656 Users Online
Google, Bing

the jungle book — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Near the border. For @Lachesis
This gift she bears don't grow on trees.

She lingered at her spot, each step prior to this seemed hesitant to the point where she'd found herself in a place nowhere near her destination but just close enough that the smell was as pungent as if she'd stepped inside. She knew the routine, even if by now it seemed foreign to her, but his words had never left her from those many moons ago; she was always welcome. She knew this much, he had always been cheerful and accepting of her since the first meeting but something inside of her was still afraid of advancement. What drove her closer, steps growing more confident, was Aytigin and her desire for his company, even if it had been more sparse than ever before.

The land here felt strange between her toes, much different than what she had grown accustomed to near Heartwood but it was a welcoming change and a part of her was proud that her friend had found refuge and solace here when Heartwood no longer felt like home. So here she stood, inhaling the scent of this new pack and excited for the possibilities that would come from it; lifting her head she called for him to come alone. Her jaws were from frozen rabbit carcass, a gift she'd caught previous in preparation for this very meeting. She was ready for this and all of the responsibilities that came with it, she was finally ready to forge a family.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2018, 05:21 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He had been expecting the call ever since the girl’s voice joined the chorus as the river wolves claimed the Surge as their own. Once the song had finished and the wolves dispersed she was nowhere to be found—only her voice was left, ringing in his ears. She was the nomadic type; a true gypsy. For as long as he’d known the pale girl she had never called a pack her home and lived a comfortable life as a loner. He never pushed her to join his pack, although he had put a few feelers out on multiple occasions, but he did not want to force her out of her comfort zone. Plus, it was nice having a friend on the outside. One that he could live vicariously through as occasionally his paws would grow itchy, despite their long roots into the land.

Trotting toward the border he was greeted by her familiar shape and a frozen rabbit dangling from her jaws. His tail wagged slowly behind him as he regarded her with a raised chin, his chartreuse gaze sweeping over her pale form. I was wondering when I’d see you, he hummed in amusement as he stopped a few feet before her, a wide smile tugging at his lips. He had hoped that she would return to the Surge instead of drifting off once more, seeking the solace of the wilderness around them. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
it's so amazing to be loved,

Lachesis didn't hesitate in answering her call and upon spotting her she felt her heart lurch despite the quick sways of her thick tail. She couldn't quite determine if she was more happy or nervous to be accepting his offer but everything about it felt good and she didn't want to disappoint the male who had been so kind to her even when he had no reason to be. Without a second thought she dropped the rabbit near his feet, its blood and guts were frozen but red still stained much its body and Rory's narrow maw was splashed at the sides with the crimson color. She moved closer to him, nuzzling the underside of his muzzle and eyeing him with glossed over eyes, she was so happy that he hadn't changed his mind.

"I'm sorry for taking so long," she admitted, her tail finally slowing down long enough for her to steady her racing heart. She had no idea why she was so nervous, in Lachesis' care she would be fine, and everything that lead up to this interaction had been positive and flowing but she couldn't shake the jitters that threatened to make her change her mind. "I have to admit, I'm super nervous. I hope everyone else here will like me..." it was a legitimate concern, one that neither Lachesis or Rory had control over.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He mirrored her greeting by pressing his own cheek against hers, his peridot gaze soft as he studied her. While the life of a loner was appealing—the endless freedom that came with it—it was not at all glamorous. It was hard work and dedication; endless hours spent alone. He’d spent his first few months in the Lore as a loner, but back then he had Anastasia at his side. But Rory—she had been on her own for as long as Lachesis could remember. She had done well in taking care of herself; he knew this move would be a difficult transition for her.

No need to apologize, he hummed, his tail sweeping behind him as he noted the rabbit at her feet. Lachesis was just glad to see her at his borders, for he feared she had taken off shortly after the claiming. It was a big commitment to go from months of living as a loner to seeking acceptance within a pack. He wouldn’t have been surprised if she had changed her mind.

A soft laugh was given at her words before Lachesis gave a slow shake of his head. You don’t have to worry, he mused, his voice level as he attempted to smooth over her worries, you already know Aytigin likes you. And so will the others. If anything, they will be fascinated by you. Especially the children. He did not doubt that Lavender and/or Lilliana would be harassing the poor girl as soon as she stepped over the borders. 

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Too lazy for a table. I honestly adore Lach :D

The rabbit had all been forgotten, although her nerves had taken the drivers seat. She couldn't quite comprehend what she was doing but she trusted Lachesis and this pack more than she had any other wolf and she knew that her decision to join them was a good one; she would easily transition. She inhaled deeply to steady her nerves, studying the ghostly male with a smile and dipped her head slowly in response to his words. He was correct, she had established quite the relationship with Aytigin, even Lachesis, and she just needed reminding that joining a pack was not the end all. "You're completely right..." she trailed off, inhaling sharply again when she realized her heart had finally steadied out. "I have nothing to worry about..." she said, mostly to herself than to the gangly male, and when he mentioned puppies she felt her tail sway steady behind her. When was the last time she'd actually properly interacted with puppies?! "Oh my, how many puppies are there here?" she asked,  having never met one specifically from the pack before. He said that they would be fascinated by her and inwardly she questioned what he meant by that, was she truly more weird than she'd thought?

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3 i love their friendship so much ;-;

He laughed, warm and genuine, as the girl attempted to convince herself that she didn’t have anything to worry about. It would be difficult for her, especially after living on her own for years, but Lachesis had faith in her. The pack would help her adjust—especially Aytigin. As long as he didn’t help too much when spring came around…

Five. No—that wasn’t right. Six, actually. Another laugh shook his chest, the corners of his eyes crinkling in amusement. He hadn’t realized how many of them there were now—they were all getting so big! Two are my own; twin girls, Lilliana and Lavender. They’re a handful. They would be the two that would harass the gypsy the most. There is Risaela and Mathéo, brother and sister. Their mother, Kisla, was my co-lead, but she passed away last summer. Oksana is the fifth cub. Her mother is Kisla’s daughter; however, she’s no longer with the pack. He wouldn’t get into why Inna was no longer his subordinate. Not now. The sixth one just joined us recently: Caelean. He's much quieter than the rest, like Mathéo. Lachesis had not been able to spend much time with the newest cub, for his duties had kept him preoccupied. That would need to change.

They will all be a year this spring. Six yearlings running around plus puppies?

Lachesis must be mental… 

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2018, 06:54 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Her ears perked upward at the count, six puppies, had she heard him correctly?! There were plenty of new wolves for her to meet and what was better, their innocence would make for a easier friendship and at this she felt a smile tug at the corners of her mouth. She was ready for this, all of it. "Congratulations, I love your daughter names by the way." she said with a wag of her tag, storing the names for use later in the future. "I can't wait to meet them all." she mentioned, another smile forming on her lips. She was excited to become a member of Driftwood Surge and even more excited to finally be reunited with Aytigin. "how has Aytigin been? I haven't seen much of him lately..." in fact she hadn't seen him in a few months, since the disappearance of Cottongrass--memories of the pale youth made her face contort with sadness. 

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
don't forget to edit the first post with the "join" prefix <3

"They will be excited to meet you," he confessed, a smile still planted across his pale features. "They seem to hold a fondness for strangers," he added with a gentle roll of his eyes and a rolling laugh. It seemed his lessons in stranger danger hadn’t really clicked with his children. But they were smart—for the most part. They knew when to avoid trouble and when to call for help. Lachesis liked to think he and Lilya didn’t raise them to be idiots. His ears twitched at the mention of Aytigin—the other river wolf Rory was acquainted with. "He’s been keeping himself out of trouble, for the most part." The mammoth wolf was a loose cannon. "He’d been against the move in the beginning, when I suggested it months ago, but he was the one that brought it up this time." It was remarkable how much the ebony male had changed during his time in Hearthwood. Now XIX considered the wolf one of his closest friends; he couldn’t imagine him leading the pack without Aytigin as his second. Their relationship was similar to the one he had had with Maksim, and he was grateful for that. "He’s been busy since the move—marking borders, leading patrols. Being a good boy." Another laugh shook his chest as he flashed the ivory female a sharp wink.
(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2018, 04:49 PM by Lachesis.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Thanks for the reminder! 

This gift she bears don't grow on trees

"I am happy to hear that, you make them sound so wonderful." she said, mimicking his laugh at the fact that they actually enjoyed meeting strangers--she could understand why. She had spent the majority of her life encountering new faces and those few that remained were so few and far between that she was afraid that maybe it was something she had done at one point to drive them away. It worked out that way often, Rory had a hard time keeping her friendships as solid as they could be, but she knew that buckling down in Driftwood could help with that.

At mention of Aytigin she felt a smile creep the length of her lips, a genuine smile that helped to lift her spirits after thoughts of her lost friend had clouded her mind and she was happy to hear that he was doing well, with and without her. She hoped that her being close would make their relationship even that much more stronger. "That doesn't sound much like Aytigin, he must have left his personality back at Heartwood," she joked, a hearty laugh rumbled from her throat before she continued on. "but I can't wait to see him, we have a lot of catching up to do." she said with a wag of her tail. So much that even she couldn't quite remember it all.

"So, what's next, is there anything you would like for me to do? I got this rabbit for you, I know its not much and its probably frozen completely through by now..." she said, uncovering the rabbit with her nose and taking it into her teeth to shake what snow remained before landing it even closer to the male's feet, hoping that he would like it.