321 Users Online
Bing, Google

if i lose my self tonight — Panorama Peak 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
@Catalina || Dusk; Broken Clouds; 14 ° F, -10 ° C
RE - A cold snap seizes Relic Lore in its icy grip!
If I Lose Myself Tonight - One Republic
adelayde artemieva
it'll be by your side

The need for fresh seemed to be a constant for the large tawny Mackenzie, so that afternoon instead of returning to the den with Laike, she gave him a kiss and said she was just going to the peak just south of them to watch the sunset. She made it apparent that she wanted to be alone, but would return home promptly so he couldn't worry too much. Her pale agouti was the ever vigilant husband, tending to her and he was never far. Which didn't bother her, but she just needed to breathe and think.

Climbing the peak was much different than the Rye's own Lookout which was half the size of this one, however, it didn't her very long to ascend the steep slope as the sun finally settled behind the horizon. The soft warm colors radiated from behind the clouds that lingered above the tundra, though this truly wasn't Adelayde's favorite part of the day. When the stars twinkled above her after the sun had long disappeared and the moon made her appearance, that was her favorite time of day. Ade could sit and gaze upon the stars for hours, just like she had with her mother years ago.

Sighing softly, she settled upon her haunches and waited until the darkness started to set upon her as the cold settled just the same. 

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 01:29 AM by Adelayde.)
Played by Kydnt who has 4 posts.
Inactive
Catalina Rose
Catalina needed to be where the action was, and it was obvious there was little action to be had in the region to the west. Dainty paws brought her east, towards the mountain she'd heard so many stories about. The forests at its base indeed seemed more occupied, as evidenced by the plentiful scents that criss-crossed her path. She reasoned a pack had to be living nearby, though her wanderings hadn't brought her quite past it yet.

But holy toledo was it frickin' cold out! Catalina thought for sure that spring was on its way, but her teeth chattered violently in her mouth as she rounded the top of the crest she had come to. Cat would have turned tail and found somewhere to hunker down for the night and wait out the cold had she not spotted the figure seated at the peak. Her tail involuntarily wiggled behind her, and the cold quickly forgotten, Catalina bounded up towards the absolute unit of a female. Cat felt dwarfed standing by her, but none-the-less grinned at her with her tail quickly waggling. It had been much too long since she'd seen another wolf and was starved for company. "Evenin'!" She chirped in greeting.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva
I wanna be your stardancer

Taking the trip outside of the Rye, the tawny Mackenzie thought she was going to have a nice evening alone where she could gaze upon the stars in peace. However, the wind shifted and brought her the approaching scent of another. Mismatched seafoam eyes looked toward the direction the stranger came from, a smile tugging upon her ebony lips. Though she wanted to be alone at first, Ade didn't mind the company of others especially on such a cold night. Should of thought about bringing Laike along as a heater with the cold wiping around the tundra as it was.

Her tawny tail thumped against the ground as the petite stranger bounded up the peak towards her as her own tail quickly waved behind her. The girl chirped a greeting as her small foam closed the distance between them. Evening! It's a cold one out tonight, huh? Responding with a smirk as her mismatched eyes glanced up towards the darkening sky, the stars beginning to dance above them. The stars are almost all out. You know any constellations? Ade asked, genuine curiosity as she never really met another that knew as many as she did. Though she had her mother to thank for that.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive
Catalina Rose
Catalina hummed in agreement with the female's assessment of the frigid weather. She couldn't wait for the warm heat of the summer sun, the absolute bliss that laying in a sunbeam in the late afternoon could bring. But at least the view of the stars was breathtaking on icy nights like this, and the larger female's question brought Cat's attention back to the heavens. Catalina turned so that she was facing out the same direction as her newfound companion, orange eyes glittering out at the shades of purple that still tinted the horizon, before sweeping up to the darkening sky.

"Humm, just enough to get around," She responded, nose pointing towards the easiest cluster of stars to find. "The momma bear, and then..." her nose trailed down, "her cub." From there the north star could be found, which was enough to get one out of a bind when lost in the wilderness, and about the limits of what Cat knew. "How 'bout you, though?" She asked, glancing over, orange eyes meeting seafoam.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

While her companion dreamed of the summer heat and was anxious for the warmth's return, Adelayde was nervous. Soon the litter that was conceived would be born and the new mother wasn't exactly sure of what was to come. Sure, she was excited and happy, but so nervous simultaneously. Her world as changing and she wasn't sure if she could truly keep up with all of it. More reason for long strolls away from the pressures of home.

A smile tugged at her features as the petite woman pointed out the mother bear and the cub. The seasoned stargazer easily found the constellations the stranger pointed out. Humming in response, her mismatched eyes glanced over briefly as she turned the tables to her. Just below momma bear, there's the lynx, though it's sometimes hard to see, using her snout as well she directed it just south where the momma bear ended. And just north of momma bear are the hunting wolves, though many would argue they are just dogs. I say they are our oldest ancestors, sent to look over us. She replied with a soft smile, the memory of her mother plaguing her mind for a moment.

I'm Adelayde, by the way. You from around here?

Inactive
Catalina Rose
Cat hummed thoughtfully as the older female pointed out a few other constellations set out in the sky. With squinted eyes she could just barely see the stars that outlined the lynx. Cat couldn't help the involuntary wrinkle of her nose at the word dogs. Nasty, uncivilized things she would much rather never run into again. "I think I prefer your idea," She muttered offhand. The Rose wolf's attention shifted back towards Adelayde as she introduced herself. Catalina lowered her haunches to the ground, a smile on her lips.

"Nice to meet ya. I'm Catalina, or just Cat," She answered, smile breaking into a grin as her tail wriggled against the ground.

"Nope, not from here, or anywhere else, really. Move around too much for that." She said with a smirk. As soon as she and her siblings could walk a decent distance, they had left behind the natal den and never turned back. She was vaguely aware it wasn't a normal thing for other wolves. Her brows lifted, "How about yourself?"
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
So sorry for late post! @Catalina
adelayde artemieva

Another smile crossed her ebony lips as the stranger mentioned she preferred her idea about the hunting wolves in the sky over being just hunting dogs. Though, she had to admit it wasn't her idea in the first place. Her deceased mother told her that story when she was young, so that's the way Ade preferred it as well. Anything to help keep the legacy of her mother alive. Her dark banner thumped lightly against the ground as the small female introduced herself also. It's nice to meet you too.

She was indeed a loner and a distinguished nomad at that. Adelayde couldn't live the nomadic lifestyle as she heavily enjoyed close family interaction within a place she could call home. However, she couldn't judge. If she had the chance, Ade would love to travel around the Lore, finding all the unique nooks and crannies it had to offer. I live just north of here in Wild Rye Fields. It's quite a beautiful place in the summer, not much too it right now with all the snow.