(See All?) Announcements
421 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo, Adelard, Jadon

watergate — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cadence who has 48 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark

It wasn't just the newborns that had changed things up; Moonshadow's prodigal son was back. He'd known she'd lost him, it was what had made everything so perfect. That he could sneak in and fill up that hole that the other pup had left, soak up all the love and attention that had been meant for Chan. Then the next generation had come and still he'd thought there'd been hope. Maybe he could find a way to cut the numbers without being found out, or even maintain his place amongst them. Would having little siblings really be so awful so long as he was the favorite?

Then fucking Chan came home, all bright eyed and social. They hadn't seen him in forever but they all fell over themselves welcoming him back home, couldn't get enough of the damn kid, weren't even mad that he'd run away to being with. It burned Roland right up, and so he decided that while he figured out what to do about the whelps, he'd nip this problem in the bud quickly.

So he sought him out, the tawny boy who was currently playing in the lake's shallows.

"Heya Chan, wanna play?"

(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2018, 10:55 PM by Roland.)
Played by Cade who has 849 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall

Man had he missed this lake. No other waters were as crisp and cool, as delicious to drink and so perfectly reflective that they showed an exact, mirror image of the sky. He was disturbing that imitation right now, but that was part of the fun; jumping from cloud to cloud, catching the reflections of the birds flying overhead, touching the sun itself. He would've been content to play like that on his own for a while, letting @Moonshadow and his siblings rest hidden from the afternoon's heat, but Roland's sudden offer wasn't unwelcomed.

He hadn't much gotten to know the boy that had joined during his absence; the kid was polite but quiet. Not exactly unfriendly but just, lacking in the exuberance that dominated Chan's life. This was the first time he'd asked him to play, and the Eastfall boy wasn't about to pass it up. Maybe he just needed to chip through Roland's shell a bit, show him that he was friendly and fun, and the other teen would open up.

"Heck yeah! Watcha got in mind? We can have a water fight," he offered with a grin, swiping his paw across the water's surface to send a light spray after the Whitebark child.

[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark

Of course the insufferably energetic youth would be up for playing, Roland hadn't really expected this to be all that difficult to achieve. Though as a sudden whip of water was sent his way, he wasn't able to dodge quick enough and found himself wondering if his patience would make it. This kid, with his bright eyes and easy grins, annoyed Roland in every single way, yet he had to force a light chuckle and an easy-tempered smile. Even as he internally shuddered at the cold droplets sliding deeper within his fur until they kissed his skin.

"Nah I uh, already had a bath today. Hey, let's go exploring. Haven't really been able to properly stretch my legs in too long, and there's this eagle's nest over to the West I've been wanting to get to."

Played by Cade who has 849 posts.
Paradise Falls III. Second
Chan Eastfall

Chan was a relatively perceptive wolf, but he couldn't see past a mask as intricately detailed as Roland's. The smile, the offer, they all seemed so casual and genuine to the teen. He stepped out of the shallows, shook the water from his body (Roland this time was able to get out of the line of fire) and gave a brisk, enthusiastic nod to the suggestion.

"Yeah, sure. Is it like, in the bluffs?"

If only he knew how fitting that diction was.

"My parents shouldn't mind me leaving so long as I've got a buddy with me."

He didn't think to let them know ahead of time so that they wouldn't worry; he was pretty sure he knew where Roland was talking about, and it wasn't like they'd be gone into the night.

[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark

"Yeah, you know the spot?" he asked, the role getting easier to slip into with every sentence passed between them. Roland was even able to avoid the water spray this time, with drastically improved his mood. Anyways, soon the little fuck wouldn't be able to do such simple tasks, he supposed he should let him enjoy these last few hours.

"How about we race, then? C'mon, last one there has to steal a feather!"

/Fade