(See All?) Announcements
428 Users Online

Not on a map anymore. — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 92 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

The surprise was visible on Aurek's face as Adelayde revealed that the scary, rough looking man was actually his uncle too, Laike. The boy's tail begin to wave cautiously at first and then get some momentum until it was whirling behin him furiously from sheer excitement. Aurek had a bight breaming smile on his face but Laike's less entusiastic response calmed Aurek a little. Had he made mistake with his choice of words? Was @Lorcan not famous? "oh man... I did not expect this." -he admitted while trying to collect himself.

Aurek took few steps forward, now less afraid of the pair that had come to meet him. They were his extended family after all, so Aurek presumed he was welcome. He did dirvert a little bit towards Adelaydes side, Laike being still.. bit more scarier of the two. "Well.. uh.. Lorcan came to see us at one time and told us stories about.. his adventures and things. I thought everyone here would know him.  Maybe he is not so famous famous after all but.. I wanted to find him and also adventure. Da has been bit rough on me lately so.. I saw myself out."

Aurek halted again, watching the pair with his yellow eyes, still visibly smiling and happy but also feeling that he was not exactly welcomed with open paws, least from Laike's part. "I hope I am not bothering you two. I wasn't looking for you Laike, I admit, but I have been wondering occasionally how you are faring too... father does not share very many words about you when I ask.."

Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
so sorry for the late response >_<
adelayde artemieva

Her mismatched settled upon her husband as he snorted at his nephew's words, his sharp words following to dismiss the title the boy gave Lorcan. The Lore was massive and it was only convenience that she met her brother-in-law a handful of times, only because he was a member of a few northern packs. Adelayde didn't travel far from the Rye borders, keeping herself well in the north, leaving the rest of the Lore unexplored by the Artemieva.

Meeting her mate's gaze as he introduced her to the boy, she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips. That rough, scary man Aurek saw was not what she saw in her eyes. There was so much more to him. Her gaze lingered for moment after his shifted back to the boy, eventually hers followed suit. She would let the two of them talk without her interruption as Aurek mentioned that his father, Laike's brother never mentioned anything about him when he asked. Ade wondered why that was, however, opted to see if Laike would mention anything about it to the boy.

Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
@Aurek @Adelayde apologies for the wait, we can probably wrap this up since it's been so long.

He was led to believe the boy's father was Malek since him and Tikhon had departed together without siring any children. Perhaps it is for that reason that he suddenly closes himself off and feel stung by the boy's words. His glare hardens once again and his hackles bristle slightly. Was it petty to hold a grudge from a man against his child? Most likely but Laike couldn't help himself. Even after all this time the wound of betrayal felt as fresh as the day it happened.

Leave. Lorcan isn't here and we have nothing else for you either. His words were as sharp as a serpent's tooth and he offered a chuff to Adelayde. See him out. With that he turned his back to his nephew and headed back into Rye.

-Laike's Exit-

laike
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek had not expected his uncle to outright reject him like this. Sure, they had never really met, but Aurek thought blood ties meant something at least. The boy had visibly shocked expression for a brief moment as Laike told his mate to see him out, like he was some.. undesirable nuisance. The young boy protested, even if in vain. "Uncle.. wait! Wha- what did I do wrong?!"

Seeing his own kin turn his back on him like this really stung the young boy and he felt pain in his chest as he held back tears, confused, angry and above all sad. Ears flat, head lowering along with the rest of his posture, Aurek turned his pleading eyes on the remaining she wolf now instead. "Did I say something silly?" -his voice faltering but holding for now. Perhaps there was some mistake?[/color]

Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

Surprised couldn't describe what entered her mind when Laike's behavior made a dramatic switch, abruptly dismissing his nephew from the Rye fields. Ade couldn't hide the shock from her face as her pale husband turned his back from the pair and returned to the Rye. The poor boy didn't understand it either, his protest making her heart ache. His emotional gaze turned to her then as her tawny ears swiveled back against her crown. There was more to this unexpected family reunion, something underlying that made her mate snap and turn family away.

I-I don't know... You should go. I'm sorry... She managed to mutter, her mismatched gaze apologetic as she waited for the boy to take his leave from the Rye border. Adelayde didn't have any explanation for Aurek as she too was left confused by Laike's sudden dismissal. Once the boy did take his leave, the Artemieva would attempt to find her husband, knowing that she most likely wouldn't get an answer, but perhaps she could lend him her support in whatever he was dealing with.

Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek was confused to say the least, worrying if he had said something that resulted in this outcome. He could not think any of his words could be seen as disrespectful. This had to be something else. Perhaps old grudge between his father and @Laike, now that he thought about it. @Adelayde was still kind with her words however and she apologized for her mate. Aurek turned to her now and while it clearly showed this hurt him, he did not blame her. "It's okay... I wish you and uncle everything good."

He lingered for a moment longer, reluctand to go, but he could not think of anything else to say or reason to remain. He had been told to leave and he would. With a nod to her he then turned around, deciding not to come back for a good while. Lorcan was still out there in the wild and Aurek had to find him.

- Aurek fade -