Goodbye Gravity — Midnight Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
For the darling @Neha. Set on 2/8

How lovely are the portals of the night
When stars come out to watch the daylight die

Had been getting to the top of the mountain always been this hard? No, she didn’t think so. She’d made the trek many times in her lifetime and while it was no easy feat her body had never ached the way it did in that moment. It was an ache that seemed to stretch over her entire being, radiating from her sides and branching across her back. It was so strong that she felt her head starting to pound. Her breathing came in labored gasps as she stumbled into the Plateau. It created a shelter for her to use, to rest for the day before she had to make her journey down the mountain and to the land next to the Red Fern Forest. Really it was a forced stop because she didn’t think she would make it if she had to continue any longer without a long rest. No better she flop down here and conserve herself for the longer trek to come.

Plus, the Plateau was far enough away from the Cove to where she was certain she wouldn’t be found. If any of them found her she knew they would be quick to whisk her back with them even if against her will. She didn’t think to fault them for it but she had one more thing to do before she settled down for good.

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
Played by Mai who has 201 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain

Tucked away in the sanctuary that was known as Midnight Plateau, Neha rested. In her days as a youth she had known this peaceful little haven was a favorite of hers to venture towards. So what drew her back to it now? The memories of her more innocent days, or maybe just the need to forget. Far enough away from the Cove, she knew it was unlikely that anyone would find her. Still, due to her increasingly reclusive nature, the light tawny female hid herself away. Instead of scavenging she would rest. And that she did, hidden in the remnants of a hollow log tucked back well into the treeline.

Though resting, she was far from asleep. The telltale twitch of her ears every once in a while would show that she was very much awake, alert to her environment. Curled into a tight little ball, her muzzle tucked between her forelegs and eyes closed, she tried to shut out any and all thoughts that tried to seep into her head. She was conflicted. She didn't know what she wanted these days or who she even was anymore. She wanted little to do with pack life but she also did not want to spend another season as a haggard drifter. So she would do nothing and let it play out on it's own. With one of many long deep sighs heaving her side, her head lifted slowly after she had inhaled. Someone was out there. That scent...it was familiar.

Neha can often be found close to Aleister's side and therefore may appear in any of his threads.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Just as she was about to rest, the wind brought a peculiar scent in her direction. She paused, auds swiveling to attention as she looked around. But...it couldn’t be, could it? The pale woman had expected her eldest child to have left the Lore like the rest. The last place she expected the pale Vuesain to be was on the mountain. And, if she was on the mountain...why wasn’t she with the Cove? She was a child of it and she hoped she knew that she would always be accepted there even if her parents were no longer ruling or present. It was embedded in her bones, the mountain and the lake. Her right by birth.

The former queen pushed herself to keep going forward, maternal instincts taking over the exhaustion that ran down her body. Her nose twitched as she sniffed around for the scent she knew to her very core, the scent of her child, a scent that no mother could ever forget. Yet, there she was. Tucked into a log, there was the Cove princess. Haggard and thin, something that brought alarm to the mother, but present all the same. “Oh, Neha my darling child,” she breathed, looking in disbelief but also with a growing sense of relief. She had found her.

Made by  esa
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain

Wide eyed, she slowly and cautiously poked her head out of an opening in the decaying wood of the log. And there, coming towards her like a beacon of hope, was her mother. She blinked, shaking her head as if trying to clear her vision, to be sure she wasn't hallucinating. But there she was, at her side in an instant. "Mother..." She breathed weakly. Wrenching herself out of her feeble little shelter she burst out into the open to meet Namid. Neha may be in less than ideal body condition, but a single glance at the former Cove matriarch showed that she was ailing in some way too.

Her throat closed up, eyes thick with emotion as a pitiful whine escaped her lips. She ducked down low, tucking herself in against the familiar frame of her own mother. She clung to her, taking comfort in both the embrace and the scent she had so dearly missed. "You came back. W-where did you go?" She drew her head away painfully, seeking out those mismatched eyes. "What of my father?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2018, 01:04 AM by Neha.)
Neha can often be found close to Aleister's side and therefore may appear in any of his threads.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Her eldest child was at her side in an instant, tucking herself into the former queen with a whine and the mother was happy to reciprocate. She folded the girl in a hug, gently preening and licking her back, neck and face. She could feel her child’s bones which concerned her greatly. Namid knew what had happened to the pair but she didn’t know what her life had been like in that time. It seemed it wasn’t treating her well.

She asked where she’d went and she gave her a gentle smile, nudging her cheeks in an attempt to calm her down. Next was of Vespertio and the woman’s chest tightened. Neha was so frantic, so deeply concerned that it hurt her. She wanted to take it away, wanted to steal away the sorrow and the hurt that was nestled in those soft brown eyes but she knew she couldn’t and that made it all the worse. ”Shhh, everything is okay,” she hummed. “Your father and I went to search for your siblings. Unfortunately I could not find them so I returned to seek you out. Your father stayed behind, after much of my coaxing, to keep searching for them,” she replied.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain

ebbing and flowing

pushed by the breeze, i live to make you free

The truth was that Neha had chosen not to look after herself. She was fully capable physically. But mentally and emotionally, she was ruined. Wrapped up in a state of self loathing and depression, driven to the point where she simply did not care. It was her own form of punishment for being so naive. So foolish.

But she still had the power to change that. To get back up on her feet and set out on the right path again. But she refused, too stubborn to see the light at the end of the tunnel. All she saw was her world crumbling and those around her drifting away or gone completely. And in one of her greatest hours of darkness, her mother like a beacon of hope, was back with her. She clung to her like a savior, delighting in the comfort of everything she was. Her scent, her touch, the gentle melody of her voice. Everything of her presence was soothing, just like the healing arts the former Matriarch had dabbled in. Golden ears pressed down moved to life, absorbing the information she gave. Her parents had looked for her siblings. She swallowed a thick lump in her throat as her thoughts went to Cernan, eyes watering when Namid said their search was unsuccessful. Her father had stayed behind to keep searching. "How noble of him..." She whispered. "I hope he is well..." She pulled back only to gently graze the bridge of her muzzle under her mothers pale chin. "And Draven? Have you seen him?" Her voice grew colder with his name...distant. She knew Namid was fond of the male, like a child of her own. She wouldn't blame her if she had sought him out to check up on him, even if the once lively relationship between the first born and the Leigh was no more.

(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2018, 02:55 AM by Neha.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Namid smiled as Neha mentioned it was noble of her father to stay behind. It hadn’t been an easy decision to make for either of them and it had taken a lot of arguing to finally get him to give in. Knowing their children were safe, that was the most important thing to the mother. Even if she was sick, even if she was dying, their lives meant far more to her. Her daughter expressed that she hope he was well and she chuckled. “Oh, he is your father. I am sure he is fine, albeit a little lonely,” she commented. After all, she felt lonely without him by her side. They had been together for 3 years, which in the life of a wolf was quite a decent amount of time. He was her life partner and she felt a little emptier without him.

The woman was surprised when she asked of Draven. She had figured the subject wouldn’t have been broached under the circumstances, but then again Neha had always been one to care deeply. She was sure it had to have taken quite a lot of feelings to get her to leave the Cove for Draven and she wondered how her child was handling everything. Though, a quick look at her told her not so well. ”I have, in fact. I saw him just before I ventured up here. He has settled in Charred Ash Draw, who housed Lunette for a time. Just down the mountain,” she replied, nuzzling her daughter’s cheek. "What have you been doing all this time, my heart? she asked, concern etching it's way into her voice.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Neha Vuesain

She had no doubt that @Vespertio, wherever he was out there, would be okay. He was a strong and capable man, doing what was right by going to the ends of the earth to unite with his children. No one could predict if she or anyone else back in the Lore would ever see him again. Even if those who were close did not, she knew that he would be with them in spirit. She remained motionless, almost non reactive as she listened to the news her mother delivered about her former lover.

He wasn't far. Apparently settled in a new pack, the name of which she had never heard of before. "Well...good for him, then." She stated numbly, if not with hint of bitterness. She wouldn't visit. She would leave him to whatever new life he was carving out for himself, without her. She couldn't quite make up her mind if it was her own youthful foolishness that was to blame for where she was now, or if it was him. The tension building in her body eased away only slightly when she inquired about herself. Chocolate eyes hovered on the fur of her cheek, a far away look in their depths while a heavy silence stretched between the female wolves. "...Shortly before I was due, I joined a pack called Quaking Vale, located in the Copse. Draven and I...we raised our only child, a son. Sachiel." She turned her head to pin her eyes to the ground. "But then things just...started coming apart. They....didn't feel right. And one day he confessed that he just didn't love me." Her voice didn't break or hold no waver like it would have had the wounds been fresh. Instead it was hollow, but the pain she felt inside was still very much real. "The day after, our son went missing. I searched everywhere on this side of the mountain...but eventually just gave up hope." Even with the lack of emotion Neha displayed, Namid as perceptive as she was, was bound to see through the layers she covered herself with. She knew her daughter better than anyone else. With a spirit such as hers, the blow must have been devastating on a deeply psychological scale for her to allow herself to deteriorate so badly.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 01:11 AM by Neha.)
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Namid’s mismatched gaze watched her child as she spoke. Her first comment held a tone of sourness, though perhaps just a hint and she couldn’t quite say she blamed her. There was a lot that had happened to her first born, thus seemed to be the curse of her Macieo blood. From her appearance she didn’t seem to be handling it well, and it seemed she didn’t want to broach the subject much further.

Neha relaxed into her touch and Namid was quick to snuggle up to her boney daughter, basking in the warmth of the body that had come from her. Oh, how she had missed her princess. She listened quietly as the pale Vuesain explained, nodding in understanding. Draven had explained where they had been going before he’d left, though it was interesting to know the name. All she had known at the time was that they were going somewhere in the more southern region, but they would still be in the lands of Lore. She mentioned that he told her he had fallen out of love with her and her heart ached for the girl. The former queen couldn’t imagine the heartbreak her pup was feeling from it all. To be told by the one that you loved, that you had had a child with, that they no longer harbored the same feelings for you had to be torturous.

She mentioned that she had set out to search for her son, who she now knew to be Sachiel. She said that she’d searched all over the west side of the mountain but had found no sign of him, which disheartened the woman. Draven had said that he’d seen the boy there, but perhaps he had left in that time?

“I am proud of you for perservering,” she said first off, because she wanted Neha to know that she had to take heart in even the little things she was doing. And, persevering in the face of adversity was no easy feat. She knew that from experience. “You should not have had to go through what you have in the short life you have had so far. I should have come and checked on you before your father and I left, I apologize my love,” the pale woman said, brows drawing together in sincerity. A part of her felt like much of the Vuesain child’s suffering could have been avoided if she’d just checked first. Perhaps she could have helped her look, kept her from falling apart. But alas, there was little she could do now other than offer her advice.

”I will tell you, however, that you must never give up hope. Not in yourself and not in your child. It is something I have learned in my years on this earth and it is something I have learned from experience. It is challenging and it is not the easiest choice, but the best choice you can make is to keep going. You have the blood of fire running through your veins, we were made to keep going through hardship. Take a break, take care of yourself, but once you have healed you much keep on pushing. Promise me you will never give up your fight,” the mother said, her tone quite serious.

Made by  esa