562 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

I need a break from the loneliness — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

RE: Moonshadow, you come across a nice looking white-tailed deer antler. It would make a good chew toy! Anyone Welcome! Maybe someone new? :)

She couldnt take it anymore. The scents in the cove were becoming suffocating and the cove matriarch needed out. She really needed out of her own skin if she were to be honest. The constant burning and itching was driving her nuts and made her miss her husband even more. The meeting had made her sad to a degree, while she had breeding rights she didnt know if her love would make it home this season. Her onyx limbs moved out across the shore of the lake away from the cove. She wasnt sure as to where she was going she just knew she needed out. The sun had begun its decent in the sky so Moon figured she had a good few hours to be out on her own. She walked with ease until she nearly tripped over something. With a grunt the large woman regained her footing before scowling down at whatever had tripped her. She was surprised that it was actually a sizeable deer antler. It had five points with a sixth starting to bud. Whomever it belonged to had lived a long life for deer standards. Her silver dusted tail wagged happily as she picked it up. It would do nicely as a chew toy for her to take her frustrations out on. Walking to the lakes edge Moon laid so that her front paws laid in the cooling water giving her some minor relief to her heat. She began to gnaw at the antler as she looked over the lake.

Word Count: 000
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
The sun had started it’s slow downward decent when the small she wolf decided to make her way toward the lake. She hated the feeling, her fur felt like it was on fire and left ehr agitated. Mixed with the discomfort of painful memories, she wanted nothing to do with her body right now. She paused when she reached the lapping water’s edge, not for the first time in her life, Sylva wished she could have been a tree, or something like the lake. Calm, centered, growing constantly and one with the earth. Not trapped, fighting against her own flesh for primitive urges she had no desire to take part in.

It was then that Sylva saw her, an onix shape crossing toward the lake, her head tilted slightly in confusion when she first saw the antler seemingly to float. Sylva had been around long enough to know that no animal with a wolf’s body and  a deer’s head existed, or at least if they had, she had yet to encounter them. She crouched down and watched the creature stop by the lake’s edge, it was at that moment Moon’s scent hit her and she groaned softly. Of course, creatures like that didn’t exist...or did they? Was it really that hard to believe? She recounted that if she could hear the trees and the rivers, even stone sometimes, the rude stones usually, well, why couldn’t creatures she couldn’t name exist?

She came close, resting behind and to the side of her alpha when she let a soft bark of greeting escape as she dipped her head “May I join you?’ she asked, tilting her head slightly, just to be sure the antler wasn’t connected, ya could never be too sure after all.
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The gentle breeze blew over the water causing it to lap at her paws. It also prevented her from smelling any others that may approach. Large canines gnawed on the antler when a sound caused her to pause. A single silver dusted ear flicked behind her as a soft bark met them. Moon turned her head as Sylva's voice asked if she could join her. A warm smile spread across the alpha's inky maw "Why of course ya can" she offered before turning her attention back to the antler. She chewed for a few moments while Sylva resettled herself. "How are ya?" Moon finally asked looking back to her with a smile.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva couldn’t help but smile a bit when Moonshadow spoke, the warmth was something the she wolf hadn’t seen in quite a long time from a packmate. The itching in her fur was just a reminder of her past, the past she had come here to try and escape. Moon’s question caught her off guard, far more than it should have. She had the sudden urge to just spill absolutely everything, as if she had committed these sins against Fallen Tree Cove. She blinked, the sickening feeling of guilt resurfacing before she gave her head a shake. It was so long ago, a life she no longer lived now.

“Yes…..” She said, sitting down on her haunches, looking at the lake’s reflective surface, her answer channing rather quickly. “No….” She groans, lowering herself to her stomach, letting the water tug at her fore paw before she gave her head a shake. “I don’t know…..” she eventually confessed, turning to look her leader in the eyes. Sylva did her best to hide her discomfort, but she was failing horribly at it. “ This...heat, it only brings a lot of discomfort.” there was far more to it then that, but Sylva wasn’t sure why she felt such a mix of emotions generated by the unstable hormones. “I just...I feel like a failure.”
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2018, 05:17 AM by Sylva.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Moons questioned seemed to stir something in the smaller woman. She began witha yes but quickly changed her answer to no which was curious  to the dark alpha. Silver eyes watched the turmoil on Sylva's face as she tried to decide what to say. It was clear she was uncomfortable confirming it was from her heat. Moon could sympathize with her for her own heat was driving her nuts. What came from her mouth next concerned the onyx woman. "Why do ya say that?" she asked with genuine concern in her tone. As alpha it was her duty to make sure the well-being of her subordinates was intact. That and that she was always concerned in the well-being in those closest to her.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Sylva Riverflow
Sylva kept her eyes closed for a moment, letting the lapping and recedding waves of the lake wash over her small paws as she weighed the question. Why did she feel like a failure. The list seemed so long, causing her to feel naususie as she thought it over. Slowly, she glanced over, looking at Moonshadow. “I…..this ehat reminds me of bad times last year, i had a dughter…” She murmured softly before sighing. “We had a falling out, just before joining the Cove, we bumped into eachother, she...made it clear she didn’t want anything to do with me, thats all..”
Inactive IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Silver dusted ears stood erect atop her head a worry was in her mercury orbs watched the other dark woman. Moon didn't just care because she was alpha and had to, she really did care about others that were family. So the cove woman waited for the other's reply. Sylva spoke of how unbearable not just physically but emotionally as well. Her heart ached when her packmate spoke of having a daughter but that her daughter didn't want anything to do with her mother. "Oh hun, I'm sorry to hear that" she offered not really know what it felt like. Her child was off somewhere and her husband was looking for him but she didn't know what she would do if Chan didn't want anything to do with her. She crawled over to offer a supportive touch to Sylva's shoulder before moving away to give the woman her space.