(See All?) Announcements
767 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

Unwritten — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The little Crow could see her breath in front of her as she headed out early that morning. She had woken ready for some kind of adventure which she chose to have inside the territory that day. It was easier not having her mother there in the surge when she wasn't faced with things like meetings or other group things. Inna had always been at her side for things like that before but now she had to do it all on her own. She had Reid of course but he wasn't her mother. She also worried what the others thought of her because of the things her mother had done.

She tried to push that all out of her mind as she trudged through the snow in search of that adventure she was looking for. It had taken her a few days after being in their new home to realize she had to make her own life now and she had to show everyone that she wasn't her mother. Even though she had been through a lot already she couldn't let that define her. Oksana was her own wolf and she had her own dreams, the little Crow had not forgotten about her goal to swim to the islands.

Finding a path in the snow the pup decided to follow it to see where it would lead, she hoped somewhere exciting. If not she was at least getting the chance to learn more about this new place they called home.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Hero who has 120 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

She was growing tired of the cold and longed for the warmth of summer. It made walking amongst the stars far more enjoyable, for she always worried she was going to lose a toe (or two) when she went for a nighttime adventure. She left the warmth of the den shortly after her raven age-mate, her pale fur ruffled as a frown pulled at the corners of her mouth. At first she planned to head in a direction opposite of the ebony Baranski, but it seemed her oversized paws had other ideas. Her paws dragged her forward, creating her path for her as she trailed after the girl. Lavender felt sorry for her, as not only was she without a father but now she was out a mother too. But she couldn’t deny that it had been nice in the Surge without Inna’s storm cloud following them around. She was curious, however, as to how the crow was doing since the move, as she had kept to herself (or Reid) since their arrival.

Hey, she called out once she had caught up to Oksana her chartreuse gaze sweeping over the girl’s dark figure. With her head tipped to the side and her tail swaying slowly behind her Lavender’s expression remained neutral. Don’t be weird, she thought hastily to herself as she matched her companion’s pace. Where had Oksana planned on heading today…?

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Traveling along the path Oksana wondered how long it would take for her to learn all of their new territory like she'd known Hearthwood. Thinking about such things helped to keep her mind off her mother and the other things that had happened. It was best if she didn't think about them so she concentrated on a plan that would allow her to explore the whole territory in the most effective way. On down the path she went completely unaware that she was being followed. She kept note of all the scents she found and looked for any trails that might look interesting to check out. There was just so much still to see and she really wanted to get a better idea of the place they called home.

Her thoughts and explorations were interrupted by a voice behind her and she quickly turned to find Lavender there. Hi Lav, she said cheerfully. Since the move she hadn't been spending a lot of time around the others. She feared what they thought of her since they clearly didn't think good things about her mum. Do you want to come along with me? I'm sorry we haven't had much time to train or anything else for that matter, she said looking at her paws. Maybe we can make up for it though?

Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

The ebony girl didn’t seem bothered by the Stark’s appearance. A little surprised, but not at all disappointed. Her shoulders sagged in relief as she padded toward the Baranski, her tail still swaying gently behind her as she smiled at her companion’s greeting. Truthfully Lavender was pleased to see Oksana out and about, for she feared that the girl would adopt some of her mother’s bad habits and hide from the rest of the pack. The girl didn’t mind spending some time alone, but all the time? That had to be really lonely.

And nobody deserved to be that lonely.

Sure! She didn’t mind having an adventure partner today. The little ghost had been so wrapped up in the move that she had forgotten to reach out to the girl sooner—especially for their training lessons. But she was pleased to hear that the raven wanted to spend time with her. Do y’have anywhere in mind? Most of the Surge remained a mystery to the Stark—aside from the pebble beach and the dens—so she was eager to learn of other cool places within their new home. It had taken her forever to learn every nook and cranny of Hearthwood and now she had to start all over again! At least, with Oksana, four eyes were better than two. 

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

With her fears of how the rest of the pack saw her she was afraid to approach any of them and there were the new members. It wasn't like her to be nervous but she felt that it was a serious thing and she didn't want to make things worse. For Lavender to follow her and want to be around her, it cheered her up quite a bit. She knew that she would be sad later but this was a start and she would take it. Besides she missed her friend, she was glad to have her and Reid still in her life.

Her tail wagged and a smile appeared on her dark face when Lavender agreed to go with her, Great, I'm so glad you can come. There was the question of where Oksana had planned to go. That was a good question since she didn't have a specific place in mind but she had an idea. Well, I was thinking of following this path up that way,” she indicated with her nose, I haven't been but i did see a trail a little ways back that could he fun. Have you been to either place? Which do you want to go on? It didn't matter much to the little Crow, they would both get explored eventually but she didn't want to go on a path that Lav might have already explored.

Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

Most of the territory she had explored on her own, as the Stark felt as though it was easier to remember everything when she wasn’t busy maintaining a conversation. It was far more serene in the Surge; safer. While her birthplace would always have a special place in her heart Lavender knew that they couldn’t live there anymore. It didn’t make her parents happy, being there. Most of the adults usually sulked around, carrying storm clouds on their shoulders and deep frowns on their maws. Even the other cubs didn’t want to spend time among the towering cedars—or with each other. They were constantly exploring what was beyond the Kingswood, to escape whatever was plaguing the adults. But the move… it brought everyone back together. Or, at least, that’s what it seemed like.

She studied both of the directions the ebony Baranski had indicated, her brows pinched tight as she deliberated which path to take. It did not matter to the pale ghost; whichever path they did not take today she (or they) could take another day. There was no rush. The territory wasn’t going anywhere—she hoped. Let’s try that one, she responded after a brief pause, motioning to the first path Oksana had pointed to. Without waiting for response from her obsidian-furred friend the girl padded forward, stalking through the trees as she followed the trail that weaved through the territory.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana probably hadn't explored as much of the territory as the other pups since she'd been dividing her time between exploring inside and outside the borders and practicing her duties. While she did feel that she had setting to prove to the other wolves of the surge she also was working hard for herself. She knew that at one time her mother had been the best pack member and Oksana wanted to work toward that. She felt it gave her a sense of purpose and that was something she felt she needed at that point in her life.

After having given the options to her friend Lavender chose the trail that the crow was already on. That was perfectly fine with Oksana as it would be more fun exploring with a friend she hadn't had the chance to talk to in a while than by herself. I think that's the best one anyway, she said as she ran to catch up with Lavender. Have you found anything really interesting since we've been here? She asked once she had caught up with the pale girl. If you want I can show you the fishing technique I learned the other day, she offered. Oksana didn't mind sharing with Lavender.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

She flashed her ebony friend a soft smile once she caught up with her, her tail wagging slowly behind her as she continued along the trail. Even though she had been all for the move it was still difficult adjusting to the new territory. Everything she had committed to memory was now gone, which meant Lavender had an entirely new map to build and memorize. But she didn’t mind—it gave her an excuse to explore the territory. Normally she preferred to adventure on her own but she felt bad leaving the Baranski on her own, especially since her mother was left behind. The move was the hardest on her.

A few quiet spots along the river, she confessed, her chartreuse gaze falling onto her dark friend. Perfect for fishing. She wasn’t an expert on the subject but she certainly tried her best; she wouldn’t be opposed to Oksana showing her a few tricks. There were plenty of soft spots along the river that surged through the mountain forest. Which meant plenty of opportunities for the pair to practice their fishing techniques without having the adults disturb them… What about you?

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The little Crow couldn't help but be excited to be exploring with her friend again. Since the move they hadn't really gotten to spend much time with each other and she new that it was at least partially her fault if it completely. Dealing with having to leave her mother and the only home behind had been a challenge. She was determined to overcome it though and spending time with Lavender was certainly helpful. She gave her friend a slight bump on the shoulder as she caught up to her and received a smile.

I'm glad that we have a river here like back home...I mean in Hearthwood, she admitted a little sheepishly. It would take some time to get used to calling the surge home. It helps make the place feel more like we belong here. She smiled when her pale friend spoke of the spots she'd found to be perfect for fishing, Then they might make great places for me to show you what I learned. They would definitely need a slower part in the river to do what Violet had taught her. Oksana looked at the ground in front of her when asked what she'd found. Not a lot actually. I have been spending a lot of time working on my skills, she admitted, This is the most exploring I've done since we came here.