(See All?) Announcements
625 Users Online
Bing, Google

the world — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika listened as she described what had transpired between her and Bastet. The fact that she said it seemed strange caused his brow to furrow in concern. “Strange because of the rank challenge? Does Bastet concern you?” He wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on. He was sure there might be some hard feelings between the two women and another rank challenge was inevitable but that didn't mean that civility couldn't be had in the meantime.

He was worried that maybe she was upset or ashamed by what had taken place the day they'd spent together. He hadn't ever done anything like that before but he knew how he felt about it. He breathed a sigh of relief when she said that she wasn't ashamed but smiled as she spoke of being nervous. “I'm happy your not ashamed I'm not either,” he admitted, “But I'm a little nervous too. We're in this together whatever happens,” he said brushing his muzzle against hers.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her ears fell flat against her skull. She had never meant to make a big deal out of things. He had asked, she had told and she thought they could leave it at that. I don't know. She mumbled softly. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Her shoulders gave a sharp shrug at her own words. It was easier to leave it at that than it was to keep mulling over things. A slight pleading glance was spared to Kajika, hoping he might drop the topic for now.

The large female gave a soft nod of her head before nipping at the end of his chin. They were in this together, that much she knew to be true. Of course we are. She hummed in response softly.

Care to walk back with me? I'm thinking the long route. Because she may have been ready to head back to their place but she wasn't fully ready to be flooded with the scents and possible sights of everyone.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When she returned to stating that she might be paranoid he frowned but took it as she wanted to drop the subject. “If anything changes I want you to tell me.” He told her. He then let the subject drop but he kept it in the back of his mind. It was his job as alpha to sort things out if something came up between his subordinates and he would do that. He wanted the cove road be a peaceful place but he also know that wasn't always possible.

Her nod was confirmation that she agreed about them being in this together. The tip of his chin brought a smile to the dark man's face as she spoke to confirm it too. He gave her nose a lick before bumping her gently on the cheek. “I'm happy you came to the cove,” he admitted as he brought his gaze to meet hers.

“I would like that, the long way sounds like a good idea to me.” He didn't want to walk back to their place by himself and there was something about walking her there. Making sure she got there okay and spending those last few moments together before the day started and they would have to go about their duties.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She nodded her head, a swift silent agreement to his words.

Her head tipped softly as she motioned for him to follow alongside her. Why's that? She asked, pertaining to his happiness about her being at the Cove. Techincally things still weren't permanent for her but she figured that she might not leave soon. That was if anything actually ever changed. But she pushed those thoughts aside. For now, she was content and comfortable in her secluded place in the pack. Even if bad feelings seemed to creep up every now and then.

She drifted slightly to let her shoulder bump in Kajika's shoulder, the fire still fresh under her skin and her fondness for the dark male still amplified. It was rather nice to be alone with him even if part of her wanted to disappear again.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She agreed to let him know of any changes and he left it at that. As long as she understood that he was there for her that was all he needed.

He quickly came to walk beside her brushing his shoulder against hers as they walked. Her questioning causing him to turn his head to look at her. “I enjoy spending time with you,” he started, “But more than that you bring out something inside me that I thought had been lost.” He found that he was genuinely a lot happier than he had been in a long time. Sure he was pleasant and smiled around his subordinates but that was part of being an alpha. They needed to see him in good spirits. The dark man wasn't stupid or a fool, he knew why she was in the cove and he knew that she was free to leave at anytime.

A mischievous smile crossed his dark maw before he nipped at her ear in return for the bump to his shoulder. It was times like this with her that he could get lost in the moment and forget he was the leader of a pack and all that entailed.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

What did you lose? She asked before she could stop herself. Her ears awkwardly pulled back. The large female was usually careful about sticking her nose where it didn't belong. But she was going under the guise that he had spoken it aloud, which meant it couldn't be totally off limits, right?

Her pace was slow as they walked along, the moon lighting up the rugged paths for them. The view was lovely and the world still seemed alive as if it was day. Granted it wasn't. The lands around them were silent. Not even a bird chirped.

So she didn't ruin the precious silence that had fallen with useless chatter, she merely enjoyed it along with the presence of the dark male.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Her question he supposed was to be expected after what he'd admitted to her. “Last year was a hard year for the cove and for me. Throughout it all I feel I lost my hope for a brighter future for the pack and myself. Happiness...I thought I was happy but I was just lying to myself.” He felt she had brought both of those things back into his life. She had helped him to see things that he hadn't ever considered.

He kept the same pace as she had not in a huge hurry to get back to their sleeping space. It was a pretty night and one that he was content to enjoy with her. While only hours were left before the sun would rise the thought of sleep was far from his mind.

“I like that when you and I are spending time like this together I can just be me and take the time to enjoy the time that I'm spending with you and your company.” He hoped that came out right so that she could understand what he meant.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Grungy eyes glanced over at the dark coated male. One ear leaning back before straightening up again. Her lips drew downward just slightly, her mind wondering if she should even say something. Would he like to hear what she had to say? Would her thoughts on the subject even matter?

I'm glad you seem to be happy again, though. She opted to say instead. Birtie - for once - wasn't in the mood to drop her two cents. Perhaps it was best to let things settle without her disrupting them. Tonight she didn't feel like killing any moods.

A soft smile broke her stoic features, tail swaying easily behind her. The large female did not verbally reply. She instead briefly leaned into him before taking long strides forward, taking the lead and inviting him to follow her along. There was still plenty of land to cover before they made it back to the Cove.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He had admitted something to Birtie that he hadn't even mentioned to Moonshadow. He doubted he would have to tell his oynx co-lead but it was about saying it out loud that made it such a big deal. It was also a conclusion he'd only come to recently which bothered him some. He felt he should have realized it sooner.

He looked over to his cream coated companion as she spoke saying that she was glad he seemed happy. Kajika smiled in return, “Thank you, it's nice to feel what it's like to he happy again.” It was a feeling that he'd almost forgotten and she'd given it back to him. Whether she stayed or went it would be something he would remember.

They fell into a silence after that which he was more than happy to enjoy with her. He couldn't help the smile as she leaned into him and when she moved ahead of him he followed hoping to catch up to her. They had the rest of the night to find their way back to face a new day in the cove.

Fade