i'm standing on your porch screaming out — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Forward dated to 2/24 at dawn, about 12 hours after Drestig's arrival at SE
At the borders of SE @Askan 
Scout dem 1/3

Back home the fields left the horizon clearly apart in the distance, letting the tawny Artemieva gaze out into the tundra for miles if the weather permitted it. The fields gave her freedom from being enclosed and surrounded. When she traveled to visit @Laike when he was apart of Hearthwood River, the towering sequoias had made her feel claustrophobic and restricted, though she could tell herself that she would be back home in the fields within a few days. However, she was a longer way from home and with winter unrelenting, the snow made travel longer which meant she would have to stay within these forsaken forests even longer.

Ade hated the gloomy darkness the most. The thick canopies blocked whatever sun wanted to shine through that day and Adelayde loved the sunshine. Grumbling, the Rye beta trekked onward, following the fresher trail as it would seem the younger, healthier female was catching up to her alpha. His trail weaved in and out of the dense tree cover and it seemed he was dragging his injured leg, but the snow had begun to fill in the indentation it made in his tracks. The tawny Artemieva was getting closer she could feel it as his scent was the strongest it has been this whole journey. She missed home. She missed @Laike. She missed the sunshine on the tundra horizon. She even missed her den. But she was going to find @Drestig and figure out why he was risking his life out here.

The rising sun threatened to shine through the thick canopy as she followed the dark man's tracks, before another familiar scent grew stronger and stronger within the dense forest. She should of known this was where Drestig was headed after Gale had told them all he had found them. A smile formed upon her ebony lips as she anticipated the reunion between her and her old friend. Oh, how she had missed him and his burly, stoic self.

Despite being quite early in the morning, the sun just making its appearance over the horizon, she threw her muzzle up into the sky and called for her dear friend.

(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2018, 03:53 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

The encounter with Drestig still left a sour taste in Askan's mouth. Of all the ways it could have gone...Askan had not seen it coming. The Old Man had changed, time hadn't been kind to him in the least and it was clear to see that he was feeling out of sorts ,not himself. In all honesty, Askan couldn't say that he liked the 'new' Drestig. All the traits he had once admired were gone, as if he'd never been the laid back old timer that reigned with a smile. Patient and easy going, that's how the Selwyn remembered him. The man at his border had been a shadow of that former self, a husk, a broken man if he'd ever seen one.

Askan would be a liar if he claimed he wasn't worried about the Old Man, he'd tried to get him to stay, to rest up a while but...Well, he wasn't here, was he? That showed how successful his efforts had been. The Edge Lord had half a mind to stomp all the way over to the Field to ensure the Old Man had gotten back safe, but it dawned on him he couldn't fight their battles anymore.

When the call came for him, Askan paused kicking a the snow and instead tilted his head. Yet another familiar call, except this one was soulful and sweet. He didn't even need to guess who was asking for him now, Askan wouldn't forget Adelayde's tune anytime soon, God knows she used it plenty when he was in the Fields, it was more or less ingrained in his mind like a song he couldn't forget. With one final swipe. he finished marking and set out to meet her. As he galloped along he tilted his head skywards and let out a sharp note before barrelling on like a charging bison.

Once the tawny giant came into view he slowed to a trot, then a walk. His tail rose high and he held his shoulders firm, as he observed her, his gaze sharp and critical. She looked the same as always, smelled it more or less as well. Which was good...he supposed?

"Not a social call, I gather?" He said, finally, his tone brash but not unkind. "He isn't here, if that's what you want. I tried to talk him into resting up for a bit, but he was having none of it. Near bit my nose off for suggesting it."

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Scout dem 2/3

As the Rye second stood upon the borders the former guardian of the Rye fields ruled over, she couldn't help but reminisce upon old memories of the brute and herself. She would always think of him as a dear friend even if they were now days apart from one another. Ade had cherished his friendship as he had taught her so much about herself and the world she lived in. But now their lives were much different now.

Askan was leading a pack now while Adelayde stayed within the Rye, though she found companionship within her mate now. The sunflower hoped he had Drestig tucked away safe within his borders, letting him rest within a den. However, she was met with a sharp, critical gaze as the dark burly form of Askan approached her from the shadows of the trees he ruled over. Respecting his higher position, she let her tail lay limp against her hocks as her shoulders slumped though her mismatched gaze met his. She would never be afraid to meet his gaze.

Grunting sourly at his comment, she shook her head in response. He was no fool. He knew why she was here. Though, as much as she wished, Drestig had moved on despite Askan's attempts of having him stay and rest. "Damn it," she responded with scowl as she shook her head in irritation. "He left without a word and with an injured leg to boot. I left as soon as I realized he was gone. Thought I could catch up to him. Did he say where he was going?" Mismatched eyes looking back up to meet his dandelion gaze.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Though he didn't outright demand reverence the fact that Adelayde showed it of her own free will was appreciated. In response, he allowed his posture to loosen up a little, the tension eased from his shoulders and his tail flitted down to a more neutral position. The look in his eye remained, but it was hardly his fault his gaze was so piercing, even at the best of times.  Despite all that happened, Askan harboured no ill feelings towards those who chose to remain behind in the Field. Ade had always been...a little annoying, with her sunny outlook and disposition, but he supposed it was a strength of hers. One the Edge Lord clearly didn't have.

He wished he had better news for her, wished that the Old Man had listened to reason, but no dice. The Selwyn couldn't help but feel a little spiteful towards him, stubborn fool, but that feeling was soon replaced by concern once more. A frown tugged at Askan's lips as an expression that wouldn't look out of place on his own face settled onto Adelayde's. She was worried, no shit, anyone who cared for Drestig would be at this point.

Askan shook his head. The tension he'd just shooed away was already returning, settling into his muscles and prickling at his nerves. He wished he'd followed the Old Man, or at the very least sent someone after him. He'd-wrongly- assumed he would head on back to the Field, his curiosity sated. But apparently not. Either he'd gotten lost, or hurt (again), both options were equally as worrying.

"Nope. Just upped and left, like he had somewhere better to be." The Selwyn scowled at that, his ears tilting to the side a little as he stared out at the woods beyond Adelayde's shoulders. Where could he have gone? To Hearthwood perhaps?

"Does the Field know Lachesis moved his pack? Do you think he might have wandered off that way?" Not that Drestig was that close with the former leaders of the River pack but....It was a possibility,right?

Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Scout dem 3/3
adelayde artemieva

What got into the dark man that led the Rye fields? What made him just up and leave without any word? Ade just didn't understand it, couldn't understand it. Whenever she knew she would be gone for more than a couple days, someone was always alerted. Her trips to Laike when he lived in Kingsfall were always known of when she left. Too many times has the loyal second been on the receiving end of abandonment from pack members, so she knew the betrayal that was felt when realization set in. How could Drestig that felt it deeper than she, leave and not say anything?

A frown tugged at her features as he affirmed that he left the Edge too. This whole situation felt so wrong. Tawny ears folded against her crown as her ocean eyes looked down at the snow covered ground at Askan's feet. He had to be around here somewhere, Drestig couldn't be far if she just missed him.

I only just found out when I ran across them following his trail, so Drestig couldn't of missed it. Lachesis said he didn't stop by, which is even more unlike him. The Rye leaders were very diplomatic and learning that an ally had moved pack locations, would have made him stop, like it made her. However, the pale leader informed her he indeed didn't stop to say hi, which confused the Rye second even further.

I fear he's hurt his injured leg even more. Once she was closing in upon his trail, she could tell in the snow that he was dragging that leg that was injured by the bull. The thought of the hurt he had to be in made the tawny woman wince. Her ocean eyes looked up to his dandelion eyes with a sadness that normally was rarely seen within the sunflower. I don't feel good about this, Askan. I don't...

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Ooof, sorry this got lost in my threadlog
im just gonna ignore the yotes as this took place before the BWP

So from the sounds of it Drestig had made a bee line right to Shallows Edge. Askan pursed his lips in thought, his eyes narrowing into a squint as his tail ceased it's frustrated flicking. Adelayde was right-not that he'd admit such a thing- this was really fucking weird. Had the elk knocked a few screws out of place? Because he clearly wasn't thinking right- he used to be level headed, enough to take a step back and think about his actions. But from what Askan could surmise it sounded as though the Old Man had just upped and left in the spur of the moment tangent. The fool.

Again, she was right. There was no doubt in Askan's mind that Drestig had ended up aggravating his injury. He was probably laying in some ditch somewhere, hurt and alone, regretting every action he had taken in the past few weeks. Served him right. As worrying as this was perhaps this would serve as a lesson to the Old Man, he wasn't a spring chick anymore. He had to start acting his age or Askan would stomp over to the Fields and beat some sense into him....Not that he imagined the Old Man could take many hits these days, he'd been a right mess.

"Why did you let him wander off in the first place?" His tone wasn't as gentle as it should have been, he was running low on compassion these days. Rougher around the edges, serrated, a man of his own making but not wholly unkind. He cared still, even if he did his best to hide it, to replace the worry in his eyes with a heated scowl.

Askan liked to think it wouldn't have gotten to this if he'd remained a Rye wolf...but that wasn't how things had worked out. No use in crying over spilled milk. He huffed, would have pinched the bridge of his nose if he had fingers. Whatever.

"There is a possibility that he might have headed south to Oak Tree Bend. He has connections with them and as far as I'm aware they still consider Wild Rye Field as allies."

Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
S for swearing (Ade's first time swearing - kana should be proud XD) 
adelayde artemieva

Adelayde had thought she was different, that she couldn't be affected by Askan's jabs and curt remarks. Having met him when she first entered the Lore, growing close to him the Rye which in turn made it easier to ignore his lack of compassion. She thought she was impenetrable to his insensitive words after all that time with him. However, it seemed she lost her touch. Perhaps it was after that fact he didn't personally say goodbye to her when him and Reyes left the Rye and this was the first time she has seen him since. It seemed no matter what, he wanted to kick her while she was down.

As worry and sadness filled her eyes for the safety of her adult leader, he spit blame on her for not watching him carefully enough. Anger quickly flooded her vision. She had let go of all the angry words she wanted to tell Askan that day he left, but after a while, Ade felt guilty for feeling angry when he moved on from them. She should have been happier for him when he decided to create his own way. Ade couldn't help but always feel she wasn't good enough for him though, like she never was no matter how hard she tried to be his friend.

Didn't know he was a cub that needed 24 hour care, Askan. Just trying my hardest to make sure the Rye still stands for another season, so give me a fucking break. Her heated mismatched eyes were narrowed as she looked at him now, trying to hide the hurt his words caused with anger instead. At least she was doing something about it, instead of waiting for the Old Man to return to the Rye fields on his own.

Askan mentioned Drestig could have continued on south towards their allies, Oak Tree Bend. Nodding in acknowledgement, she was still sour from his words before. She would test his words out while continuing to find his trail if he indeed travelled south of the Edge. Should get going then, need to get him back. Adelayde murmured gruffly. She was just so tired.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Well, that was new.

Askan couldn't help but raise his brows as his ears flicked forward. Usually he didn't take kindly to being sworn at, if it had been anyone else he would have offered a snappish retort in response. His words would have been just as, if not more callous than her own. Despite the worrying circumstances he couldn't help but feel a rush of amusement as Adelayde continued her tirade. In all the time he'd known Adelayde he'd never heard her swear. Not even a soft swear like shit or damn, she'd always been so wholesome, genteel. Either she was on edge these days or Askan had pushed a little too hard, perhaps even both.

It was with that in mind that Askan decided to let the matter go. He'd jabbed her with his brash question and she'd shoved back, the score was one all, there was no use in escalating things. Adelayde was many things but he had little interest in seeing how far he could push her, such games were not to the Selwyn's taste.

So he ignored it, moved on and pretended as though she'd said nothing.

"What will you do when you find him? Does the Field still have a healer?" He paused for a moment, his lips pursing slightly as a thought occurred to him. Was it relevant? Probably. "I found Neko in Kingsfall a few months ago, she said she was out looking for medicine, or something of the sort." He shrugged. "Did she ever return to the field?" Or was she yet another ghost?