(See All?) Announcements
442 Users Online

A new Dawn, A new Day — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

With a healer in the pack now Kajika hope that Roland would get the care he needed and Namid would get what she needed to keep her comfortable. He didn't know if the former Alpha's condition could be helped so would let her make that decision. Now that he had a healer, a scout, and a guardian or two there were a couple more positions that he needed to fill. He would set his sights on that once breeding season was over.

The little she wolf seemed to be curious about him and seeing as he didn't have a problem sharing as long as she wasn't getting too personal. “Family and helping others if we can and fairness.” Those were the things that came to mind when she asked her question. “What are you looking for?” He returned.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva’s ears turned toward the male as he spoke. She was keen to hear exactly what he had to say, she wasn’t disappointed either. He returned the question, her mouth opening, she paused, catching herself from just spilling out everything. Slowly, she closed her lips, thinking the question over carefully. There was quite a lot the small wolf wanted, to fit in, to be accepted for who she was, to find a place to call family. It seems that so far Fallen Tree Cove was the was the answer to the first of those three things, the other two were left to be seen.

Sylva glanced between the lake and her dark furred Alpha. “If you asked me that a year ago, i wouldn’t know what to say? Love? Family? A place to belong. If you asked me three months ago, i would have said something like my daughter, but now..” She paused, unaware of that little bit of information slipping out. “Now, I’d have to say a place where I can be myself and still make a difference, A place where talking with the trees wouldn’t make me sound...insane.” As she said the last part, Sylva lowered her head down to the snowy floor, resting over her muzzle. Her hazel brown eyes closed, waiting to see what happened now, tired of hiding that cornerstone quirk in who she was.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He'd answered her question thinking of the things that he valued and what he felt that Moonshadow did as well. So often the two of them were on the same page about things so he didn't worry that he was speaking wrongly about what the two of them stood for. He felt that their friendship also made them stronger leaders and was good for the cove. He also understood that time would always be the judge of things. He had faith in them though, they usually always worked out any disagreements they had. Usually they got a long and could often read the others mind.

The dark man listened as the small woman in front of him spoke. He nodded at her words before thinking them over carefully. It was something of a surprise that she had a daughter but that brought a whole other question to light, “Where is your daughter,” he said not thinking about it before he said it. “I think fallen tree cove can be that for you as far as you talking with trees,” he didn't particularly care if the woman talked to trees. “You can talk to all the trees you want but don't let it interfere with your work as a healer,” it was just a friendly reminder that he'd brought he’d accepted her to do a job and as long as she didn't break any pack laws and did that job he didn't care what she did. Though he did wonder, “What exactly do the trees say to you?” He couldn't help his curiosity.

Sylva Riverflow
Sylva’s ears fell back against her head when he bluntly asked where her daughter was. What was she supposed to say? Not here? Dead? Abandoned and living a much happier life now with no connection to her mother. She didn’t want to look bad, but at the same time, she just wanted to admit it all to someone. “I….North east of here...in a forest with a pack.” She said quietly, closing her eyes as a sickening wave of guilt overcame her briefly. “She’s a lot happier without me in her life.”

The second question was a bit easier to answer, especially with Kajika’s seemingly lack of concern about it. She sighed in quietl relief. “it’s...hard to explain, but ever since I was younger...they’ve always been there for me...when no one else was.”  she said, thinking back to the first night when she had met Raela “It’s...different things, usually comforting things, how I’m doing….” she realized something, she was starting to sound crazy.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was curious why the woman didn't have her daughter with her. He realized that she would be almost a year now and able to strike out on her own but it was still winter. So he waited to hear her answer, his head tilted as the woman stuttered while she spoke. “I see,” he said, “Why would you think she would be happier without you in her life?” This was the part that was the most interesting as it brought many questions to the man's mind.

Then there was the whole talking to trees thing that had piqued his curiosity as well. He didn't understand how one talked to trees and did they talk back? She started to explain about them.being there for her when she was younger son he thought maybe it was just that she'd talked to them when she needed someone and had no one else so had developed that kind of relationship with them. As it turned out the trees did talk back, at least to her. “What does it sound like when they talk to you?” This was a question that popped into his head as she explained what they said to her.

Sylva Riverflow
The medic closed her eyes, her thoughts drifting back to the last time she had seen @Hawthorne , she had spent months hunting her daughter, and then as the rivers would have it, a chance encounter had briefly reunited them, though it hadn't gone how Sylva had expected at all. “because, that’s what she told me.” It was a short answer, but it summed everything up fairly well. The guilt was still there, rising like bile within the small wolf’s throat. She swallowed, trying to get rid of it, it left her feeling genuinely sick and disgusted with herself.

“it sounds like a soft whisper usually, a murmur with the rivers and lakes, or the tree branches creaking as the wind blows them.” Sylva said, the guilt replaced by a sad longing for the past, oh how much easier it had been to just be viewed like she was crazy. This was strange, trying to explain it, and yet, @Kajika seemed to actually care enough to inquire about it beyond making sure she wasn’t bat shitting insane.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Knowing how things went between Sylva and her daughter could give him some insight into the woman. Also he supposed there was some concern since he didn't think children should he separated from their parents after witnessing what it had done to Moonshadow and Tagg and Namid and Vespertio. However when she spoke it was with a statement that it was her daughter that had told her. It seemed that was the end of that conversation as well. He offered, “I'm really sorry to hear that.” He didn't think reassurances or well wishes would be appropriate just then.

Then there was the woman's habit of talking to trees, while a little concerning Kajika was willing to accept it and allow it as long as it didn't interfere. He couldn't have a healer who was completely crazy but if she found comfort in the trees then he wouldn't judge. He listened as she described what it sounded like when the trees talked to her. It seems like the same things he would hear if he were to listen. “Do they provide you with answers to all your questions?” He asked his curiosity of this subject still not quite satisfied.

Sylva Riverflow
Well, there it was, the very thing she had been planning to keep quiet and only to herself spilled out already.  She felt some comfort though, he wasn’t judging her harshly for it. She was grateful for that, with enough to worry about as it was. He said he was sorry. Bitterness grew inside the small wolf at the comment, what would you know about how it felt? She had spent her entire time in he Lore doing her best not to end up like her mother. Yet, here she was, following in her footsteps like a fading echo.

“A lot of them.” She said quietly, the interest in the subject dwindling drastically as she started to simple feel an emotional numbness, revisiting the tale of her daughter had left her worse off then she had expected to and now, all she really wanted to do was to curl up under a tree in blissful silence. “I...I don’t talk about this anymore, are we done sir?” she confessed, before quickly adding “I’d like to be alone for a bit if it’s alright.”
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Perhaps it had been wrong to ask more questions about the relationship between Sylva and her daughter. Still as an alpha he needed to know these things. The first question in his mind was would Sylva leave the pack to try and go repair things with her daughter? Then there was the question of was the reason for their estrangement something that would indicate that Sylva wouldn't be with them long or a poor subordinate. He didn't want to make judgements too quickly so would give the healer her chance but time had taught him to be cautious with new members.

She admitted that the trees gave her answers to a lot of her questions which he supposed he was expecting such an answer. “That's good as long as they don't steer you wrong.” As she spoke again it was clear that she was rather upset and he nodded at her request. “We’re done for now,” he stated, “I have work to get back to anyway,” he added before offering another nod and turning to head back into the forest.

Kajika's exit unless stopped

Sylva Riverflow
He agreed to drop it for now. She was relieved. Sylva sighed softly as the alpha stood and retreated back into the forest around them. She shifted, laying down and looking out toward the lake. A tear formed on the healer’s cheek as she thought over the past She closed her eyes, letting the lapping of the lake splashing against the shore lull her into a light doze.. Somewhere out there, her daughter lingered, far happier then she had ever been able to make her feel, that was good enough. The more she told herself that, maybe she’d believe it, though she still didn’t believe it.

Sylva exit