(See All?) Announcements
296 Users Online
Bing, Google

Figures dancing gracefully across my memory — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

Hal said it made no sense to her and he tried his best to hide his dumbfounded expression. How did she not understand? Yeah there were some pieces that were missing still but there was still a lot there in his opinion. Of course, he also wasn’t horribly interested in exactly why Morganna had been leading it, but rather what had led to their moving. To him, that was the biggest question so perhaps that was why things had more sense to him. He wasn’t adding in a whole bunch of other questions.

The last thing she said had him watching Serach’s reaction curiously. He began to speak and Kino listened with intrigue. His auds perked when he mentioned children. So, Serach had a mate and pups now? Well, good for him! He also mentioned that Triell had founded a pack across the mountain, which was news to him. “Congratulations on your pups,” the silver man said to begin. “I’d imagine we’ll start heading that way, though we need to get some more ducks in a row first probably,” he added, looking to his dark friend for confirmation.

Cause I've got issues, but you got 'em too

Alastor Leigh

So give 'em all to me and I'll give mine to you

(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2018, 03:54 PM by Kino.)
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
Apparently Morganna had given Serach a good deal of information, more than Sahalie or Alastor had for her former leader and cousin, and it made her feel rather sheepish. Was it really such a bad thing that Morganna came in and took her pack away? Morganna had years of experience, it seemed: she was worldly, she knew things, she had the drive. Sahalie was just a dumb kid with a dream. Why Morganna might need to support Niles didn't really make any sense. Castel had been left in charge when she left, while she wasn't really in the greatest health she was in charge. Maybe Morganna was helping her out too, maybe she just wouldn't have mentioned the random wolf to Serach. Castel was, in all likelihood, totally fine and with all the former Quaking Vale wolves...wherever they had gone.

Her cousin's expression soured and the girl was concerned that she had hit a nerve. With their relationship as poor and strained as it was, she couldn't be sure if he was upset because it was true, or upset because she mentioned it. She realized it wasn't really her place, any more, to make comments about Oak Tree Bend. It wasn't her pack anymore. He didn't even say anything when she mentioned they wouldn't be staying. Perhaps their feelings were not mutual. Even though there had been no real reason to think so, Sahalie had never thought that the borders to Oak Tree Bend would be closed for her. But they were. It wasn't her pack anymore. The den was caved in. Serach probably thought it was weird and a bit too familiar of her to suggest that they might stay, but that they weren't because it was her choice.

Just a dumb kid.

Feeling worse only came naturally as Serach continued, deciding to divulge the information anyway. Serach was always a proud wolf, and none of that had changed in the seasons between their last encounter. When he spoke about children and family, she nodded, not really understanding because her experience had been so different and marred by immaturity, but she was certain that he believed in what he was saying and that the hope and love for his family was all they really needed. A pack didn't need to be large, that was just how it was when she was growing up. She shouldn't judge.

With a jolt she realized that she had neglected to mention any of her encounter with her father last year to Alastor. They had just been so busy looking for a home, and she had honestly wanted to forget the whole thing. Bringing up Sven around that time of the year would have been difficult, too, anyway, she thought shamefully. "Yeah," she said sighing, "I saw him there last spring..." But if her relationship with Serach could be repaired with time maybe it could be the same with her father, even if any mention of him still frustrated her.

She took a deep, unsteady breath, feeling that the goodbye was now imminent. "I'm really happy to hear you have a family now. And... well. I do hope it won't be so long before the next time I see you. If that's okay?" No doubt she would have to come here—Serach was a record holder for staying put. "Sorry, I'm just bad at goodbyes..." It was hard to leave the comforting blue haze surrounding them.
(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 02:51 AM by Sahalie.)
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
We can either fade out here or one more from you guys. Feel free to assume that Serach watched them leave before leaving himself. :)

Alastor confirmed that the pair would in-fact be leaving and Sahalie reinforced it. Dipping his head, Serach responded with a "Thank you," at their congratulations. "Perhaps the next time you come back, you'll be able to meet them. I'd like to hear more about your travels and I know they would too," he said with a smile, indirectly telling Sahalie and Alastor that yes, it was okay if they came back. He was not certain he would feel the same way about Triell, but perhaps that was the difference between a bad goodbye and no goodbye at all.

Stepping forward, he closed the distance between himself and Sahalie. Reaching out with his muzzle, he moved to touch his nose to her's to say farewell. "It was good to see you," he told her quietly before pulling away and offering the same touch of his nose to Alastor to bid him goodbye as well. "Be safe crossing the mountains. And I hope you find the answers you're looking for."
[Image: AplcUOC.png]