581 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nia, Sage, Viorel

my pride won't let me — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 40 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Deadlock Soule
For @Celandine

Some time had passed since his last encounter with the pale beauty but that wasn't so much as surprise as it was to be expected from two equally busy and loyal wolves. Deadlock had been preoccupied with patrolling the borders, giving the woman some space enough to actually miss him since he had did exactly as he'd promised--moved to another pack for her. The land was different, but the duties were very much the same and without missing a beat the tawny male took up his own duties to keep him busy but that didn't mean that Celandine didn't cross his mind often. She did, a lot, but he knew she was busy and he respected her space enough to stay out of it.

He was not particularly busy on this day, purposely waking early and doing his morning patrol before filling and fixing the caches and returning to his den for a much needed rest. He planned on seeing his yellow eyed beauty today and hoped she had enough spare time to squeeze him in a for a moment or two. They could both use the break. He sought out places she normally visited and found her scent heavily lingering but no one in sight, which meant that she was probably on the move--as usual. He took a moment to howl low and long for her and only her, hoping to stop her in her tracks long enough to speak with her personally.
(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2018, 08:54 AM by Deadlock.)
Played by Pinn who has 460 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Deadlock's low howl touched her ears as soon as she'd finished laying her scent around the borders, causing a single brow to raise, but Celandine had no intentions of responding immediately. It wouldn't do to give him that kind of control. She would respond, of course, but that didn't mean that she couldn't take a little extra time marking the nearest tree. Once she felt satisfied enough with the tree trunk to answer the call, Cela turned face the direction the voice had come from. They hadn't had much time to talk, especially with the rank challenge, and the beginnings of spring.

Once her pale gaze finally met his tawny form, she let smile creep across her features. "Miss me?" She teased.

Have you seen my OOC preferences?
[Image: YCWYGS9.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive V. Subordinate
Deadlock Soule
I've missed these two :D Deadlock is like mush XDXD

He lowered her head as the last of the howl left his jaws, his ears perking as the quiet air allowed the echo of his howl to vibrant within his ears before finally disappearing into the distance. He wondered how long the wait would be and tended to the surrounding area while he waited, urinating and sniffing at areas that had been missed before finally he caught whiff of her tantalizing scent--breeding season had made her even the more irresistible. He approached her slowly, his eyes seeming to dance along the curves of her figure before ending on the deep pools of her eyes, her smile provoked a smile of his own when he finally closed the gap between them and took her into a embrace. He couldn't help the urge to touch her after such a long time apart. "Yes, and it seems like forever since I last saw you," and in truth it had been. Pack duties had kept them both equally busy, "how have you been?" he asked, all the while his voice seemed to have taken on a the occasional purr like that of a content cat in her embrace.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Months with Craw had Celandine used to touch, so when Deadlock moved forward to embrace her, she didn't flinch. Instead, she took a step backwards, to look him in the eyes. "Surely it hasn't been that long?" That's when she noted the tone of his voice, the predatory purr that it had taken on. Interesting.

Spring was not lost on the woman, nor were the effects that her heat would have on those around her, but they weren't meant for this one. He lacked the security that the others might have offered. "I've been fine. How about yourself?" Though she could probably take a guess at how he had been.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Deadlock Soule
He felt his heart lurch when she took a step backward from him, eyes studying her with confusion but instead of speaking he listened in case she had something she wanted to say, his ears perked forward in further confusion when she responded. It felt like ages since he'd seen her and in that time she seemed different but so much had happened since their last encounter he supposed Celandine wasn't the same wolf he'd met at the border. He didn't exactly know how to take the rejection but his determination kept him at his spot, willing to try if she allowed him. "Excuse me for being so...clingy. I don't mean to take up so much of your space or time." he said, wanting her to understand that she was special, he had no other intentions with another woman but than again he didn't have enough time for anyone else anyway. "I've been okay though, just keeping myself busy. How does it feel to be the lead?" he asked her, head cocking. He'd heard of the ordeal but wasn't comfortable participating in the action, he wasn't sure how he'd feel watching the woman he liked fight for a new title--with a male of all wolves. He inhaled her scent once more, but ignored the temptation to touch her again for fear that she'd pull away once more, he couldn't quite tell but he had a suspicion that he wasn't the particular wolf she wanted to enjoy the festivities with.
(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2018, 05:16 AM by Deadlock.)
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

As much as the woman enjoyed toying with Deadlock, she knew that with the season being what it was, such toying could lead to... other things. So it was better to shut the man down swiftly, than let it progress. Skoll would be aware of the agouti man's scent on her pelt, and he'd be impossible to explain away. "You aren't taking up my space, or time. I quite enjoy having you around the Scowle." Her smile was soft as she spoke, unwilling to hurt his pride any more than she already had. "It feels right." This had always been in the cards for her. "Though spring has made things a little more difficult." Avoiding your co-lead whenever possible was hard enough in and of itself.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Deadlock Soule
Something wasn't quite right. His stomach lurched, an uneasy feeling took over him and he eyed the pale woman in silence, wondering what had changed so quickly with her but he didn't have much time to wonder--his heart suddenly feel in his chest. Celandine was a hard wolf to read, her attractiveness was what had drawn Deadlock in but he hadn't quite figured out how she worked and what made her tick, even if up until this very moment he was confident that had. She admitted that she liked having him around the scowle a truth that was as impersonal and distant as small talk of the weather. She was avoiding him and though he had quickly decided he didn't want to know anything further, he couldn't stop the hurt from growing larger and the look of surprise on his tawny face. "Thank you, I am liking it here so far." he admitted with a nod of his head. At least that part was true enough. "What about Spring is difficult? I'm anticipating the weather change myself," he said, leaving out the fact that he was excited that breeding season would soon be behind them--this had been the worst for him to date.
Inactive No Rank
Celandine Argyris

Celandine smiled, and allowed her features to soften. Deadlock was a good subordinate, and she didn't want to come off as cold in front of him, but spring... "Well, I'm glad. It's quite different from where I grew up, so I wasn't sure about it at first." The mossy stones littering the Scowle couldn't even compare to the boulders riddling the heights. 

The alpha could have laughed at his question, but she didn't. She understood that he wasn't a female, so in turn, he wouldn't really know. "The weather turn will certainly be nice, but I'm sure you've noticed the food has gotten.. a little more aggressive as of late?" Mating season always brought out the worst in heard animals.