(See All?) Announcements
395 Users Online

Say it's over, say I'm dreaming — Cut Rock River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Anyone and everyone. Takes place mid afternoon, mildly cold and sunny.

The lore was a big place and sometimes In a found herself having trouble deciding which way to go next. She'd travel this way for awhile and then turn and go another way for awhile. So many places to see, wolves to meet and she was free from all the things that had held her back in the past. There was one thing, she carried tiny lives inside of her and like her daughter very much an accident. One day she would tell them if their birth and of their father but for now that all could wait.

There was something on her mind however and that was finding a den location. Had she been back in Hearthwood she could wait but now she had a plan. In the days after she'd found out she had thought long an hard and she was sure this plan would ensure the survival of her pups.

She found herself in a place she'd once been before a long time ago. At the time she'd didn't know of the stories attached to it or the fact that had things gone differently she could have been born there. Inna stepped lightly through Cut Rock River investigating the area as she looked for the den she knew that to be there.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Veho continued to linger in the cedar woods. Not necessarily where Grizzly Hollow used to stand, not exactly, but in the general vicinity. He liked it here. As far as he could tell, Felix was happy enough. Comfortable. The aches and pains didn’t seem to plague him as badly. And if Mouse and Rook decided to follow, well – surely this was the first place they’d look.

The man hummed to himself as he trotted, perhaps intentionally following the scent of a stranger, perhaps not. Something whispered in his ear and he turned, spying the shadow of the wolf. A solid one, not a spirit.

“Why are you digging? What did you bury?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

As she'd walked through the lands that had once belonged to her parents she wondered if it might be a good place to raise the children growing inside her. They were hers and she wanted to make sure they were raised well even if she didn't have the safety of a pack to raise them in. She had to do it on her own, even if she wanted to join a pack she knew none would accept her now. She could do it on her own.

The sound of approaching footfalls caught her attention very quickly. She turned quickly to find a tawny man approaching her. The questions he asked caused her head to tilt in confusion. “I haven't buried anything nor am I digging,” she said as she took a step toward him. Inna was curious about this man and wanted to get a better look at him. “What brings you here?” She asked wondering if he might he looking for a den too.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
Veho laughed softly.  Of course she wasn’t actually digging.  That’d be too obvious.  But she was clearly digging.  She wouldn’t be in these woods if she weren’t.  (And it was the same, really, for Felix.  For Nineva.  For all these wolves.  They were all the same.  Even Veho couldn’t cut himself out of that crowd.)

The silver wolf did a little jig on his front paws, head shaking back and forth in his merriment.  Pale eyes twinkled like twin moons.  “I think you are.  Maybe you have just not found what you are digging for yet.”

He hummed, allowing the dark female close before skittering sideways again, eyes sweeping over the forest he once so loved.  “I am just passing through.  It was all mine, once.  But time takes all things, it certainly does.  And I am just a wolf, now.”

Just a wolf.

As they all were.  Death came for you, surely as it did any other animal amongst the trees.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Loved the mood music.

She was surprised by his laugh as she hadn't been expecting it but it brought a smile to her face. It felt like it had been a long time since she'd smiled and it felt nice to do it. He hadn't taken what she'd said badly but as he spoke she realized that she misunderstood what he'd meant.

She did have to admit that he seemed a rather happy wolf and she could feel herself catching in to his happiness. “Maybe I am,” she finally agreed with a smile, “I haven't found what I'm looking for. Maybe you could help though?” Since it was probably rather obvious to anyone who could smell her she didn't see what she couldn't share and maybe get some help.

He went in to explain that he was visiting and that the forest had once been his. She found that rather interesting information. “Time does take all things,” she agreed, “And like you I too am just a wolf. You had a pack here?” She finally asked.

Her mind went back to the stories that Lachesis had told her about her father and cut rock river. She wondered what this wolf might know since he had once had all of this.

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
“Just south, just so.”

It was refreshing, the wolf realized, not to be faced with the constant pity he’d come to associate with his son.  With other wolves who’d lived in Grizzly Hollow whilst he had.  Whether or not this was self-induced…

It is, a voice sighed softly, and he glanced over, one ear flicking.  Oisin he found to be a voice of reason since her passing; it was sad that she’d joined the pantheon, too, but here she was.  Far more solid than his parents were, typically, though less biased than Borden often was.  The man still had trouble deciding if he wanted to take the old Lyall’s words at face value.  He watched the flickering spirit, but it had nothing else to say to him, so he hummed, and turned starlit eyes back to the wolf in the land of the living.  “It wasn’t mine to start.  I came upon it, quite by accident.  Never intended to stay – and was an alpha for seasons and seasons.  Wolves came and went, came and went.  Time takes all things.”

He sighed, shaking his head.  “We buried my daughter here, somewhere.  But I cannot quite find her.”  It was easier now, to talk about Ophelia without the crushing weight of sadness that came with the memory of her death.  At least she’d died surrounded by wolves who loved her.  At least she was comforted in her final moments.  “I expect maybe she does not want to be found.  But she was always like that, contrary.”
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Just south, her gaze went in that direction for a moment as she thought of Hearthwood. It was gone now after her parents death Lachesis had tried to make it his own. She supposed she couldn't blame him for leaving. After everything she'd lost any desire to lead a pack let alone be in one.

She knew that she would be better off in a pack with the little lives growing inside her but she couldn't bring herself to endure it again. Maybe one day but not now when she had a solid plan to make sure her children survived. Perhaps she would end up in the same situation as the man had been in. “Why did you stay if you didn't intend to?” She didn't understand why he would but she nodded at the last part he spoke. “It was a hard lesson to learn wolves coming and leaving over and over. Those that you live and those that you don't know so well. Sometimes it feels like it takes a part of you every time it happens.” He said it again, time takes all things and she couldn't agree more. Time has taken so much from her.

Her gaze went to her paws as he spoke of his daughter. “I'm sorry, I can't imagine having to go through such a thing. If you would like some help finding her I would be glad to give it.” The thought of having to bury Oksana caused her chest to tighten. She hoped that she would never have to go through that. She smiled as he spoke if how his daughter could be, it reminded her of Oksana. “How do you know that she doesn't want to be found?”

Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
“Because I love him.  And then I loved them.”

All of them.  The masked man, and then his family, and then everyone else, even as they came and went.  It wasn’t in him to turn them away, nor was it in him to resent them, even after anything.  Even Ophelia’s murderer – she’d taken him to the grave with her, after all.  Time takes all things, his sister reminded him, and the wolf sighed.  He couldn’t argue…  Well, there was several reasons, the most important being that one should not argue with their sisters, and another being that arguing with spirits was a futile exercise at best, but also that he agreed with that sentiment in particular.

“I could never blame them.  I did not want to be tied, either – but I let someone ...someones... put a noose on my heart.  Gladly.”

Being angry just wasn’t in him.  Not at any of them, not for what they did or didn’t do.  Not even at himself, anymore.  That’s a good change, at least, she reasons, and Veho hummed, agreeing.  His ear twitched and he glanced back over at the dark stranger.  Oh, yes.  He was wandering, that’s what Felix called it.  “Hm, Ophelia?  I speak with my Ancestors regularly – she has not made an appearance.  I thought, perhaps, she was caught where we buried her.  She wasn’t where she died.  But it is as I said, she was always a contrary one.  Perhaps benign Ancestor wasn’t a role she wanted to fill after death.” 
(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 11:50 PM by Veho.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Love.

“It can make you do things you do things that you wouldn't otherwise do.”

It was a powerful thing and made one do things that were very out of character. It was love that had forced her to accept that she was no longer welcome in the pack. It was love that sent her daughter away from her and so many other things. The past year had been about love for her family and the pack and a man who she realized only recently didn't deserve her. It was all in the past now. She was starting a new life where she could hopefully make something better than what she'd had in the past. The pain and grief, all of it was slowly ebbing away from her and in time she hoped that it would be gone for good.

She smiled as he spoke putting things in such a way she could completely agree. “It can be a gift or a curse and for you it sounds like it was a gift.” For her she wondered if she'd ever been loved by anyone besides her mother and her daughter. For if she had could she have been so easily thrown away?

While she could see his point of view very clearly it was not the same for her. She knew a lot if what had happened had been partially her fault and she had owned up to it. The rest of it was the fault of those she'd loved and they failed to recognize their part in her downfall. She could blame them.

The anger she had felt was there underneath it all but what good would it do to keep it at the surface. She found only hope that time would have the same effect it did on secrets. A glance was spared to her abdomen and wondered how long the truth of the lives growing inside her could be kept. Her fiery gaze was turned back in the man as he spoke if his daughter and the ancestors. Her mother had spoken of them being in the stars, she wondered if he believed the same. She nodded at his question “I hope that you find her maybe she's waiting for the right time to make her appearance to you?” Maybe Ophelia didn't think he was ready to see her yet.

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2018, 05:42 PM by Inna.)