305 Users Online
Bing, Hazelnut, Google, Apolline, Adelard, Chan, Apollo

well here we are — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
leader dem 3/3

Askan liked Idris' response, he respected his words and his desire to stand on his own two paws. The Edge Lord dipped his head in approval. Whilst he wouldn't have blamed the boy for looking for his Father, the fact that he had no interest in doing so was to the pack's benefit. One less subordinate roaming around looking for lost family. He idly wondered what Idris' Father would think of Shallow's Edge, would he want his son to remain? Or wouldn't he give two shits? Askan quickly decided he didn't care what the mystery man thought, if he ever appeared at the Edge's borders he'd be shooed off. No deadbeats allowed here.

"Good, we can work on it later. No real rush, spring's a way away, you've got time to think about it some more if you need to."He rolled his shoulders then continued as a thought occured to him. He was doing an awful lot of talking, he didn't quite know how he felt about that.

"In the meanwhile, scout out the Falls when you're not tending to your other duties. If you head south to Spectral Woods make sure you respect Oak Tree Bends borders. I don't want anyone starting shit with the neighbours."

(This post was last modified: May 16, 2018, 06:03 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Nova who has 28 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

There was distinct clarity in voicing what sounded like something worth doing. While he wasn't quite sure where his feet were when it came to the packs social hierarchy (he didn't seem to fit in as easily as he had thought), he did know that he wasn't going to give up just because it was difficult. Askan had been nice and helpful so far, Idris owed it to the man to extend what he could to the pack. Got it, he replied with a nod of his head, scout the falls and if traveling south, be mindful of neighbors borders. Idris wasn't one to cause unnecessary trouble but such a thing could be brewed by just about anything if you weren't careful. The boy would be sure to be as respectful as he could if he happened to cross one of the members of the Tree pack. I'll scout the Falls tomorrow, because he didn't exactly have anything else planned for the week so he might as well get a move on and see what was in the Falls. Is there anything in particular I'm looking for there?

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan paused for a moment, his lips pursed slightly as he considered Idris' question. Even now the Falls were still a bit of a mystery to him, to them all. That was the nature of this place, he supposed, a fact he'd come to terms with but that didn't mean it'd be a waste of time to scout out the surrounding land.

"Prey should be your top priority. I want to know if there are any herds nearby. Keep an eye out for signs of predators as well, we need to know if we have any competition in these woods, whether it's just the usual coyote or something a little more pressing."A cougar or two, for instance. He grimaced at the thought, remembering that damn cat who had the nerve to attack Gale all those months ago.

"In all, just keep an eye out. If you don't find anything of interest it's no big deal, but find me if you do."He shrugged and pushed himself to his feet. Were they done here? "You need anything else?"

Played by Nova who has 28 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

Prey, check, competition, check, predators, check. This plan was quite daunting, honestly, but Idris knew that it was expected of him and he would do exactly as he was told. The boy was no chicken even if he felt unsure of the task at hand because if Askan believed that he could do this then there was surely promise that he would be able to come back with all the information that was required of him. Alright, I got it. He answers, prepared to make the necessary arrangements to be gone for a few days or however long it took to get there and back. They would just have to wait and see what would come of the trip and hopefully nothing too pressing would arise and it would end up being a rather simple trip that needed no worry. I suppose all that's left is to get some rest and leave in the morning. So no, he didn't have anything else leave to ask or say and was prepared to simply sleep on it and move out in the morning. Thanks Askan, he said before lowering his head respectfully and he waited just a few moments as though waiting to be dismissed before eventually taking his leave. exit

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Idris wasn't a man of many questions, and honestly Askan preferred it that way. Short and to the point, the way all conversations should be. It wasn't as if their topic of conversation was all that complicated anyway, like a series of intricacies that took time to unravel. It was quick and painless, Idris had asked for his opinion and Askan had given it. End of.

"No problem." He rumbled as he dipped his head, granting his subordinate permission to be on his way.

Askan had places to be as well, as soon as Idris was clear he shook his coat out and bowed down into a stretch. It was time to check the borders again, his word was never done.

Fade