(See All?) Announcements
669 Users Online
Google, Bing

All that glitters — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
For @Morganna I had time so I figured I'd go ahead and get this thread out c: set for 1/26 before her Lorcan thread

They’d managed to get Revon settled in and were keeping an eye on the one that called himself a heights wolf. Adeltra was sure that he was lying but it seemed that her older cousin had her doubts. It made her a little upset that she didn’t trust her enough to back her up, but at the same time she supposed that she was just covering all her bases. The Archer pup was no strategist and had only been on the earth for nine months compared to Morganna’s 4, so surely she knew more than she did. Either way, she did find herself curious about the reasons that the Pookastone Matriarch had made the decision that she had.

She glanced out of the corner of her eye at the woman, pausing in her pawsteps before deciding to not beat around the bush. Why’d you decide to take both of ‘em back here? she asked, turning to face Morganna full on.

(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2018, 03:26 AM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby I'm back now, feelin' how I used to feel
Morganna Archer

Morganna watched the stranger and her niece closely, even going so far as to ask @Pietro to subtly check her over and make sure she was ok. Here among family she would be able to relax, as much as a wayward yelp and there were more than enough adults to deal with the problem. Adeltra however, wasn't so keen on keeping the yearling around. At her questioning, Morganna looked to the girl, pressing her tongue to the roof of her mouth before parting her jaws to answer. "There're a few reasons." She could have just smirked and left it at that, but she expected the girl to relay the information to the Willows. "He seems ter know things aren't great between yer pack 'n Greer's, an' where do yer suppose 'e got that idea from? Either 'e knows cos 'e joined th' pack an' was told... or?" She tilted her head, trusting the girl would reach her own conclusion where that was concerned.

"If it was my kid tha' was taken, I'd want ter deal wi' whoever had'em myself, but yer've met at least two o' mine, yeah? Nobody's that bloody stupid." She gave a toothy grin and a low snort of laughter. "Besides, 'e might not be workin' alone, an' we'd never know fer sure if we jus' ran 'im off would we?"

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
The way that the woman phrased her first sentence almost led Adeltra to believe she was going to leave it at that, which she wasn’t going to have any of. She wanted answers and when she did she could be just as persistent as one of Morganna’s brood until she got them. However, it seemed her cousin would be spared her pestering because she continued on her own and the young Archer soaked up the words like a sponge.

She knew that the yearling wasn’t of the Heights. The Pookastone Queen still kept it open as an option but Addy had long since closed that book in her mind. And, with the open ended answer that Morganna trailed off into Addy couldn’t help but feel in the gap with what she thought. The yearling had an accomplice and they’d been spying on them. The whole ordeal had been planned and went far beyond a simple pup snatching. The plot thickened.

She snorted when the Archer lady mentioned that no one was stupid enough to take one of her kids. “You’ve definitely got a solid failsafe with those two. Even if they did take ‘em they’d bring ‘em back real quick. Too much mischief and jabbering,” she laughed. There was an amused glint to her eyes even though she’d decided she didn’t like her cousins. They were a bit much for her but she was certain Morganna loved them to pieces.

“He can’t be working alone though. Revon’s smart, if it had been just them she’d have just slipped away when he went to sleep. There’s gotta be two to be able to keep her in check as long as they did. But, I guess we won’t know for sure until we ask her,” she said. They could speak in hypotheticals all they wanted but they wouldn’t know for sure what had happened until they talked to the girl herself.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Morganna Archer

When Adeltra told her she had a failsafe she chuckled along, "Tha' was th' plan. I wouldn'a let 'em come all th' way from Torbine on their own if I didn' think they could handle 'emselves. Th' boys're mostly harmless but that doesn' mean they're clever, it's th' girls yer'll have ter watch, Tilly more than Nellie. Nel tries ter keep th' rest o'em in line but some wolves're just beyond help. She'll figure it out soon enough."

When conversation turned back to their guest Morganna nodded her agreement to Adeltra's assessment. "They might be clever an' maybe we'll never know th' why, could jus' be boredom or there could be more to it..." she gave a shrug. "An' yeah, who knows, maybe if 'e 'as a friend they'll come sniffin' around an' we'll catch two rats instead o' one?" Anything was worth a try. "An' if 'e wanders off an' tries ter take 'er, well, all Revon's gotta do is howl." If he was as clever as he seemed, that much would be apparent to the boy.

The Archer let out a heavy sigh, "But if there's more I'd rather keep 'im around just in case. A long time ago, few months before I was born, there was a strange pack from over th' mountain kickin' up a fuss. Wolves were gettin' sick, they took a pup an' killed 'er. Mother gathered all th' packs tergether fer a meetin' and they all went an' found 'em, dealt with 'em. If we gotta do th' same again, I'd rather know b'fore spring rolls around. Newborn's're a lot easier ter carry off than kids that're almost grown."

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Morganna definitely spoke affectionately about her brood, warning about the differences between and boys and the girls. She shuddered to think that she needed it. Bojay And Sterling had both seemed conniving from what she’d seen before she’d jumped into the light. She’d hidden in the shadows and listened to their little plot, though looking back on it she supposed it wasn’t really a plot. Nothing that really required brain power, just something they’d happened upon and decided to cause a little mischief about. The way the older Archer described her girls, because of course there were more, made her queasy. Were they really Archers? They didn’t seem very lawful to her.

Yeah, you might wanna teach your boys a little more about border etiquette. Sven just tried to spook ‘em but anyone else and they might come back a little more worse for the wear. Learned that myself, she said, muzzle crinkling as she was subconsciously reminded of the moment she got the faint pink scars. Not that I’m tryin to tell you how to raise ‘em cause, you know, to each their own. You know better than I do, being older than me and their mom and all, she said with a shrug. It was over and done with. Maybe she didn’t forget, but she could forgive.

She nodded in understanding to her cousin’s words, seeing her strategy and how it could be helpful. Addy had been acting without thought, something she would learn to remedy overtime. Perhaps there were a few things she could learn from Elettra’s eldest daughter.

The Archer girl listened to Morg’s story, her brows rising in astonishment. They’d took a pup...and killed it? The fur at the nap of her neck stood on end. What kind of monsters were those wolves? She wasn’t surprised to find her Aunt Elettra had been the one to lead the charge, however. The more she learned about her the more she decided she wanted to be like her. Sturdy, strong, respected, and obviously very loved. She was sad that she’d never gotten to know her in person, but she felt like she was getting to know her better through the stories she was told. Hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself. But you’re right, if it comes to it we’ll deal with it. Make ‘em regret it into the grave.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Morganna Archer

She had long ago decided that others deserved any punishment they were willing to endure and if that meant someone else's weak borders resulted in a cache raiding, well, it wasn't her place to prevent it for them, so she merely responded to Adeltra's comment on teaching her children border etiquette with a chuckle. She was just like the rest of them, incredibly lawful, but that wasn't the way of the world. She couldn't expect others to willingly play by her rules just because it was what she considered to be right, but she bit back her comment about that not being the way the world worked. Some lessons had to be learned the hard way.

She pondered more as the girl spoke of making them regret it to the grave, it had been before her time but it didn't seem like the way her mother described it this time around. As far as she knew it had been an isolated incident, and if the boy wasn't working alone it didn't seem like he had a pack behind him. Also, she hadn't had any members mysteriously disappear, but that didn't mean it wasn't happening elsewhere. "We'll just have ter wait an' see." Wait and see if Revon raised the alarm, wait and see if he tried to make a run for it or if a strange scent showed up on their borders. "C'mon though, I'll show yer th' pookastone. Found it chasin' a snowshoe in mid moult, th' travellers in Torbine told me about shapeshifters that live in th' stones, they can be tricky if yer piss 'em off, so here's hopin' we keep this one onside." She managed a laugh at her own expense for following the superstitions of strangers when she chose to set up her pack here.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Morganna replied that they’d just have to wait and see and Adeltra nodded. Their decision had been made, the situation finalized and even if the dark Archer didn’t agree with it there was nothing they could do now besides keep a very close eye on her redheaded cousin. Surely with as many wolves running around as Morganna had nothing bad would happen to her, right?

Next her cousin invited her to join her for a tour and Addy paused, paw lifting in indecision. She’d already been gone from the Ridge for far too long and no doubt her pack had noticed. They always kept a close eye on her since her return and she didn’t want to cause them anymore worry. Actually...I got lost a couple months ago and just got back last month, so everyone’s kinda been watching me like a hawk, she admitted with a sheepish expression. I’d love to see the Scowle, cross my heart, but I don’t wanna cause ‘em anymore worry than what they’re probably in right now. Would it be okay if I ran over and told ‘em I’ll be staying here for a little bit then come right back? she inquired.