afternoon to renew 'em."

Not surprising, as since the last kerfuffle with the Heights wolves, none of the Ridge wolves were overly inclined to explore the rocky slopes in that quadrant of their home.

be a gentleman.
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

After a lingering moment, Sven shifted in his placement and rolled onto his stomach, stating that he should get back to border patrol, specifically on the eastern edges. The pack territory took up the eastern most of the Drooping willows and she figured it would be best to renew those scents there with the Heights wolves having lingered in the area often enough in search of food. "See ya later then." She spoke, stretching out her legs and yawning. While he was going back to his duties she figured she would take a bit of a nap out here in the sun before going back to her rounds.