(See All?) Announcements
369 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nadine, Apollo

in the veiling of the sun — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 9 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Anwen Amdir
February 23rd; Mid-day; Light snow, cloudy and cold; 18° F, -8° C.

'So, what happened?'
'My Father had an accident. He isn't feeling well.'
'Is he okay?'
'He's fine, for now.'
'And your siblings?'
'I don't know. Gale's been out looking for Sphinx.'
'Sphinx?'
'My sister.'
'What happened to her?'
'I can't say...'
It was here that Anwen found that she felt needed and, yet, as she moved to comfort Chimera, he moved away. He was frustrated and she knew that she had crossed a line she was not supposed to cross. In the days since they had met, she had been trying to know him better, learn more about his pack and family. However, there was a buffer there - a sort of veil or dense forest - that kept her out. It was as if he was attempting to guard something - his pride, feelings of vulnerability, and whatnot - and she was not welcome to that information just yet.

To Anwen, they were pack mates, and where she was from, there were no secrets.

She watched him leave, everything about his body language sullen and upset. It was clear to her that he was on the tail end of everything; and, his ways of coping with it all was unhealthy. They couldn't always go on some make-believe adventure and forget that somewhere out there his siblings were far from home or that within the Fields, his father was attempting to regain his health. So, on a day like today, when things that were not meant to be breached were broken, Anwen figured it was time for a break. There was still only so much that the Everstar could do for The Red Hound...

The wind blew the grey clouds across the sky but it refused to break. She stared at the colorless sky, unable to do anything but heave a sigh. Tomorrow would come soon enough and Chimera would be back again, but for now, the silence would do.