(See All?) Announcements
651 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Shadow of the Wind — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Birtie Takes place Immediately following Deconstruction.

After he did his due diligence and made sure that the loner wouldn't be coming back Kajika had set off on Birties trail. The whole time his mind was on what had happened and how Birtie had been, was she okay? Was she angry with him? Had he done something wrong?

He had come to the conclusion there was much to talk about and he wanted to do it before too much time had passed. He followed her scent through the trees of the cove until they led him to a place near the border. He took a moment to look around.

“Birtie, can we talk please,” he finally spoke into the mountain air. His tone was calm and unfaltering and he hoped not anything that would upset her further. He then sat back on his haunches to wait for her to answer him.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
Her ears pressed back against her skull at the sound of his voice. She had wanted to be left alone after her little scuffle with the loner. The large female was tired and the pain in her neck didn't seem to want to fade away anytime soon. Her superior had been there, witnessed it and even got involved himself. What was there to talk about?

In a hoarse tone, she carefully replied back. "What?" It certainly wasn't the greatest reply in the history of conversations but it could have been worse. She could have dumped her thoughts into the air but that would do neither of them good. If he was here to scold her or tell her to get lost for her reckless behavior well then she wished he'd go ahead and spit it out.

Never once did the female turn around, though. She kept her back to the dark coated male in order to hide the less than pleased look that had settled on her face.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was very clear from her posture that she wasn't in a good mood and the way her ears pressed back when she heard him only solidified what he thought. He'd resigned himself to the fact this might be a difficult conversation, he had seen her behavior and what had happened. The alpha sighed before taking another step toward her.

The way her single word was spoken wasn’t much to go on but he didn't mind. “Are you alright?” He asked as he came within inches of her, “I mean that wasn't the easiest situation to be in...do you need anything?” He wanted to make sure that she was okay and that she didn't want anything for the pain, she was the one that had received the attack from the yearling.

Finally he closed the short distance between them and gently licked her neck in hopes that it might somehow comfort her or make her feel better. “I'm sorry of you were hurt worse when I pulled him off you,” he said quietly close to her ear.

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 12:45 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
"...that wasn't the easiest situation to be in."

Her brows dug together sharply. Did he think her to be weak? Had he shown up only moments before he would have seen that she had things under control. She had the loner firmly before her jaws and even when he had been upon her neck she had gone for the tender flesh of his underside. "No." The large female answered firmly to finally respond to his question.

She briefly tensed as she felt the touch against her neck. "It's fine. Really." Birtie answered with a small but sharp nod of her head. It had hurt like hell and maybe she would have managed to buck the yearling off on her own. Granted they'd never know now unless he decided to come around for round two.

"Why did you step in?" Birtie did her best to try and dull down the sharpness of her tone but sometimes she simply couldn't help it.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He didn't much care that she wasn't in the best of moods, he'd dealt with women in bad moods more often than he'd like to admit. He spoke.gently and tried to be understanding about the situation. While he felt that she hadn't been wrong he wasn't happy that she could have gotten hurt worse. She only spoke one word which confirmed that she wasn't alright. “Okay bit if you change your mind just ask?”

He saw her tense up as he began to lick her neck and his apology was brushed off. Kajika let it go, this was about her and he wanted her to know that he was there for her. Whether she wanted to talk or not. “Only if you're sure. Of it's not okay I hope you would tell me.” He didn't want her to keep something like that from him.

Then she came out with it, the thing that seemed to be bothering her most. He didn't hesitate in her answer. “Because I care about you and didn't want to see you hurt worse than you already are.”

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 01:44 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
All she gave was a sharp nod of her head. Sure. She likely wouldn't but it was nothing more than a white lie. Wasn't like he would be able to tell if she was lying or not or if she even ended up truly needing something.

"I would." It wasn't likely but if it sounded good and soothed the tension then she would say it. The large female had never been good at conveying her feelings verbally. Especially to others. Perhaps it came from so much time alone throughout her still young life. No one back at Gull Coast had ever forced her into conversations or trailed after her like Kajika had. What was she to do in a situation like this?

"It was..it was.." Her voice trailed off as her brows dug closely together, her tongue struggling to say the words. "It was foolish and you shouldn't have done it." Birtie had tried to sound as tough as possible but she seemed to fail miserably at it. Her voice was soft and her tiredness shone through. She would have put up a better argument had she had the energy for it.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She agreed to ask him or tell him if she changed her mind later about needing something. He would do anything for her just as he would anyone else in the cove. He still worried about her though and how much pain she was from her injuries.

She also said that she would tell him if it hadn't been okay. He wanted her to be able to come to him with anything. He tried to keep an open mind with his subordinates and wanted them to come to him if they felt he was doing something wrong. “You know you can come to me with anything,” he added just to be clear.

He was a bit surprised when she spoke of his actions being foolish and told him he shouldn't have done it. He shook his head, “It's not foolish of your helping someone you care about,” he stated. Kajika had no doubt she would have been alright but he didn't want her hurt. “Is it foolish of me to care about you and want to make sure your safe?” He asked his tone low. He wouldn't apologize for stepping in and helping her and he most certainly wouldn't apologize for caring about her.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
"It is." She reaffirmed his question about foolishness. "I'm here because of a deal. The deal didn't entail you caring about me or stepping into my own fights." Birtie explained with soft but quick tones, her grungy gaze staying away from the dark male's face. The female hadn't signed up for this. She figured she'd be doing her own thing while having a place to come lay her head at night. She had never asked for someone to care about her. It was a smothering feeling, one that made her gut churn.

She didn't understand why he was doing this. "You have other things and wolves to care about. Don't add me to the list." Her voice had lost any of its edges and seemed to sound more like a soft plea now. Birtie did not want to be worried about or cared for. She had no idea how long she would even be here for. A few more days? Weeks? Months? Either way, it would make leaving that much harder when the time came.

That was if the time ever actually came.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Women were difficult.

That was the conclusion the alpha had come to in the past months with Lunette's return, Moonshadow angry with him and Bastet worried he was going to being the pack down with his kindness. The man could only shake his head at Birtie's words. “It's not,” he stated, “The deal may not have entailed me caring about you but what did you expect to happen? You're part of my life and my pack and I'm not just going to ignore you because of a deal.”

He sighed again not understanding why she was being so adamant about this. “I do have other things and other wolves to care about hit that doesn't mean I can't add you to the list. I want you on the list.” He spoke softly but honestly. He didn't mind adding another wolf to those that he cared about. “Why don't you want me to care about you?” He felt that relationships were important, it was why he'd been in the cove for so long. He cared too much for the wolves there to leave them.

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 03:30 AM by Kajika.)