(See All?) Announcements
542 Users Online
Google, Bing, Enera

On My Own — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

If anything, Anastasia wanted to bring to light that not everyone was right and not everyone was wrong. It was a good mixture of both, between all parties and peace wasn't that difficult to maintain. There were much larger things in life than this, Sana shouldn't have to feel like she was looked at differently but Ana could understand how she might come to that conclusion. However, Sana was her own person and should be treated as such. I would like to see your mother be able to visit without worry on either side, because that was the end goal. To know that mother and daughter were allowed to communicate with one another in the very least. To make sure that things were going deeper down the rabbit hole than they needed to.

They might, but it is up to you how you want to handle them. If you feel like they're creeping up on you, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Or press your stomach to the ground and feel for the silence. Just anything that will calm you and allow you to focus. It didn't have to be a drawn out procedure or something that was extensive but rather just something that would ease her concerns. Any ritual that Sana could think of to soothe her when things got tough.

As far as Inna coming to visit, she hoped that expressing that visit would be alright and not cause harm. She hadn't done anything, hadn't crossed borders and hadn't come straight to them so there was no harm except for telling Inna's daughter about it now. As a child, it is quite dangerous for you to be out there in the winter. Your mother is strong, I'm sure, and will be alright. Especially if your father is with her. They could handle it together.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

At the very least Oksana wanted to be able to see her mother sometimes. She was afraid though that Inna wouldn't come to visit because she was afraid of repercussions. Then what Ana had said about her mother. The near yearling wanted to be angry with her because she had called for her but she couldn't. With the way things had turned out the girl just couldn't find it in her to be angry with her mother. She knew that if Inna’d had the choice she would have chosen to come to Driftwood. I can accept that she won't ever be allowed to live with us, she admitted, But no matter what she's done she is my mother and I still want to at least be able to have visits with her and not have to worry that it will get her into trouble. She explained that hoping that it would help Ana to understand where she stood on it all.

Oksana knew that in the past she'd let her emotions get the best of her. Like when her father had left or her mother hadn't returned when she said she would. She was getting older now and she knew that behavior wouldn't be tolerated so she had to learn to control all of her emotions. She listened closely as Ana described some ways that could help her. I just have to try things until I find what works best for me, she commented, Do you think it will be hard to find what works? She'd never had to do it before so she didn't know how hard it would be to find something and then practice it.

Oksana was worried about Inna being out there all alone and despite what Ana had said the Raven had spoke of her plans she hoped her mum found some place to call home. She nodded as the pale woman confirmed that it wasn't safe out there for pups. She did think that Inna would he okay. Orange eyes look up at the woman, I don't think my father is with her. He left us a few months ago and hasn't come back. I don't think that he ever will, she admitted quietly. It was a fact that she'd slowly had to come to terms with but one that she'd finally accepted and that was how she lived her life. It didn't do her any good to dwell on the hope that Lorcan would come visit her.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Fade on your next?

That was what Anastasia had gotten from Inna's brief visit; that she was afraid of endangering Oksana's chances of staying within the pride by coming along the borders. The dove wouldn't've thought that she was hurting Sana's life here but she and Lachesis were different folks. He had evolved and had come quite a long way from the boy she once knew. It had been easy for the two of them to trust those closest to them but the two white friends valued loyalty above all else. Clearly defined rules that were broken tended to be a big no-no, as much as it was desired to break them. I understand that. It's the message that I hope to convey to Lachesis and Lilya. That was a large part of the end-goal here and Anastasia hoped that Oksana knew that she was going to do what she could to ease and make appropriate arrangements.

As for trying to figure out what to do to ease her feelings and emotions, it truly was up to her preference. Taking a deep breath, closing her eyes, running, scouting, keeping busy in any way... it was hard to determine what might put Oksana at ease but Ana nodded her head and affirmed that she would have to figure out what would work best. I don't think so. You seem like a smart girl. There are many things to help keep negative emotions at bay.

As for her father, she pursed her lips and clicked her teeth. A show of understanding that her father - Lorcan - didn't exactly push himself into the picture anymore, not even for her mother. It seemed like he had made a rather poor choice not to stick around. Though, she hadn't exactly been the hallmark picture of longevity either... but she was working on it. I'm sorry to hear that, and she was but it truly was her father's loss that he had decided not to stay around to help Inna or his daughter. If you need any help - with anything at all - please come find me. I'm here for you. Anastasia smiled, grateful to have had this conversation with Sana so that she would be able to sit down and mull over the details. I should get going now, though. Bit late now. She laughed upon realizing that they had spent a majority of the night talking about what had happened and where it should progress to, Anastasia turned to go and was ready to knock out some Zzz's. Fade Ana

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Part of Oksana didn't understand why things had happened they way they had. She thought family was supposed to take care of each other and help each other. They had cast her mother out when she needed them maybe the most she ever had. The other part of her understood wanting to move on and start over. So she had to accept things the way they were and just hoped that maybe Ana could make it so she could at least see her mum.

It was good news that the pale woman didn't think it would he that hard for her to find what would help her. She even went on to state that there were many ways that she could use to help her negative feelings. She also smiled when Ana said she was a smart girl, Thank you, I am sure I will find what works for me. She was confident about this and that all she would need is a little time to figure it out

Oksana explained that her father had went away a while before the move. She still had mixed feelings about it that she was still trying to work through. With it having been so long she could t see him ever coming back. Not like her mother who had gone to the trouble of finding where the pack had moved. I’m sorry about it too but he made his choice. No matter what she had done to change his mind she'd been unable to. Thank you miss Ana I really appreciate at the offer and I promise to take you up on it if I ever need to. She felt a lot better after talking with the pale woman. I should probably get to bed too. Reid is probably wondering where I am. Though she doubted the red man had even noticed her absence she did need to get some sleep.

Fade

(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2018, 07:54 PM by Oksana.)
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you