430 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Bing, Jadon, Nia

It's harder alone — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Fog, 10F/-12C Here you go @griffin

Snow crunched softly as the raggedly shape trudged across the vast field. Dull silver eyes constantly on the lookout, ears straining to pick up the faintest noise. Any noise, he was getting desperate at this point, it felt like the pup had been trekking endlessly through the fog shrouded landscape. He would have thought it was just a dream if it hadn’t been for the constant gnawing emptiness that chewed at him from the inside. He wanted to stop and appreciate the erie beauty to the forlorn landscape, but at this point, Daesamar was finding it rather hard to try and stay cheery.

Eventually the weary youth stopped, slowly looking around once more before he spotted something different against the bleak field, a large boulder broke up the flat, grey landscape. Slowly, he made his way toward the stone, squinting as it came into view. A disappointed sigh escaped the black and silver wolf, he had hoped that maybe, just maybe it would have morphed into something, anything edible. He was starting to get desperate now, highly inexperienced in hunting in this ever cold and snow covered landscape, positive now that he’d never know the warmth of the sun kissing his back ever again.

He settled down on the snow, curling up with his back against the stone, th thought had crossed his mind, to attempt a raid on a pack cache, but itn terrified him at the same time. A sick feeling rose within his throat every time the thought came, it would highly displease his mother, and eh wasn’t willing to stoop to theft. Yet anyways, he groaned, laying his muzzle down, resting his cheek on his extended fore paws.
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

He wasn’t even sure why he was out here, sometimes it all just became too much, and then he started running. So he’d run out over the Lowlands until his lungs felt like they were on fire and he had to stop, and now here he was, exhausted and droopy eared, staring back towards the mountains on the horizon with deep loathing. It would probably take him the rest of the day to make it back, and he didn’t even want to, didn’t actually want to take as much as a single step, and certainly not in that direction. He considered finding somewhere to camp out, the thought of a night on his own deeply appealing. But as little as he wanted to go home, he couldn’t do that to his mom, the last thing she needed now was more worry.

So, with a heavy grunt of aversion, Gale started the slow trek back towards the tundra’s edge, snout hanging low over the snow. He paid so little attention to the road ahead that he almost walked straight into a large boulder, sitting oddly alone in the middle of the sea of snow; I didn’t even notice that on the way out! The pup shook his head, moving to skirt around the rock, only to walk into something else, hidden behind it. Quite surprised, he looked down at where his legs had bumped a mass of dark fur, taking a quick step back as he realized he had stumbled across another wolf. “I… Sorry, I uh… Didn’t see you there…” He mumbled, ducking his head, already half turned, frankly hoping he could slip away without any further confrontation.

Word count: 278

"Speech" Thoughts
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2018, 10:58 PM by Griffin.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The young wolf had fallen into a light doze, the quietness working for him for once as he tried to catch up on some sleep. Something pressed against his size, startled and naturally, the pup squealed in surprise when he was poked by a stray paw. Silver eyes shot open as he looked around around, catching the other wolf’s words and sudden, hasty retreat. He paused,trying to figure out what had happened, and more importantly...if the other had heard his embarrassing reaction.

“W-wait!” he said quickly, the large youth disturbed the snow as he pulled himself to his paws. His silvery, long fur speckled with white dust now. “It’s ok!” he said, taking a step forward “I didn't see you either." as soon as the words left his lips, Daesamar groaned, of course he hadn't seen the other wolf, he had been trying to sleep, the words had come quickly, trying to help ease any embarrassment for the brown and white wolf. "I mean....it's ok, it's really hard see out here."
(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2018, 10:59 PM by Daesamar.)
Played by PuppyThief who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Griffin Gwain Avalon

Frankly, he hardly noticed the noise the stranger made, caught up in his own embarrassment at walking into him in the first place. He only glanced up from his paws briefly when the dark wolf stood up, catching a quick glimpse of silvery eyes before looking back down, retreating further. He could still see the shadow in his peripheral vision, the guy was huge, and in the back of his mind pulsed a faint fear; The guy might not appreciate this rude wake up. Yet, in his darkened world, even the prospect of being attacked couldn’t rile up the sparrow, he felt almost resigned to the fact; Guess I brought it on myself…

But, oddly, the stranger didn’t seem interested in taking out his irritation on the smaller wolf. In fact, he didn’t appear to be angry at all, his voice almost apologetic. Gale hesitated, peeking back up from his submissive position, expression wary. He tensed visibly as the other stepped closer, but remained where he was, one ear flicking slightly. “I guess…” He murmured in response, dragging one paw awkwardly through the snow, leaving a jagged line. The genuine note in the dark lad’s voice only served to fluster him further.

Swallowing hard, the agouti boy lifted his head to look more directly at the stranger, eyes widening slightly in surprise. Despite his considerable size, the brute seemed to be no older than Griffin himself, a lot of his bulk appearing to actually be lush fur, and those pale eyes looking bright and kind. Somewhat emboldened by this revelation, the young Avalon dared to admit: “But I was the one who walked into you, kinda hard to see anything when you’re asleep.” A weak smile actually spread on his face at the comment, shoulders shrugging a little as he looked around; “Even if it’s an odd place to take a nap.”

Word count: 312

"Speech" Thoughts
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The large pup nodded in agreement about the odd choice in finding a place to nap, he didn't put much thought into it when he had chosen the boulder. His main reasoning for it seemed pretty logical. It was out of the way, less likely to be disturbed. There seemed to be some irony in it now, that exactly what he had been trying to avoid, was exactly what had played out. He noticed the other pup’s tense reaction, something he had grown accustomed to when he met new people. Daesamar was very aware of how intimidating he could look from a distance, or even up close, he tried his best fairly often to put other’s minds at ease whenever he could.

Well, the other male seemed to be warming up, so to speak, around the large child, something he was grateful for. Daesamar truly did enjoy the company of others,especially now that he was on his own. Catching the weak smile, he grinned in turn, flashing his tongue as his crooked ear flicked. “I’m Daesamar, can I ask who’s company I have? Best way to get to know thoses who step on me!”