704 Users Online
Google, Bing

Another day, Another goat — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 200 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Let me know if you want anything changed ^^

In the last few days, he had been going to the mountain to see if he could find out what had happened to the goats. He hadn't been seeing them as much but he knew that they were there. It also gave him a chance to step away from the females and their hormones. The day before yesterday he had found some, possibly the group that Kajika and him had hunted before. This time though they had a newcomer which the stormy male had watched with interest. An older female who's ribs were starting to show and after a feint had easily been left behind by the others.

Solas knew that he wouldn't be able to bring her down on his own. So that morning he had asked @Kajika to help him and as they walked he explained what he knew about the old goat. She isn't as quick as the others and gets worn out faster. Solas explained as they got closer to their destination. It also looks like she has trouble seeing out of her right eye He had found that out when another goat had bumped into her making her react rather dramatically. Also I don't think she was with this group before. He would have noticed her earlier if she had been. So she was probably with them now because she hadn't been able to keep up with her original group.

The stormy male paused to look at his companion to see if he had any questions. They weren't exactly in a rush but the stormy male wanted to make sure that they were both on the same page. All of their other hunts had gone well and he didn't want to start turning them sour with this one.

(This post was last modified: Mar 08, 2018, 06:08 PM by Solas.)
[Image: solas_sig_by_becuffin-dbocy7k.png]
[Image: vnuylcejuy1r9dyd_by_silversnake54-dc87n0m.gif]
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Despite his worry over Birtie and how she was doing Kajika thought it best he accompany Solas. After his encounter with Moonshadow it was pretty clear he needed some time away from all if the females and their intoxicating scent. Going and hunting a goat or two seemed like a better way to spend his time that day.

As they walked he listened as his packmate explained the situation with the female goat that he'd found. “She certainly sounds like the perfect target for our hunt today and it might be what's best for her in the end. An attack from the right side seems a good bet.” Those were his observations based on what he'd been told about her.

Kajika didn't have any questions as he trusted the man at his side. He had yet to fail him and made an excellent hunting partner. “I think we should do well on this one,” he added so that Solas knew he was good to continue. The goat would do them well especially if there were to be puppies in the cove soon.

Hunting Dem 1/3
(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2018, 11:33 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Hunting Dem. 1/3

Hunting was a good way for them to let off some steam and he didn't have to worry about getting too close to any of the females out here. Kajika was the only one and e didn't smell anything like the woman of the Cove. Other than the scent of Birtie on him but that was altogether different.

Solas grinned slightly as his friend agreed that the chosen goat sounded like a good target. An attack from the right was also something to be considered. She has a tendency to keep her blind spot to the other goats and keep her good eye out. So if one of us can distract her while the other sneaks between her and the others we might be able to do some damage before she bolts. There was the chance that the other goats might try and attack them though. That would leave the one going in on the attack at a disadvantage.We could also try and both slip between her and the others so that one can go for her and the other can get the other goats away from her. Solas liked that idea better it seemed safer anyway.

Kajika went on to add that he thought that he thought that they would do good on the hunt. Solas nodded in agreement. It seems like the best time for the hunt as well. Puppies were coming and they would be down a hunter so gathering some resources now seemed like a pretty good idea.

(This post was last modified: Jun 16, 2018, 12:19 AM by Solas.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It would do then both some good to get away from the females that we're still in heat. The temptation was almost too much at times and after the encounter he'd had with Moonshadow he'd been keeping a safe distance from her despite checking on her periodically. He was reluctant to leave Birtie in her condition especially since she seemed to want to be around him more. He officially decided that he disliked breeding season more than he hated winter.

Solas already had a target picked out and had found out as much information about her as he could. Things looked in their favor right up until Anthem's son explained how she protected her blind side from attack. He had a new respect for this goat for figuring that out. “I think it's worth a shot to take that route. Whoever goes into the heard might even be able to get close enough to at grab her long enough for the other to run in and help with the take down.” Then there wouldn't be any running and chasing and the potential to hurt themselves. “I think I like the first okan first but I definitely feel that could be a good plan B.” It's not that he disliked the idea it was more he thought it more dangerous. There was also the consideration. That of she sees or senses the other goats moving she might bolt or move closer to them.

The dark man nodded at Solas’ sentiment with what he said. They needed to start now preparing for the pups to come. So far they would definitely be having one litter to care for, his litter and he was going to make sure they would make it. “The more we prepare now the better, things will be much easier by the time the pups arrive."

Hunting Dem 2/3
(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2018, 11:34 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Hunting Dem. 2/3

It was thanks to this older goat protecting her blind side that he figured out she was blind. She hadn't been able to see the other goat coming and when she had been touched she had jumped and obviously been agitated. The other goat had even been chased for a short distance as a punishment. Not that the older goat had been able to do it for long.

Solas took Kajika words into consideration. He liked the second idea better which was good because the stormy male did too. It would also keep the other goats from trying to help if they had the nerve to. Sometimes they did most often they didn't. They were getting closer to where he had last seen the goats and he wanted to see if they could decide who was doing what before they got there since they wouldn't be talking much when they did.

If you're alright with it I'll chase the herd off. He said with a toothy smile. They've already seen me before and should be more nervous when I suddenly show up again. He hadn't exactly left them with a good impression the first time around and they should be more on edge especially when they noticed Kajika's large form as well.

I'll try and see if I can pick up the pace on my hunting trips. The more that he could stock up the less they would have to worry about food when the pups did come. When they did it protecting them would need to come first.

(This post was last modified: Jun 16, 2018, 12:19 AM by Solas.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

While they had a target picked out that seemed like it might be a pretty easy take down he hoped that it was. The more goats they could bring back the better off they would be when it came to feesi g the pups when they finally arrived. He wanted to make sure they would be as prepared as possible since they would be down two good wolves. At least he hoped that Moonshadow wasn't too upset about Chan not being home she wouldn't want to have pups this season.

Two options had been given to him and he'd chosen the second as the best opinion for them to catch the goat. They would he going in together and each of them focusing on one part of the task. Like last time they had their plan but things went even further than that so there wouldn't be any confusion when it finally came time to go through with the hunt.

As they moved toward where the goats were Solas solidified the plans. “I'm fine with that,” he said when the man beside him suggest he chase the herd. His reason was a good one in Kajika's opinion. “I will go after her and try to get a grip in her and then once you have the herd out if the way you come back to help me.” His large size would slow her down but he didn't know if he could take her down on his own.

“That will be good and I'm going to be trying to get out more as well.” He was glad that Solas understood the importance of stocking up in as much food as they could. The pups were the future of the pack and they needed to be well taken care of.

Hunting Dem 3/3
(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2018, 11:34 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart
OOC: Hunting Dem. 3/3

They seemed to have made a solid plan and that would make this hunt that much easier. Solas knew that things could change but he felt that they would once again be able to bring a goat back to the pack. All things considered, everything seemed to be in their favor already. Now it was just a matter of reaching them and putting their plan into action.

I'll make sure to cause a ruckus so they run off quicker so you won't be waiting long. Solas didn't doubt that his companion would be able to hold her but even then he would still be quick about his part of the plan. An older goat could still do some damage and that was part of why he had asked Kajika to come in the first place. Two sets of teeth could bring down prey faster than one. Do you want me to talk with @Bastet about going hunting with me? If she came along then they would be able to bring down larger prey. She also had experience in hunting with them and with taking down goats so Solas felt confident that she would be able to help.

(This post was last modified: Jun 16, 2018, 12:20 AM by Solas.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Once they had the details of then plan worked out it was time that they set things in motion. They would have to work quickly before the goat they were after caught onto that they were doing. While it might not be so bad if the female bolted he didn't want to take a chance on her escaping. The way he saw she either escaped or did something to cause herself injury but it was too risky in his opinion.

He nodded, “I will try to get a hold on her as quickly as possible so she can't follow the others.” He was appreciative that Solas would work quickly so he could help bring the goat down. “Hopefully we will have it all said and done in a few minutes time and no mistakes.” It was only a hope because many things could go wrong. His dark head turned to look at his packmate as he spoke of asking Bastet. “I think that's a good idea, keep her busy. The two if you can being more in if you work together.” With two litters on the way Kajika knew they would need plenty of meat and not what a rabbit or squirrel here and there could provide.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Solas ColdHeart

Solas nodded his head. He would talk to Bastet after the season was over. No reason to tempt himself when they were supposed to be out hunting. I'll talk to her about it. They would be able to bring in more that way and it would also be a good chance to see if she had any tricks that he could learn.

Once everything was settled Solas picked up the pace so that they would reach the goats a bit faster. As luck would have it they had stayed in the same area that they had been when he had previously seen them. A grin spread on his face as he saw their pale forms against the dark rocks. He scanned the group trying to find the older goat and saw her standing on the edge of the group. It almost looked like she was dozing off. Solas looked to Kajika to see if he had seen her. As soon as he was given acknowledgment he would slink down towards the group to attempt and get between them and their chosen prey. The closer he got without them seeing the higher the chance that the group would run. No one liked to be surprised especially prey animals.