(See All?) Announcements
515 Users Online
Google, Bing

walks like rihanna — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
RE: Niles, you slip on a patch of ice and hit your "funny bone".

March 16th; Late Afternoon; Partly cloudy; 41° F, 5° C.

The weather was getting nicer now that Spring had finally gotten its grip on Relic Lore. The nights were still chilly, but at long last, Niles' thick coat had begun to shed. He itched all over and, wherever he could manage, he rubbed his shoulders and sides along the trunks of the trees until there were no more trees in his way. Faced with the slowly defrosting Lagoon, he tentatively tiptoed over the frozen shallows, eyeing a particular spot where he was so certain that his feet could still touch the bottom. A dip in the icy water would be nice. It would sooth the restlessness in his limbs and the heat flashes that kept seizing his body when his mind wandered to something as insipid as the curve on Mari's shoulders or the way Celandine had roughly taken what was hers without even flinching.

He shook his head to derail the train of thought that would eventually lead him back to where he and @Marisol had spent a moment to talk on the edges of the Weir. His insides clenched as his eyes locked on the hole in the ice but, all too soon, he felt his left fore paw slip. With his right paw in the air, having been ready to take a step forward, he had lost his grip and with a THWACK! on the ice, Niles' elbow made contact with the solid surface underfoot... It tingled and stung all at once.

Niles had only one reaction that was suited for such an unfortunate circumstance. From his sprawled out position on his side, he yelled. At the top of his lungs. "AAAAAHHHHHH FAAAAAAAACK!!"
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Becca who has 45 posts.
Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall
It was hard to miss the loud yelling that came from somewhere in the distance. The boy knew he had not set any traps or pulled any pranks lately that were worthy of such a noise. So he set out quickly. His strides were long as he pushed through any foliage, trampling through slush and twigs.

His pale green-gold eyes spotted a dark splotch sprawled out on the earth. Briefly, his brows pinched together wondering if his mother had taken a fall but he noticed the form was far too large to be his mother. "Hey!" He called out before stopping a few feet away. "What are ya doin'? If you're yelling like that there ought to be a good reason." The Lyall's ears stood tall on the top of his head patiently waiting for an answer.

If someone had played a prank on this poor soul, well maybe Bojay would have to find them and teach them a lesson. This lagoon was only big enough for one prankster.
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
i know something you don't know
trouble coming to your home
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
He twisted so that his left leg, his shoulders, and the back of his head remained on the ice. He stared at the cloud-covered sky, just waiting for the unpleasant sensation in his elbow to go away. For the time being, even just moving it was wholly uncomfortable. He could only imagine just what words his Healer of a mother would say to him if he complained that his arm was hurt. He blinked, then grimaced. Considering Morganna's work with getting Skoll back into working order, he wondered if he could avoid having his sister stuff him up with herbs, too.

"Hey!" a voice called out to him and Niles immediately groaned. Being found in a state like this was the absolute last thing he wanted. This was too much for his already wounded pride. Using his other elbow and rolling about, he got himself back onto his stomach and into some sort of loose sphinx-like position but with his left elbow raised off the frozen surface of the Lagoon.

It was a kid. Potentially a nephew of his, but by the way the boy talked, he could have been easily pegged as Morganna's. Niles wasn't about ready to say anything though or assume much in figuring out if the near-yearling was family or not. A sigh hissed through his teeth, the punk should have asked if he was okay, rather than what he was doing.

"What's it to ya?" he countered, not in the mood to be bothered with his elbow all banged up. His tone was sour; perhaps if he had been found by a familiar face, his mood could have been different.
Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall
A wry smile spread over the Lyall's face at the sharp response. "Well I figured if ya had been attacked or hurt I could have helped. Maybe get someone else too." His shoulders shrugged with ease. Certainly Sterling or even Maeve would put up with the Lyall boy if he dragged them out here. Especially if they too had heard the loud holler that came forth from the ivory-bellied male.

"Ah, but ya look fine don't ya?" He gave a pause to let his eyes dramatically roam over the larger male. "I take it ya just scream for fun." Bojay's tail swayed steadily behind him. Perhaps he shouldn't have poked so much fun at the situation but if the male wasn't going to take what little kindness Bo could offer then he didn't deserve any. Not yet at least.

He took a cautious step forward, testing his unknown boundaries. Just how far could he get with this one, eh?
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
It was clearly already too late for anything to be done. Niles had already slipped and had already injured himself. Had he been human, he might have had a few words regarding getting him to the hospital and getting some x-rays done because it hurt like hell. If anything, with the boy yammering on, he supposed he was lucky he had not fallen through the ice on top of it all. Trying to swim would have, well, sucked.

"Ah, but ya look fine don't ya?

Niles shot him a look that said he was already unimpressed. The kid could take in an eyeful of him being utterly exasperated. "I am fine," he stated, so dangerously close to throwing a hissy fit or full blown tantrum. "An', yeah," Niles hissed back, trying to stand up now that the near-yearling had begun to approach him. "I scream for fun all right... It's a blast." He tipped his head back as he found his three legs beneath him; his injured left paw remained elevated above the ice. "AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAaAaAaA!!" he all but mocked an actual scream, his tone acidic in his throat. "AAAAASCREAMING IS SO FUN! AAA!!" He wasn't as loud as he should have been, but it was obvious in his tone that he had had enough of the teasing.

"I slipped," he half-growled as he reeled his dramatic side back in. "I jammed my elbow, what else ya want? O' course I'd scream if I hit my gods-damned elbow. It friggin' 'urts! You'd scream too." For good measure, he tossed out, "You'd probs scream fer yer mom."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall

He couldn't help but laugh when the older male began to scream to display the fun of it. Bojay was getting a show and he hadn't had to do anything for it. What a treat. He wished @Sterling was here to see this or even @Maeve. Why he could give this ivory-bellied male a whole audience to scream to.

The Lyall thought he had got his laughs under control but then the older wolf dared to land a verbal jab.

"You'd probs scream fer yer mom."

And the russet Lyall lost it, his rear hitting the ground as wheezy laughter filled the space between them. Who was this guy? Did he even know his mother? "If I cried and call for my Ma over a bumped elbow then she'd give somethin' to really cry 'bout." He managed to squeeze the words out between laughing, his lungs begging for air. This guy was a real hoot.

Despite his wild child antics, Bojay wasn't all bad. So when his laughter ceased he was prepared to offer some sort of olive branch. "I can help ya back, though. Think I even remember somethin' that might help with the pain. If it still hurts."

(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2018, 08:46 PM by Bojay.)