(See All?) Announcements
655 Users Online
Bing, Google

the world — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
March 3rd, Late night/Early morning (3am), Full Moon, -12°F (-24°C)

Heavy puffs of air escaped her in wisps. Her pace was quick as she moved across the land - away from the Cove. She felt the need to escape everything for a moment. Perhaps it was paranoia (or the increase in calls she received) that had Birtie feeling constricted as if everyone was breathing down her neck. It made her crawl in her skin more than she already was. Mentioning that reminded her there was still no sign of any change and part of her worried.

She had to push the thoughts out of her mind quickly to escape their choke hold. It was all just nerves and hormones. Everything was fine, she was overreacting to things, right?

The large female found a place to hide amongst the dense trees. She was far enough out from the Cove's lands that no one should 'accidentally' stumble upon her. It would be hard for any social interactions to be an accident at this time of night and location.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The space beside him I'm the space he shared with Birtie was once again empty. For a long while he'd waited to see if she'd return but when she didn't he'd decided he needed to seek her out. The light from the moon cast an eerie light across the forest as it lit the path he followed. He followed her scent until it led him to the lake, the moonlight glittered across the untouched snow that dusted the surface of the frozen lake.

He was curious what had brought her here to the lake once more. As he picked his way along the shore he hoped that everything was okay with her. That there wasn't something bothering her and she hadn't come to talk with him.

Finally when her trail seemed to come to an end he chuffed into the night hoping that he would get a response from her. He then sat back on his haunches unsure if this was just another case in which she needed some space.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She was a fool, wasn't she? Thinking she could have escaped Kajika's protective gaze so soon seemed so childish now that she looked at it in perspective. Her ears leaned forward, wondering if anything might follow his chuff. There were no words, though. Only the sound that had obviously died down to nothing by now.

Hesitantly she moved from her spot against a tree's base. Her pale figure stood out amongst the dark leafed trees. Certainly she'd be spotted with ease now that she had moved to a more visible position in front of Kajika.

There was that guilty feeling again. She should have said something to him instead of keeping up her trend of stealing off in the night. One of these days she'd learn better but today was not that day. Obviously. So her tail apologetically swayed as her head ducked low, not bringing herself to openly say the apology even if she meant it.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The last thing he wanted to do is crowd her if she needed space, he knew what it was to want to get away from it all. Sometimes even he craved those few moments he could slip away and not he bothered. Still he couldn't help but worry about her which he supposed the events of the previous spring only fueled his worry.

There wasn't no return response vocalized in a return chuff or a whine. Instead he was presented with her cream form coming out of her hiding place. He could see in her posture that she seemed sorry which caused his brow to furrow.

The dark man rose to his paws and closed the distance between them. He licked her crown before brushing his cheek against hers. “Are you feeling alright?” He asked so only she could hear him. Though he doubted anyone was around at such a late hour and as far from the pack as they were.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She welcomed his comforting presence despite the whine it brought forth from her. Her head leaned into his shoulder as her tail kept a steady but slow beat behind her.

Just... The one word trailed off into the cool air, wondering how she was going to explain what was on her mind - or if she was even going to explain it at all. Her brows dug together deeply in thought as she remained with her head against his side. Maybe I'm just paranoid but...I feel like everyone is watching me. She confessed in a whispery tone. What would the man make of her words? Would he think her to be crazy? Delusional?

She could only hope for the best.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She seemed happy to see him which brought a smile to his face and his tail swaying a slow rhythm behind him. As he came to greet her the sound of her whine met his ears as she leaned her head into his shoulder. He brushed his head along the back of her neck hoping to comfort her and calm whatever thoughts were bothering her.

He didn't expect her to confess that she felt like everyone was watching her. He didn't know for sure of this was true or not but he wouldn't dismiss her feelings because they could very well be valid. “What makes you feel that way?” He asked feeling if he understood more of why she felt that way he could tell her if she was worrying for nothing or if it was true. “I can't say if they are or they aren't,” he admitted, “But I want to know if they are.” The last thing he wanted was for her to be singled out and it would need to be dealt with if she was.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Once it was out there she was quickly regretting admitting it.  Birtie wished her mouth had never opened in the first place. She should have told him everything was fine, that she needed a breather, the usual. Even the presence of him brushing her neck could not wipe away any fears. In fact, she felt her heart beat pick up as she was still eager to take in his musk.

Oh how tiresome she was growing of things that were just getting started.

Tulip stumbled upon me, Bastet called for me and I even ran into a stranger in the north a few days ago. Not that that stranger had anything to do with this. Almost no one has bothered crossing my path until now. It's like the whole world knows. She was never a religious creature but some part of her felt like she was being punished for sinful actions. A thousand prying eyes to remind her of what they did.

She pulled away briefly to slowly circle around to his other side. What do we do? The large female asked softly as her yellow gaze stared out into the forest.

(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2018, 02:17 PM by Birtie.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Birtie was a part of the pack and it was her home regardless of what the two of them did or didn't do she should feel comfortable in the cove. This went across all of his subordinates, they all had that right. Before he went off dealing with things however, he wanted to speak with the cream woman and find out where this all was coming from. Then there was the chance that she was just being paranoid, he'd certainly had his times of being paranoid.

Kajika listened as she spoke of Tulip and Bastet then a stranger that she'd come across. She spoke of no one crossing her path until then. As she spoke of the whole world knowing he knew what she meant. He understood what this was about, “So what if they do? We didn't do anything wrong.” He also gave some thought into what she'd spoken before, “What did Bastet want when she called you?” He asked and the rest, “Tulip and the stranger seem like chance encounters,” he said trying to reassure her. He didn't think there was anything to worry about but he also still didn't want to dismiss her concerns.

His Amber gaze followed her movements as she circled around him asking what did they do. “We live our lives and keep doing what we are doing. I don't care if they know and what we do is between us,” he explained his feelings on the matter. “You aren't ashamed of what we did are you?”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Small talk and then said she wanted to get to know me, see how I was. Her shoulders shrugged. It seemed strange. Especially sense they both seemed rather content to stay anything less than friendly last time they parted. Perhaps she was part of that problem but certainly the dark female hadn't done anything to repair that before either of them left.

His words filled her with guilt. She hadn't meant it like that. A soft whine escaped her as she went to move her head underneath his neck. No, I'm not ashamed. She explained softly. Maybe just a bit nervous. Are...are you? The Parlow knew nothing about his past. Had he done all of this before? He seemed so calm and level-headed, she admired it - appreciated it - but she was curious how he managed to stay as such.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health