(See All?) Announcements
440 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo

shed your skin — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark
The wind howled a hollow song through the trees, carrying with it twisting spirals of loose snow. Oula's coat met seamlessly with the white of the snow and soft browns of the trees. She couldn't bear to think of Roland out in this weather, she couldn't bear to think of how he'd slipped through her grasp. She would find him, and finally, finally she would keep him safe.

Oula was stuck in her own head, thoughts impossible to separate from the static. She hadn't even noticed she wasn't alone until she practically stumbled upon the deer. The whitetail doe suddenly lifted her head from browsing the twigs of a shrub, large dark eyes settling on Oula in an appraising look. The two females stood frozen in place, neither fear nor animosity settled on either expression; it was simply an acknowledgement of eachother's existence. Distantly Oula knew this was an opportunity -- and god knew her empty stomach needed it -- but somehow she couldn't bring herself to attack. Her sage green eyes mapped the slight trace of scars down the doe's flank, not quite hidden between brown fur. Perhaps she, too, had been through hell and back. Had Oula really grown this soft and useless? Sentimental? Since when had a Whitebark ever shown mercy?

Suddenly Oula's jaws parted, a rough bark leaving her throat as she threw her body forward in a feint. The spell was broken, and the deer dashed off through the snowy forest. Oula stood and watched it leave. She just wanted the thing gone before she changed her mind.
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Crappy, but I don't think these two have ever met so HELLO!

He stopped, hearing in the distance a rustle that made his ears stand erect on his crown. alert pale yellow eyes were fixated on the tree line in the distance. He had been able to separate from his son for a few hours, promising him that he would return before the sun left the sky and this time with food for the both of them to share--they desperately needed this kill. He knew the lad had promise, already at nine months of age he was a impressive size and the agouti elder was prepping for him for survival on his own in a land more forgiving than his birth pack. He only hoped he could do so before next winter, so he could return to his family and to the life he had grown so accustomed to. Casting his attention back to where the sound originated, he watched the deer he had been following for some time bolt away toward safety and he knew that at this distance he wouldn't have the slightest of possibility in catching it, not with his bulky build; but curiosity kept him moving forward anyway.

He moved to where the deer had come, his nostrils flaring to take in what ever scent he could find and noticed the stench of wolf in the wind; there was no doubt in his mind that they had been the cause of fright. His pace quickened until he could just barely make out the outline of Oula and he slunk behind the bulky trunk of a tree to watch her in silence, wondering if she belonged to a pack or not. Within a few minutes he decided she was of no immediate danger to him and showed his face, his thick paws spread wide to maneuver through the amount of snow that had fallen in the past days."Are you looking for food?" he asked, his head tilting to the side. It wasn't much but it was the best he could do to keep the disappointment from his voice and to quiet the sudden growl that erupted from his gut in hunger.

(This post was last modified: Feb 14, 2018, 08:30 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Played by Kydnt who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oula Whitebark
o3o so glad you joined this

Oula watched the space between the trees where the fleeting form of the deer had vanished off into. Her attention was quickly drawn towards the side, the sound of large paws crunching over snow and soft breath heard just over the quiet sounds of the winter forest. Any wolf with more than a few braincells between their ears would have noticed the doe dashing off, so it wasn't a mystery exactly what had attracted him here, but his question confirmed exactly what was on his mind. And what should have been on Oula's mind if her sense of self-preservation hadn't wandered off into the ether with Roland.

"No," the answer was out of her mouth before she had a chance to think about it, "I'm looking for my son." Oula looked over the male that presented himself before her, a blank and unreadable mask settled over her face. He looked kind, his stance unassuming and his head tilted the slightest bit with the question he'd asked. Oula still remembered what an awful mess trusting a friendly face had ended her up in. It was hard to pinpoint the exact moment where she'd messed everything up. "But I don't want any help." She added, trying to keep her voice firm.
[Image: oula_by_becuffin-dbafpqr.png]
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
No worries! I haven't RP'd with you in forever!

He studied the woman in silence, her pale eyes and equally pale coat was a common sight but he was certain from scent alone that he had never met this wolf before, even if something about her seemed so familiar to him. He moved closer, listening as she spoke and nodded his head when he felt appropriate--mention of a son perked his ears. She had lost a child and quickly assured him that despite this horrible news she was not looking for any help, he could respect that especially since he didn't have the time nor the resources to go searching for a lone pup either way. "Fair enough," he acknowledged her request, settling to his haunches when he was certain that this woman was of no threat. Her biggest concern lied with finding her son and Koda was not selfish enough to bring up food once more, even if his stomach had no begun to growl intermittently. "I am sorry about his disappearance and I hope you find him," he made mention for conversation purposes, as thoughts of his own son entered his head and he wondered if her lost cub was of Chiron's age, a pity in itself. "my son and I have wandered most of the Northern end, you are perhaps the only wolf we've met since coming here." he gave with hopes that the information would do her justice. "so much has changed since my last visit." he could remember that this land was booming with wolves and wildlife and now it was more barren than he'd ever recalled. He wondered if she'd had more luck in finding...anything.

(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2018, 09:57 PM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.