(See All?) Announcements
423 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo, Nadine

deus ex machina
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 290 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>confession: I live for making thread titles.</span></li></ul>
The trek from the mountains left him exhausted, defeated. Kiche had only enough energy left to collapse into the snow, completely, carelessly prostrate. His body was angry with him. Bitterly, his muscles cried out that they ached and he was the one to blame. His stomach, too, was grieving of emptiness and making very painful threats. But his heart, though it pounded and raced, was rejoicing, unable to ignore the thrill of being a part of a life he had thought he had left behind. Though it had been broken and repaired many times to the point that it was nearly unrecognizable, his soul fit seamlessly into the familiar atmosphere of the forest. Vaguely, he concluded that he was more home here, lying in the snow, than he had been under the roof of the snowy willow tree.

While he longed to relinquish his last ties to the waking world and slip into the welcoming embrace of sleep, he found that his eyes would not close. Even as the rest of his body groaned and complained, they were wide awake. Like two amber butterflies, they frolicked and fluttered through the air, desperately thirsty and undeniably playful. They drank ravenously from the nectar of his forest, taking in a familiar scent and a familiar sight here and there. Content, a warm sigh melted the snow, "<b>Oh, it's good to be back.</b>"

</blockquote>
[Image: Kiche-porcisig2.jpg]
like my art? comission me!
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
A silence had stirred in the heart of Elettra Archer, but not the lands of Relic Lore. As more and more wolves came into the lands, more and more did Elettra find herself slinking around the boarders of her home, keen on protecting it, but despite from those whom resided within. She was unsure of how her leadess was doing, nor the children whom were growing quickly and with it, needing the elder members less and less. With Borden within, someone whom her queen clearly still had feelings for, Elettra was content with keeping him at the bottom of the barrel, but weary that he may find a way to crawl to the top. Elettra knew, should the time arise, she would be unable to a content member under such rule.
As the day would fade, the snow growing stronger and stronger, the woman would be forced from her post despite her tundra nature and back into the safety of her home, thick within the forest. With a deep inhale, she would sniff out the scents of her home- those within her pack, distant or close, left over food from a hunt she had more so recently been a part of with Kade and a new-found member, the cedar of the landscape and- Kiche.
There would be no mistake and as she rushed forth, filled with tension and raised hairs, a grimace would form over her lips as she would dash though the lands of her home. There was a certainty about her that he should not be here, a wolf whom had openly disrespected and turned against his leadess word. A wolf whom had attacked his member and threatened the balance of their home! When he had left it had been the best thing for Grizzly Hollow, so certainly he being here must have been another sign of disdain- trespassing, for none in the Hollow would be in their right mind to allow his return.
So when she arrived, her defenses were just as high as her tail, her eyes in slits as they cast down upon his lying form. Her head remained scrunched back, low to the ground where it would be made to sway between her limbs and her body would push forth, jaws open and outward, aiming to seek the scruff of the fallen man as she approached at his side. It would be a short attack, aiming a small slash to him as a warning if he did not leave. "GET OUT!" Her voice was a loud roar, a slithering growl from her parted mug as it would retreat back to it's protection between her shoulders and rolling of flesh and fur.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote>
But just as a lover romanticizes and recreates a beautiful, yet woefully disparate incarnation of a lost love, Kiche had recreated an incongruent reality —one in which certain creatures and certain memories simply did not exist. Suddenly, without warning, the tranquility of his world was snapped and trampled by emphatic, resonant footfalls in the woods that broke the backs of twigs and crushed leaves into dust. He had only enough time to rouse his guard and look up from where he lay in the snow to see the black heathen emerge from his past out of the forest, hurtling towards him. Although his body ached and screamed, he leaped to his feet, scrambling backwards in a poorly constructed defensive stance. <i>Elettra.</i> She had not existed in the fantastic memories of Grizzly Hollow. Very simply, she had been erased and forgotten... In his exhausted, beleaguered state, he found it difficult to grapple with her sudden reappearance in his life and all the implications that came with it.

Only narrowly did he manage to escape her warning snap — matted clumps of hair were all that her jaws found. That in itself was painful to Kiche, who was in no position to deal with anything more rough than a nap. Without thinking, he collapsed, rolling onto his back. Elettra screamed with a force he had never imagined possible. <i>Get out.</i> But this was his home. Wasn't it? Unable to understand and unable to make sense of a Grizzly Hollow that contained one very away savage, he flung his paws over his eyes, burying his muzzle in his forelegs. "<b>But... I... But...</b>" What was he suppose to say? If Elettra didn't want him here... did she have the power to forcibly banish him? If Elettra was here, did he even <i>want</i> to be here? An image of Jayse came to mind, and then suddenly a rush of memories began to resurface —memories of the little ones, of Trisden and Hocus and Propser.... Of course he wanted to stay...

</blockquote>
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
    no good deed goes unpunished.

She was lolling around the den for a change, basking in what sunlight made it to the ground. Her eyelids pressed over her eyes, she listened to the inner workings of her breath coming, and going to the background of the beat of her heart. It was somewhat soothing, the invisible touch, and simple rhythm. She was passing from this reality into dreamland, as the daylight would fade, and then she heard it.

"GET OUT!"

She did not have to think whose voice it was. She knew. What she didn't know who she was telling this to. Borden was her first guess, thinking they had gotten into some kind of fight. She jumped to her paws, tearing off into the forest letting her nose, and pointed ears guide her. It was not Borden at the end of Elettra's wrath today it was Kiche. Damn it. Apparently her Second had no idea he had returned, nor that Jaysyek had been the one to bring him back. Could she blame her? What Kiche had been was horrible, and he had been a common enemy. Things had changed, and she had to rush to his aid. What she'd think, feeling he wouldn't possible attack Elettra in return...would he?

All her strength she veered, and dug her paws harder against he sharp snow until she saw Kiche on his back, and Elettra clearly not happy above him. It was a hard balance keeping the peace, but it was her task. She had to believe she could she convince Elettra, Kiche had changed, he was not a threat, or why would El believe her?

White, and silver hair was pricked in untamed ridges, her ears tapered back atop her skull. She "Elettra!" She called, running to stand on the other side of Kiche. He's no longer an enemy! Look at him." She said, a plea, and yet a strong determination in her bold unmatched eyes daring her to challenge her words. She wasn't sure if that'd be enough, Kiche was belly side up, covering his eyes. She took it up a notch, and hovered her nape over his torso. "I have saved his life, and he's loyal to me now."

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She would not forget and she would not forgive. Where Borden had broken her emotionally by breaking her trust (which was hard to come by) this man had not wounded her in such a way, for she had never trusted him and never liked him. Still, there was not an ounce of mercy she would offer him, for his betrayal had been all enough to allow her to know he was undeserving of mercy. Her attack missed and he rolled off, coming to a defensive stance that she was ready to counter with an aggressive one, until he came crashing down onto his back-side, covering his face by his uplifted forelimbs.
Elettra Archer, a ferocious woman, was just this, but she was no heathen as Kiche liked to call all others before. She would not attack the already fallen man in his display of submission towards her. He had already accepted defeat by his display and thus, bested by her. "But you what!? Which to seek another chance to strike out at the Hollow's members?" Her jaws snapped, her body lingering but closer, her chin tucked lightly to the crest of her chest for protection, should she attack him in a manner which he had so easily tried before. She would not be made the fool.
"I said OUT!" Her voice roared, parted jaws awaiting his objection- his retaliation! It was only Jaysyek, flying into action to keep her members in line which caused Elettra to back away from Kiche, her tail lowering before her leadess in a respectful gesture, but still not down fully before the eyes of Kiche. "Now he is loyal to you? And what reason did he not have this ability before? He attacked the second, me, YOU!" Elettra's words rang loud in question, echoing over the cedar landscape to allow all to know the might of her rage, to let all know the treat had arrived once more. "I don't trust it- not any of it." She spoke boldly, stepping back further, her head falling with ears pinned against her head, her eyes narrowed, cold against the fallen Kiche. "And what happens when he gains back his strength? What happens when he holds the power to strike back?" She snorts before the face of Kiche. It is here where her gaze moves from him and back to her leadess, filled with question and weariness. "Do you plan on letting everyone who hurt you crawl back into your trust so easily?" Perhaps the question was a low blow, but Elettra had enough with the arrival of Borden- but now Kiche!? And who next, Vlarindara? Elettra was sick of having to watch her back in her own home!
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
<blockquote>The dark man had just laid his broad head upon wide, muddied paws when the snow began to settle its weight upon Grizzly Hollow. Just when it would appear that he'd surrendered to the comfort of the den he'd managed to settle - dug deep below an ancient, deadened cedarwood - the sound of a distant commotion met his sensitive ears.

<i>A scuffle here, the rustling of iced vegetation there, a ferocious snarl inbetween</i>...What in the hell was going on? To his feet and out the door in an instant, Kade made quick work of covering the short distance between the confines of shelter and the excitement of...<i>Elettra going ape shit</i>.

At first glance, the scuffle was almost comical. There stood the static-coated Second, in all her glory, fuming from the ears as she towered above Kiche, whom he'd first met only days before on the mountain. From the looks of things, it would appear as though they were going at it, until a blur of white - Jaysyek - intervened. A serious tone descended upon the scene as words were thrown around, and, deciding to watch from the sidelines, the brute slowly took a seat, wide-eyed.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2012, 02:29 AM by Kade.)
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><ul>this is bad. but I just want to keep it moving.
oh god, lost of people. posting order: kiche > jayse > el > kade.</li></ul></span>

At this point, he was pretty sure he had been sentenced to death. The dark heathen loomed over him, and although he could not see her, he knew her teeth were bared in the most menacing snarl. The deep rumble in her throat made the ground tremble. There was an earthquake in his heart, and the aftershocks wracked his body as he waited for the end, beginning to contemplate his peculiar relationship with death. It was if death was dogging his every step, waiting around every corner. There had been so many run-ins with grim, smiling Death, who wore a new, colorful mask for every encounter, every occasion. Most days he was the heathens, brown, black, and silver. Some days Death was a quiet, sinister lake, or a ferocious bear, or a roof of snow. Once, Death had even worn his own face... Death, whom he was so well acquainted with, could have almost been considered a friend in this case. But no matter how many times he visited, he never stayed for long. The shadow always passed —and today was no exception.

Out of no where, a guardian angel appeared, thrusting her neck between himself and Elettra. Timidly, he peered out from behind his paws, and gazed up at the dark shadow that blotted out the sun. She wore a thin fringe of light, a halo, and he stared up at her, mystified and unable to comprehend her presence for a moment. Until he realized it was Jayse. Confusion boiled in his stomach, although he remembered having had these thoughts before, but everything was so muddled. Nauseated by fear and on the verge a relapse, he felt himself somewhat sickened by the idea of Jayse as an <i>angel.</i> But what were angels anyway? Meaningless thoughts bounced off his head, and his head throbbed and ached. He hardly heard any of the words that were thrown about above his head. "<b>I'm not</b> <i>trying</i> <b>to hurt anyone. I just... I just wanted...</b>" But he didn't know what he wanted.

</blockquote>
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<i>oh sarah you're fine you couldn't suck. annnnd sorry about the mouthful of dialogue</i>

no good deed goes unpunished.

Could she blame Elettra? Together they had been through hell, and back. Every heartache, and tragedy they had faced together. Jaysyek was quite aware how even more crumbled her life would be if she had not had the strong lady taking care of not only her, but her children. Letting Borden back had not been easy for her, though now Jayse was sure she personally made his own days hell. None the less this was a dreadful way to repay her. Letting both Borden, and Kiche return. For the ash colored wolf it seemed so cruel to just leave Kiche to his fate, not after how far he had come. There was certain things she was for sure could not be fake, and her last few encounters with Kiche she knew hadn't been an act. How could she explain? Elettra hung on the more logical side of things, what was, not what could be. Nothing was grey everything was black or white.

Jaysyek merely held eye contact, staring deep into the pale silver pools of her second, and dear friend as she roared in angry. She was well aware the wrong doings of Kiche, and he had more than been punished. She held tongue, watching as she made distance between them. Her words were like a whip's bite upon her skin, quick and brutal. It would have been easier to take a physical blow than this. Gaze narrowed at the last question, and her tail raised higher. She held her ground, standing firm in her choice until she had finished."No, Elettra. There is but one other who has hurt me,and she left with a harsh reminder she is not welcome here. If you think I am so foolish, you can seek her to find truth. As for Borden and Kiche those are two different matters. Kiche was punished for what he did. He's here trying to do the right thing. I can't explain, but if you saw him, heard him as I did maybe you'd understand. If Kiche hadn't changed don't you think he would have struck you now, or rumbled a growl? Do you really think I would let him back here nearmy children if there was a doubt in my mind?" A low growl, very short ended her sentence.

Once it was quiet Kiche, who had seemed to pull himself into another place, spoke up. He was unable to finish his sentence, and she threw a hard look back to El. "I know you're not happy with any of this. I didn't count on it. Look, he's broken, and I have to help him. Don't you understand that? He needs me, as much as I needed you all these months...with everything...even now how in pieces everything is." Eyes softened tremendously, and the hair along her back had flattened. She was hoping to reach her hardened heart. Elettra liked to heal physical ailments, couldn't she understand Jayse's compassion? She was unaware Kade was nearby, but after a quiet second she slipped to her haunches. "Elettra you've been through it all with me, and I respect you -your opinion. Right now I'm just asking you to give him a clean slate. If not you tell me what I can do to prove all this, to ease your mind." She ended, but did not once move her unmatched eyes from the dark lady. Would her words change her mind? She was sure Elettra would not trust him, but Jaysyek wasn't asking her to.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra, high on alert, would take note of Kade's arrival, silent as he watched from the sidelines in wait. Though she would notice, she would pay little attention to him as it were, her eyes directed upon Kiche and Jaysyek, though even as her leader addressed her, El would refuse to take her guard down in the presence of an untrusted wolf. If at all possible, she would keep an eye upon him at all times, as certainly he would with her. It was such tension Elettra wished not in a pack, mainly one whom was small compared to the near army sized bands she had been part of before, filled with such anger and tension, with a constant need to one-up the wolf at your side, pack mate or not.
Kiche's small statement caused her body to tremble with anger, her hackles rising further as a bellow of a growl seeped from clinched jaws. He was not trying to hurt anyone; Vlarindara had tried not to hurt anyone, Borden had tried. The woman was sick of the insolence, the quick acceptance of abandonment her leadess wore, to simply slap them on the hand and let them on with their marry way! El could not stand to constantly watch her own back and she feared that trying to protect her alphena was a heedless attempt if she so willingly opened her door to wolves whom harmed her the most.
She was sought no more then a fallen angel amongst Jays in her rise of power; a demon amongst an angel, a shadow looming over the pack. Forgiveness, patience, kindness...it came not easily from the woman as it did Jaysyek, mainly to those whom broken her already rarely offered trust. She'd never been fed second chances and so refused to dish them out herself. Jaysyek's life was filled with dreams and hopes, but Elettra Archer remained far to realistic for such fairytale dreams.
"I cannot just simply forgive and forget what he's done. You expect me to offer him a clean slate, to erase the damage....I wouldn't expect him to do the same for me, so don't ask me to do the same for him." Once more, her eyes shoot coldly to the slithering brute and if looks could have killed- he'd be dead. "Although I don't trust him, I will trust you, as I always have....But if it all goes south; with Kiche, with Borden...don't expect me to play nice. I am your second, but that does not mean I give second chances to those whom step on my loyalty so freely." It is here her hackles and tail would then fall fully, her ears turning backwards, her grimace turning to a grim expression by her obvious uncertainty.
"I'd hate to have it come down to choosing whom stays, and whom goes." It was her final word. After all, both Kiche and Borden had come before her, but they had also left her in her dire time of need, when Elettra had not. It was obvious, Elettra was not happy with what was allowed within this pack, bringing her to be weary of her placement with the Hollow wolves. Though Elettra had not spoken to Jays on her feelings, her words, and expression, would make it obvious now. Elettra worked a fine line eating, sleeping, and living amongst those whom she considered enemies, though she would refuse to be ruled by them. The rise of Kiche and Borden would be the leave of Jaysyek's second. It's here, where she would offer her lead a respectful dip of her muzzle before turning and leaving the group to their fate. By her alliance, Elettra Archer would be there for her should Jaysyek fall, but Elettra refused to fall with her.
Inactive No Rank
Kiche
<blockquote><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'><ul>I suppose we should finish this off? God, processing all the dialogue was so difficult for Kiche’s tiny brain.</li></ul></span>
Most of the argument flew right over his head, and he desperately sought to find some meaning for phrases like, “<i>Kiche was punished for what he did.</i>” At the moment, it was impossible to make sense of something like that. What <i>had</i> he done? What had he done that stirred up the black banshee to the point of vengeance and hysteria? Was she still so caught up on that day so long ago? Kiche still couldn’t understand what he had actually done <i>wrong</i> then. All he could recall was a lot of blood and shouting and her offer to rip his face off. But there had never been any explanations. He was stupid, he was young, he was confused. He had never truly wanted to be a part of this cult –not until now. But then, back then, he hadn’t wanted any of this, hadn’t asked for any of this, had understood nothing. And no one had cared to explain anything to him…

But then he realized something. He had never cared to explain <i>himself</i> to any of them. Not even Aisling.

Jayse, it appeared, believed he had changed. What did that mean? Sure, he felt… <i>different</i>… but a lot of it he wasn’t sure he liked. Had he changed for the better? But now was not the time to ask himself these questions. The war of words that raged above his head held his attention like a vice. “<i>He’s broken, and I have to help him.</i>” These declarations confused him. “<i>He needs me…</i>” How could he have been so <i>blind</i>? He had never believed Aisling until now: there <i>was</i> good in these heathens, far too much for him to comprehend, it appeared. Jayse was trying to reach out to him, she wanted to help him, she <i>believed</i> in him. He was lost for words.

As for the sable bitch, though… it appeared there was only darkness in her soul. There was no religious forgiveness in her heart, even though Kiche felt as if there was little to forgive. <i>What have I done that was so awful!</i> He wanted to shout, suddenly. But to defend himself, to raise his voice would only further inflame Elettra. She was unwilling to offer him the clean slate that Jayse asked for, only because she claimed that he would not offer it to her. And that was an unfair thing for her to say. Why <i>should</i> he offer her a clean slate when all that was preventing her from ripping his throat out was his Jayse, his guardian angel? Elettra did nothing to <i>deserve</i> a clean slate, while Kiche felt he had done nothing to prevent him from getting another clean one. Quite frankly, he was confused about why he had been so condemned to <i>begin</i> with. None of this made any sense! Elettra’s ultimatum were her final words, and as suddenly as she appeared she was gone.

Roughly, the dusty ginger male rolled so that he was upright again, laying on the ground, staring up at Jayse. For reasons that escaped him, she loved that dark barbarian. “<b>Jayse…</b>” he said softly, hoping to draw her attention, “<b>I’m… I’m sorry.</b>” Sorry for whatever he had done before to cause all this mess, sorry for all the things he had thought and believed about her, sorry for all the harm he had plotted to cause her, sorry for leaving, sorry for creating a rift between her and the black heathen. He was sorry for too many things. But he still wondered. “<b>Do you really…</b>” The words caught in his throat. “<b>Do you really believe those things you… said. About me?</b>” He had to know.</blockquote>