449 Users Online
Bing, Nadine, Google, Apollo, Adelard

Once upon a time there was a man — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
@Lilya

It was a small break in the weather but one that gave the pale healer hope that winter would be over soon. He'd left the territory early that morning in hopes of bringing back something from the caches. With the pack having grown so much they had many more mouths to feed. They would also be adding a little of pups in just a couple short months and their mother needed to be kept fed. He'd tracked a rabbit for a few hours before he finally caught up to it and after a short chase he was able to secure it.

With it's limp body hanging from his jaws the pale healer carried back to the surge and crossed the border. He would bring it to one of the caches before setting off for another duty or perhaps some herb hunting. As he was digging into the cache though his ear flicked at a sound, one of an approaching wolf. He quickly finished the job before turning to face whoever it was.

Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

She really was making an effort, to meet the newer wolves of the pack and have a true one-on-one conversation with most of them… Jynx and Emrys were no exceptions. Lachesis knew them from the past, and that was about all she had gathered about them. She knew that things at the meeting might not have gone down as planned, but the bear that came so soon after had only affirmed that her call had been made correctly. She actively sought him out, looking around and following scent trails to find him.

It appeared she was heard before she was seen, him burying something in a cache as she offered him a smile. Hi Emrys. She greeted, her tail waving softly behind it. It was a more casual interaction, and there was no need for theatrics. Everything was fine. I was hoping to talk to you, so I could get to know you a little better. She wanted to be able to say she knew and understood everyone in her pack.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He'd only just gotten his catch buried when the sound of another was heard. He wasn't worried about it being a threat since he was in surge territory so he expected it to be one of his pack mates. Whether he knew them or not was another thing entirely since he'd not had the chance to meet them all, at least not formerly. He supposed he should at some point but without knowing if he would be staying he wasn't sure there was a point.

It seemed that the female lead had a different idea, she was the one that he'd heard. “Hello, Lilya.” Even though they hadn't had a chance to speak one in one before he knew her name and her face. He was curious what she'd come for and he had taken notice of her scent so perhaps she was in need of help. He soon found out when she spoke about getting to know him better. “Of course. I have time we can talk now. Is there anything in particular you would like to know?” He figured they could start there and see where the conversation went. He wouldn't mind getting to know her a little better as well.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

Lilya enjoyed social situations, even if she was rather awkward during them… she felt they helped her develop more character, which was something someone could never have too much of. Emrys greeted her and she gave him a soft smile. He was open to talking, which was good – though she wasn’t sure if he was just generally an open person or if it was because of the rank she held. Ah was wonderin’ ‘bout yer skills, what ya like ta do… Ah just like ta generally get ta know th’wolves in ma pack. It did not matter how long they stayed.

Of course, she didn’t particularly like people leaving them, but she also understood that it happened. There wasn’t much she could do about it other than go along with it. She didn’t know much about Emrys or Jynx, and they were quite the elusive pairing in her mind, but hopefully, that would change with time.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Having been an alpha he understood the desire to want to know more about those that served under him. So when Lilya approached him stating she wanted to get to know him better he was open to answering her questions. What she asked first was to get expected especially after her announcement in the meeting. “Of course,” he said expressing his understanding of what she was doing.

“I'm a healer,” he told, “I started learning as a pup with my mother and have continued to learn and practice until I became leader of White Fir Notch. I'm hoping to get back into it now that I'm here.” It was probably more than she needed to know but she had said she wanted to get to know him better. Besides he figured Lachesis might have mentioned something about he and Jynx and where they'd come from.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Lilya listened intensely. A healer. That was good. She often wondered with how large the pack had grown if Lachesis was prepared for the treatment of multiple wolves at the same time along with leading. It was good to know he had backup so he did not have to constantly fret... granted, she knew he would fret no matter how much backup he had. "Ah 'ope so too." She offered - she did not wish sickness or injury on anyone in the pack, but she knew it was also inevitable. Things happened, and that was a fact of life.

"Ah imagine it ain't ah easy thing ta do 'cause of th'cold." She mused aloud, knowing the cold weather was not kind to plants and even some of the more resilient plants could ot survive the harsh environments.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys explained a little of his background to the alpha female as it pertained to the skills that he had. He hoped to become the healer for Driftwood but at the time being he wasn't sure he was ready. If needed he would if course step up but it was still such a short time since everything that had happened. “I will be able to really get back into it once spring arrives,” he assured. Emrys couldn't wait for the day the snow melted.

He shook his head and smiled, “No not easy but until the snow melts I have been getting to know the land around us and making note of where I think herbs would grow. I can harvest them later once they have emerged.” It would be a quicker process as he'd learned before. He'd never forgotten the lessons taught to him by his mother.

(This post was last modified: Apr 26, 2018, 04:51 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

His words confirmed her suspicions – herbs weren’t her thing, but they were her husband’s so she’d picked up a thing or two. Hell, for the longest time, while at the Hearthwood, she’d spent her nights in the medicinal den with him, keeping him company and him her to try and battle off their demons in the dark. She offered him a soft smile as she nodded. “M’glad we’re gonna be in such capable ‘aws with m’mate so busy.” He had always managed to balance leading with the children and the arts of being a healer, but it was nice to know that Emrys was there to help if it became too much.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys was looking forward to the time when he could actually collect the plants he was searching for. He was patient having had to wait every year since he was able to collect them on his own he'd learned to be. The former alpha smiled at her words. “I'm looking forward to the chance to work with and help Lachesis. I hope that I can offer the same care to the pack as Lachesis has.” He had confidence in his own skills but the question was would the pack have the same confidence in him? He was sure that he would have to prove himself which would take time.