Google, Sophrosnia, Bing

I'm caught up in the middle of it all — Renegades Vigil 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn

we watch as our young hearts fade into the flood
Treyah Tainn

Treyah really didn't have the luxury of wandering off, but she couldn't stay in the Draw either. Not after all that had happened. It still made her sick to her stomach and while the mountain may have been calling her to search for her missing father, she knew now for certain that that expedition would have to wait. Instead, with a heavy sigh she had made for the marsh, or maybe she was aiming for the Cedarwood? If she didn't keep herself in check her paws might carry her further yet and it was only a tightening around her middle, like a rubber band stretched to the point of snapping back or breaking that she finally looked up to see just how far she had come.

A lone cedar tree rose up on the edge of the marsh, bringing her pale brows down in worry. She almost felt as if she was intruding, but it did look like good place to stop and rest. The Tainn paused to draw a breath before stepping closer, she couldn't smell any claiming markers, still she moved cautiously, finally tucking herself against the trunk of the ancient tree, turning so that her back was resting against the trunk with her head looking out across the Marsh. She wasn't even two yet. What the hell was she meant to do with the mess she had been left with?

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
After the incident with hitting his funny bone earlier in the afternoon, Niles' steps had become a little too careful. His movements were slower, his usual lumbering gait slowed to nearly a foot-dragging stroll. He was definitely going to avoid iced-over areas now; though, with Spring on the rise, that was surely not going to be a problem for long. His arm still hurt, but at least he could put weight on it - it wasn't like he had jammed it or it was broken (for as much as he knew, anyway).

Having shaken off his nephew, he found himself on his own with half a mind to shadow Marisol to wherever she hid out in the Scowle. On the flip side, Niles found a new peace in his solitude. He was talking again. He could feel things again. The place where Castel had been was finally on the mend and he no longer missed her as much as he had when he had first left the Vale. He saw now that there was so much more when he chose to live in the present. Speaking of, what was this?

His paws had wandered, perhaps a little farther than he would have liked, but in standing before a lone cedar tree, he saw her there. A single woman who only had eyes for the Marsh. As to not scare her, he cleared his throat. She was about his size and, if he could only admit it to himself, quite pretty. He stuttered, "Hi-i."
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

The greeting hadn't been expected and her head snapped towards its source, eyes wide with surprise before she mustered up half a smile, doing her best to mask the sadness in it as her tail thumped the snow in a friendly manner. She wondered if perhaps she had been right about intruding in the first place. "Uh-hi," She responded, pushing herself back up onto her feet, "Sorry if I shouldn't be here," her head dipped apologetically, "been a bit wrapped up in my own head, so-I-uh, sorry." It was only then that she noticed the scents of others on his coat. She had thought they were all that was left west of the river."Do you live around here?"

Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
She acknowledged him with a (partial) smile and a wave of her tail. That had to be good, right? Niles offered his own smile, keeping his stance casual and his ears relaxed. He meant her no harm and had truly not meant to startle her. Either way, she stood up, apologizing as though she had taken up residence in a place she was not meant to be... like Niles had owned the place.

One of his ears turned to the side as she mentioned that she had been caught up in her head. He shrugged, glancing over to where the Marsh had started to thaw. "Yeah, I live 'round here," he revealed, "but you're fine. You're not, like, trespassing or anything. It's all right. No foul in just wanting a quiet place to think."

Again, his tail wagged. As courtesy would have it, he came a little closer so he didn't have to literally bark at her. He chose a spot by the water line so that he could allow her some space and they could have what could hopefully be a decent conversation - like the one he and Mari had by the Weir. His brows furrowed for a moment; boy, he couldn't stop thinking about her, could he? He gave a sigh as he looked out past her to the tree at her back, "And, you, d'you live 'round here?"
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

It was hardly a surprise that they had no idea of their newest neighbours with all that had been going on, but with the opportunity before her to learn a little more, the tight feeling around her middle loosened a little and her smile grew more genuine. She stepped over the sprawling roots to join her new companion down by the waters edge. She was quick to drop her guard knowing it had never caused her problems before now. "Yeah, I lead a pack in the wildwood, Charred Ash Draw... or what's left of it anyway." After my mother vanished my dad's tracks got lost in an avalanche. She kept the latter to herself, trying to keep her tone upbeat like it was no big thing, after all, her parents absence was the least of her problems right now. "I'm Treyah by the way, Treyah Tainn." She allowed herself a sideways peek at her companion now that they were closer up, she had gotten so used to wolves being smaller than her that there was something comforting about his height... and he didn't smell too bad either. She quickly diverted her gaze back across the water. How embarassing would it be if he noticed her checking him out?

Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
He took a seat, wordlessly showing her that he would potentially enjoy her company. It was nice to be alone, but as Mari - oh, there she was again, skittering across the forefront of his mind - had shown him, it wasn't all bad to have someone to talk to once in a while. The rogue did live around here, he learned, but she was no rogue. In fact, she was a Leader of someplace called Charred Ash Draw and, by the sounds of it, it was suffering in numbers.

Her tone lilted in his ears but he didn't even think to question it; he, himself, thought now that he wasn't the only one that sounded this way. It was tiring to be happy all the time - these days, at least. Upon hearing her name, though, he gave a slight dip of his muzzle, a nod of acknowledgement. Treyah Tainn. He would have to remember that, maybe relay this information to his sister (who can then pass it on to Celandine).

He met her gaze for the briefest of moments, not even noticing how quickly she averted her own eyes back to the water. His eyelids fluttered, unsure of where he ought to stare. Ultimately, he followed her sights to the Marsh. "I'm Niles Lyall," he focused on some withered patches of grass in the shallows. "I'm from Pookastone Scowle." No one ever told him not to divulge their whereabouts as a pack but, then again, it wasn't like he was recruiting either. "The trees are suffocating there and having the Lagoon nearby is nice, but it isn't like it is out here. It isn't quiet or still." There was a failed attempt at a smile; he figured he'd just casually prove that Treyah had found a more-than-decent place to enjoy a bit of solitude.