537 Users Online
Google, Bing

when you gonna take [m]e out? — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
M for u know what ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spring had always been one of his least favourite seasons. The weather was dynamic and confusing; almost unsure of itself. Snow often overstayed its welcome, lingering in ugly dirt-stained piles. Some days were filled with blue skies and warm sunshine, while others were greeted by grey clouds and persistent rain.

While the weather still displeased him Lachesis had grown to like the transition season.  It was the season of regrowth; renewal. Slowly the grass and the flowers would return, replenishing the land with both food for the herbivores and medicine for those who practiced the art of healing. Then would come the next generation of both predator and prey—another reason the Stark was starting to warm up to spring. During his younger years the thought of being a father had never once crossed his mind. Him—a father? Impossible! He had been nothing but a stuttering, anxious mess; definitely not father material.

But the years had changed the ghost.

So had those he encountered.

His first litter had been out of necessity. To strengthen the pack; to unify them as Maksim began to grow weaker as a result of his injuries. Unfortunately, the birth of the twins had done the opposite. Their mother, a close friend of Lachesis’, had died during childbirth. Then, as they grew older, his children began to drift further away until both of them left the woods of Hearthwood behind. One chasing stories of dragons and the other trailing after him, in a feeble attempt at bringing him back to reality…

The following year had brought @Lilya into his life; an unexpected guest who had made a permanent home in his heart. He had Aytigin to thank for that. It had been the Guardian’s pitiful advances that had brought the couple together. Mostly because Lachesis was a jealous fool who couldn’t articulate his feelings, but that didn’t matter now.

The death of their son still lingered in his mind; haunting his thoughts more than he’d care to admit. He feared that tragedy would follow them to the Surge, ready to strike when they were most vulnerable. But he couldn’t let his fears control him—not anymore. Driftwood was their fresh start.

He had found a nook by the surging river, where the water was still and the trees crowded along the shore. The arrival of spring had already caused a change in the air. For a moment Lachesis could have sworn that it already felt warmer. For a moment he relished in his solitude, his nose pointed toward the sky as his ears fell back against his pale skull. 

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2018, 10:39 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
And you can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet

Spring was starting to appear, she could tell from the subtle changes of the winds and the rise in temperature. It felt good, and she was hopeful for the new season, and this time, she was also more prepared. Rather than suppressing it, as she had done her first year, or being confused by it as she had last year, Lilya was fully aware of the changes to her body, what they meant, and how she reacted to them was different from the past. She started by seeking out her mate, a soft and graceful smile on her face. Anastasia had assured her of the few doubts she had…

It was strange, that Ana of all the wolves in the pack, had assured her of her insecurities with the spring coming. Yes, Laddeus was gone, but moving on did not mean forgetting, and it certainly did not mean giving up because they had lost him. She was still convinced that Mittani had caused him to be born without a heartbeat. She followed his scent, trailing behind at a safer distance to try and keep her scent out of the wind for a bit, not that it would work, anyhow.

She almost felt guilty that she felt more territorial… almost… they had made it clear at the meeting and she couldn’t get the thought of children out of her head, especially now that her heat was settling in. “Lach…” She posed softly as she followed him to the nook, brushing her nose against his cheek as she padded next to him. “Winter’s startin’ ta fade… Ah can feel it in m’bones.”

I'll never be out of reach 'Cause you're a part of me
so you can find me in the space between
[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Things would be different this year—Lachesis would make sure of that. There would be no surprise litters; no cubs unaccounted for. They had managed the previous spring—and hadn’t lost a single cub during all the tragedies that occurred following their both (except for runaway Risaela, who had returned weeks later). But he didn’t want to deal with that again, especially after moving the pack. This was their pack; this year they would make that known. Those who broke pack law, or even tested it, would be removed from the pack. Lachesis wasn’t making the same mistakes a second year in a row. He did not doubt with their current numbers, especially since the children would be joining the adult ranks in the late spring, that the pack wouldn’t be able to care for more than one litter, but he didn’t want to risk it. He’d been too lenient in the past.

He welcomed her touch and leaned into her cheek, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. This year he was mostly prepared. There wouldn’t be any accidents; no surprises. The ghost knew exactly what he was getting into with Lilya (again, thanks to Aytigin). He was fortunate to have her by his side. The sparrow kept him grounded and pulled him away from his anxious thoughts (despite dealing with her own). She was his reasoning; his rationality. He would have been lost without her.

Thoughts of Laddeus weighed heavy on his mind, for he feared that the couple would endure a similar fate this spring. But he couldn't let that stop him—them—from moving forward. Good, he hummed in response, his eyes crinkling in amusement. I feel good about this spring.

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2018, 10:39 PM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

She smiled softly at his words, glancing out at the river right in front of them. The pack was strong, their numbers were strong… she felt confident that this was their year, their pack, and that things would go just smoothly. She only hoped that she wasn’t jinxing it by thinking as she was now. “M’too.” She murmured softly. She hadn’t planned on falling in love, and for so long she’d believed she didn’t deserve something so rich… but Lachesis had changed that, slowly, and then all at once like fire. To this day, she still couldn’t quite place just when she started to develop these feelings.

All she knew was it had been sometime between the time she’d started sleeping in the medicine den due to her flashbacks and when Aytigin had arrived at the borders, attempting to woo her. She let her tail wave softly from side to side, content with the life they’d built around each other. She couldn’t imagine herself anywhere else – years of running, and her paws had led her right to him. Spring had always been a season of renewal, but also of reflection, looking at the previous year, thinking about what had led her to this exact moment.

She’d been a complete basketcase before he wormed his way into her heart… and now, she felt calmer, more at peace than she had ever been. Her memories buried themselves deep, hardly every surfacing, and when they did, she knew she could seek Lachesis out, and he’d find something to say, or give her just a simple touch to make it feel better, to soothe her worried mind. “At least we know what we’re doin’ this time.” She teased softly, hints of amusement in her eyes. “M’thinkin’ Lilliana’ll get a little brother ta teach her ‘raps’ ta.” She mused softly as she looked at him. “Whatcha think?” Sure, she could hypothesize and hope all she wanted, at the end of the day it wasn’t up to her, or even up to her mate… it was up to fate itself.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis did not doubt that the Surge wolves would be able to tend to multiple litters a second year in the row, but he knew it wasn’t ideal. Or smart. They had just moved to these lands and wanted to make sure Driftwood was going to work before having another five youngsters running around, causing havoc with the others. He also wanted his subordinates, both new and old, to understand that those who broke pack law would be punished as necessary. There would be no exceptions—not this year. They would make sure of that.

He was grateful to have found the sparrow, even though she hadn’t initially planned on joining Hearthwood. Even before he reveal of many suppressed feelings his trust toward her had only continued to grow. She had always been able to calm him down; talk him off a ledge. He’d been suspicious of opening up to another, as the three females he’d once confessed feelings for had disappeared shortly after, but he was glad he had. Now he couldn’t imagine leading the river wolves alongside another. This was where he was supposed to be; with her.

Speak for yourself, he laughed as he nipped affectionately at her ear, his chartreuse gaze softening as he met her sapphire pools. I still don’t know what I’m doing. That would never change, but at least their previous litter had stuck around. It meant he was doing something right. Or maybe it was her… no, it was definitely her. Lachesis was just along for the ride. His eyes widened as his mate mentioned Lilliana, or Lil Lil, teaching raps to a younger brother. Two rapping superstars? I don’t think the pack could handle it. Aytigin would probably get a kick out of it. A son would be nice, or two… he trailed off, his eyes rolling playfully as he nosed her cheek, maybe three? Four? He nipped at her fur once more, an amused hum escaping his chest as her comforting scent washed over him. 

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
@Lachesis - hnnggg sorry this is kinda short

She let out a soft chuckle when Lachesis brought up having two rapping superstars amongst them. “Th’pack will ‘andle them both just fine… she wasn’t really trouble this past year.” Apart from her raps, and occasional adventuring outside of pack lands, Lilliana hadn’t really done anything that would warrant believing that she was a handful. Neither did Lavender for that matter… they had gotten incredibly lucky with their daughters this past year, just as she knew they would this year and years to come with all of their children. He nipped at her and she gave a coy grin, moving away from him slightly, a soft bounce in her step.

“You’ll neva find out if ya stay there.” She teased him as her tail wagged a little faster, tilting her head softly to the side as her chin raised a little. She’d gotten incredibly lucky with almost everything since she had come to the Lore almost two years prior. Time seemed to fly, and now she couldn’t really remember what it was like to live anywhere else. She knew this was the place to be, and these wolves were the ones she considered family – all of them, no matter how they all melded together, they were family.

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2018, 09:39 PM by Lilya.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
also short, sorry! <3 not feeling too good tonight

A small laugh escaped him as he nodded in agreement with his wife. The couple had certainly lucked out with the twins. While they both had their quirks, and weren’t opposed to testing their boundaries, they had steered clear of trouble over the past ten months. Granted, it made him worry for the next litter, but at least they would have the twins available to help out (and hopefully mellow out the younger siblings). I suppose you're right, he hummed as he nudged her cheek once more, like usual.

He didn’t suspect that would ever change—in fact, he hoped it wouldn’t. He didn’t mind Lilya telling him he was wrong. Sometimes he needed it. She balanced him out perfectly, even if they were both basket cases and worried far more than they needed to.

He raised a brow at her teasing, his lips curling with amusement. Really? He cooed as he unfolded his legs from beneath him, his tail arching high above his back as he took a step away from her. Now that’s too bad, isn’t it? He retorted, a teasing tone pulling at his words as he took another step back, away from her even though it pained him to do so. She was more intoxicating than usual and he wanted nothing more than to be close to her, but there was no fun in that. 

(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2018, 03:17 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

She smirked at him when he said she was right – something about the season gave her personality a sassy and playful edge that wasn’t normally there… for the most part at least. She was confident that their girls would be able to help them rear in the next litter, and calm them down just as the pack had done with Lilliana, like Lavender, even after she grew out of her fears of leaving the den. He took the bait, just not in the way she expected. He took a step back… goddamn it Lachie. She looked at him quizzically, daring to take another step back.

If it was a battle of wills he wanted, she wasn’t going to be the one to lose… not this year. “Ah suppose so…” How much could she push the waters here? Perhaps, if she were a little crueler, she might snap a joke about going to seek out Aytigin like had almost happened last year… no. She’d already seen Lachesis protective as hell, there was no need to put the poor second through that. “Then Ah guess I’ll jus’ go then.” She teased, though it was obvious she wasn’t truly intending on leaving, just starting to back up enough to maybe put the doubt in his mind.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A cocky, lopsided grin tugged at his features as he saw Lilya’s expression change; clearly confused by his steps away from her. But that was the fun of it all, wasn’t it? Making her think he wasn’t interested, even though she should know damn well that he was—very interested. Toying with her. Not like last time—where Lachesis had been overcome by jealousy in seeing Aytigin and Lilya together (and how she reacted toward the casanova’s advances). Jealousy and a whole lotta hormones that he didn’t understand. He’d never been in that situation before. Capella, Bastet, even Anastasia… they had all been gone when breeding season rolled around, leaving the ghost filled with a bunch of what if’s? floating around his head.

But not anymore—he knew what his future held now. It was only of Lilya and their children; he couldn’t imagine a life without her. She had promised, almost a year ago today, that she wouldn’t leave. That she’d be there as long as he wanted her to be. So far, she’d upheld her promise—and he still wanted her.

As the sparrow teased her departure Lachesis took a bold step forward, his maw tipped to the side. She was bluffing—he knew that. They both knew that. But it still made his blood boil with uncertainty. I don’t think so, he hummed in an amused tone as he stepped toward her once more, his chartreuse gaze never once leaving her tawny frame. Come ‘ere, he added, his tone growing soft as he took another step forward, his tail swaying high above his back.