(See All?) Announcements
566 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

healing old wounds — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

A few days after having spoken with Sana over the course of the events back in Hearthwood, Anastasia was convinced that she could lay the tension to rest. Sure, all of the events were in the past but there was something going on here and she was determined to fix it. In the very least, she wanted to make Sana feel more welcome here since she was staying here. Anastasia wanted to make sure that Inna would be allowed to visit her daughter without repurcussion as long as there was no trouble brewing.

The dove didn't often call for Lachesis, or Lilya for that matter, but she found it might be easier to speak with Lachesis. It would be a hard habit to break since she had always done this with her friend in the past. If ever there was a situation that Ana was set to handle, she had always gone to him and they would talk it out. This was no different and she hoped that by calling for only @Lachesis that his mate would not be hurt that she felt more comfortable confiding in him. So she wandered away from the common den where she hoped there to be no prying ears, and called for him. Anastasia was patient and would wait however long she needed to and it left her with plenty of time to roll the film on her conversation with the dark girl.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
is okay if we set this before this thread? <3

It didn’t take him long to respond to the dove’s call. Lucky for her, the lanky ghost had just entered the surrounding forest when her voice rang out, beckoning him forward. The patrol could wait—he was curious as to why he was being called. Had something happened—already? The past few weeks had gone without incident, only making Lachesis feel more confident in his decision to move the pack. They were flourishing in the Surge, just as he hoped they would. Forging a new path for themselves; a path that was not over-shadowed by the death of their friends. His son. A path that belonged to them; a legacy. After everything they endured to get to this point the river wolves deserved this. Happiness.

His tail swayed in greeting as he approached the blue-eyed dove, his features soft; questioning. There was something on her mind—it didn’t take words to convey that. The corners of his mouth tightened as he reclined onto the ground, his tail tucked over his paws as he waited for her to explain why she had called him. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Sure, ofc!

As was entirely expected of him, he wastes no time in arriving to the scene and makes quick work of easing any negative thoughts floating through her mind. She was here for a reason and she was going to follow through with what she had promised to do. Anastasia was going to make a name for herself and she wanted to fulfill that by appealing to Lachesis with her skill as an advisor. This was part one of a long journey. Lach, she smiles, pleased to see him and eager to shuffle those dark emotions within, I hope I didn't pull you away from something important. She was honest, for she didn't want to interrupt something that might be more important than this. All opinions aside, this was important to some and she wanted to make sure that she could convey the thoughts of a young girl as best she could. She recognized that Oksana didn't want to come face to face with Lachesis but perhaps she could be the middle-man and ease this. After moving to the Surge, she could feel the happiness that folks seemed to have but she wanted everyone to feel good.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He couldn’t stop his pale brows from pinching together with worry; the corners of his mouth tightening as he observed his comrade in anticipation. Waiting (rather impatiently) for her to explain why she had beckoned him forward. His immediate thought was that she was going to announce her departure from the pack, which made his heart sink deep into his stomach. Although their relationship was much different than it had been in the past Lachesis still considered her one of his closest friends and he only wanted her to be happy. He knew, however, that re-joining Hearthwood (now Driftwood) had been difficult for her, especially with the amount of change that had occurred during her absence. Not only had the pack changed but he had, too. The Lachesis she knew, and adored, was timid and unsure of himself. Most days he was still unsure of himself, but he held far more confidence now than he did in the past.

Of course not, he hummed in response, his ears twitching as curiosity gnawed hungrily on his insides. What’s on your mind?

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

It wasn't until she had asked her question that she realized how stupid it was. That she had interpreted that her news might not be important and she was just calling him to say hi and go. Obviously that wasn't the case but she hadn't given him any reason to think that it was crucial. Nevertheless, he met her with ease and asked what was on her mind. A lovely smile painted her face, pleased that he was focused and intent on listening to what she had to say. It certainly made her feel more important than she had felt in the weeks prior to their move here. I wanted to extend my hand as an Advisor, she begins, by discussing my conversation with Oksana. In confidence to you, for now. Anastasia wasn't sure if Sana would mind her telling Lach everything but as an aspiring advisor, she needed to be able to patch something up and clear the air. Sana had been concerned and she had some valid points and some not so valid.  The thing was, would Lachesis welcome hearing it? It was one thing to get the girl's opinion but another to trudge up drama for the sake of their future.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His ears twitched when the blue-eyed dove mentioned she had spoken with Oksana. The ghost had neglected to seek out the crow sooner (and not only her, but all of the Driftwood cubs) as he’d kept busy with marking borders and ensuring the pack was prepared for the arrival of spring. He’d forgotten how much work moving a pack was, but Lachesis knew it was going to be beneficial for them. And if any of the subordinates weren’t happy with the change of scenery they were welcome to leave. Lachesis wouldn’t hold it against them, but he wouldn’t let them re-join so easily if they choose to.

A soft frown graced his features as recoiled onto his back legs, his pale brows still pinched tight. He wasn’t sure what to expect. The Baranski child was slowly becoming a carbon copy of her mother and XIX couldn’t help but worry what the raven said to her daughter prior to the move. Especially since he wasn’t so sure that the girl wanted to follow them south, toward the lake. He still feared that Inna had pressured her daughter into leaving with them—but for what reasons? What was Inna planning to do on her own? He often wondered if she still remained in the Kingsfall, or if she broadened her surroundings. Truthfully, he didn’t care. She was no longer a part of his pack; his care for her ended at the borders of Hearthwood.

Go on, he encouraged, his tone level as he waited for Anastasia to dive into the topics of the conversation she had with the young Baranski. He did not know how much of what Oksana had told her would be apocryphal but he was willing to listen.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Advisor Demonstration 1/3

There was something about trying to help out someone who was afraid to that made the dove more susceptile to pushing forward and doing it for them. Anastasia had always been a woman who hated the idea of confrontation but having grown up, she had come to the terms that they had to be done sometimes. If common ground couldn't be found, then that was just how it was meant to be. Ana felt hopeful on this, though, even if Lachesis' flat level didn't feel all that encouraging. Then again, she was a little nervous and anxious to divulge what she knew anyways.

So with some thought behind it she nods her head, hoping to give the impression that she was a million percent confident in her work. Initially, she gave me much the same information as what her mother and you told me. Anastasia explained, the whole story being almost perfect to what had happened though there would always be a hitch on opinion. Everyone had acted in a certain way that another didn't agree with. Wrongs were done and Anastasia wanted to make a right. She assumed that the rest of the pack didn't accept her because of what her mother had done, she pauses, I expressed that it wasn't fair to the pack to assume they didn't accept her without evidence. She's worried that she isn't allowed to express her emotions because her mother was punished for expressing hers.

Anastasia recognized that there was a small hitch here because sadness she felt could be portrayed without worry but it was one thing to be sad and another thing to get aggressive and lash out. I told her to focus on the pack. Patrol, hunt, store food. I think, in a way, she is worried about you the most. I think it would be beneficial if you sat down with her and expressed that you know that she isn't her mother, that she is capable of being her own woman. Anastasia had more to say, really, but it didn't seem fair to bombard him all at once.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He was curious as to what Oksana had to say about her mother’s absence in Driftwood. The ghost knew that the raven hadn’t given her daughter a choice in staying in Hearthwood, with her, or moving with the rest of the pack. But that didn’t mean that the younger Baranski wanted to follow the pack in their move south.

His patience was starting to wear thin as the dove began speaking; his expression remained tight as his ears cupped forward, for they were keen on catching every word that dropped from her tongue. The corners of his mouth fell as Anastasia confessed that Oksana felt as though the rest of the pack didn’t accept her. How could she feel that way? Hearthwood—now Driftwood—had done everything possible to ensure that Oksana was taken care of, even though her mother had broken pack law. Lachesis had always made sure that the ebony girl was included. Which was why he had allowed her to follow them in the move. It wasn’t just because Inna had asked. He wanted to steer the girl away from the same path her mother had gone down. To forge her own path. His tongue clucked against the roof of his mouth as Anastasia went on to say that Oksana believed her mother had been punished for expressing his feelings. The top of his nose wrinkled in frustration. Inna was not punished because she expressed her feelings, he seethed, speaking through his teeth as his tail lashed out behind him. She was punished for breaking pack law. For speaking out of rank. Frustration bubbled within his chest as his toes curled into the frozen ground. You know me, Ana. I’m the last wolf to punish someone for expressing their emotions.

He nodded in response to her, his expression still tight. Lachesis knew he should have sought her out sooner. He did not want her to think that he didn’t care about her, or her future. It’s been on my mind, he hummed, a hint of sadness in his voice. I’ve been meaning to talk to her. I don’t want her to think that I dislike her mother. He sighed. I don’t. I just don’t trust her anymore. And he couldn’t have someone he didn’t trust in the pack. Especially not when they spoke poorly about him.

What do you think of the situation? He asked, his pale maw falling to the side. She was an outsider looking in—he was interested in her opinion on the subject.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Advisor Demonstration 2/3

There was no denying that Anastasia did know Lachesis. Even if a lot of time had changed them, she would continue to believe that she knew him just as well as she had years ago. That nothing had changed besides that he had grown a lot stronger and had built quite a bit of confidence for himself and those around him. So when she saw his nose wrinkle in frustration, she lowered her head if only a little but not in fear but rather to show him that she was calm. It might instill in him that it was alright; they were having a small conversation and pointing fingers was not what she wished to do. For now, she was the middle-man that sought to bring peace to the warring families. I'm not accusing you of punishing her for expressing her emotions, Lach. She is quiet and collected, her blue eyes seeking his as a friend while her head remained a little lower than his own.

It did, however, make her relieved that he asked her what she thought of the situation. Anastasia smiled, feeling that subtle buzz of confidence radiating through her paws up into her body. So with a deep breath, a subtle blink, she replied. I think that we should make it so that Inna is allowed to visit the Surge - for Oksana. Anastasia wasn't sure if she had been prohibited from visiting but from the hints that she had gotten, that was what Inna and Oksana had delivered so it was only fair to assume. I don't want this to lead to severing a relationship between mother and daughter. Do you think that we can provide hospitality for her?

Ana knew that it was a lot to ask but she felt that it was not without reason. Maksim was a very important figure in Anastasia's past (though not as important as the olive-eyed boy before her) and she wanted to do what she could for his daughter and granddaughter. Inna had been at fault and had taken her punishment, but Anastasia felt that enough time had passed that they could deal with this civilly. They could reach an agreement that would be met graciously from all sides.