(See All?) Announcements
411 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing, Clover, Viorel, Sophrosnia

Welcome to the new age. — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
For @Lachesis and @Rory I am back! Backdated for 03-10-2018 Hope that is okay if not I will change it to a more suitable timeframe. Thoughts. Speech.

It had been a hard run back to the pack, and Alvar had needed to stop several time in the night because of the cold. Wind in winter was not pleasant. He was now near the border of the territory, the sun was... as up as it would get. The air was crisp and chilled his nose. The river was still flowing, and had ice crystals around the sides.

Alvar knew he was not going to improve his chances of getting accepted if he just waited here, so he steeled his nerve and called out... "Lachesis! Rory! DRIFTWOOD SURGE!" He then sat down and looked at the marmot he had brought with him, it was still fresh after a night in the cold. And the smell was still amazing. Alvar found himself unable to sit still, it was finally happening! He was finally getting a chance at being a member of the pack!
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His ears twitched as the call rang out through the Surge territory—calling for both him and Rory. A frown tugged at his mouth as he recognized the voice, his legs unfolding from beneath him. With a heavy sigh he abandoned his perch on the rocky outcrop above the river and headed toward the borders, his plume raised high above his back.

He was a little surprised to see the agouti male at his borders so soon and was curious as to whether the loner had accomplished what Lachesis had asked of him. Even so, it did not guarantee him a position in the pack. The Driftwood ranks had swelled over the recent weeks and the ghost feared the children would not have a place in them once they reached their first birthday. They were more important than strangers.

Alvar, he greeted as he approached the edge of the borders, his chartreuse gaze sweeping from the younger male to the body of the marmot at his paws. Not a bad catch. But was it good enough for the Stark? He did not speak further, instead he refocused his attention on the loner as he waited for @Alvar to explain himself. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Here goes nothing. Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar was shocked to see that he did not have to wait long for @Lachesis to show up at the border. He was looking as though Alvar had disturbed him from something relaxing. After Lachesis greeted Alvar, he seemed to look over the Marmot, as though he was judging it. Soon He was facing the young agouti male, as though expecting him to say something. "I have come back to present my gift to you, Lachesis. I hope you find it adequate and take my ability to hunt and return in that little time into account." He bowed to show his respect.

"Please work." He thought to himself. It was crucial that he make a good impression. His entire ability to survive could be hanging in the balance. He thought quickly and soon decided what he needed to say. It may or may not work but it was all he had. He looked up carefully, trying to not make eye contact with him, and said... "I hope that all are well in the pack. And If you should decide that I am worthy to join your pack, I will lay down my life for them if need be." He then subtly turned his head a small bit o that Lachesis could see the marmot scratch he had received the day before.
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2018, 06:35 PM by Alvar.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The limp marmot at the loner’s paws did prove that he was capable of hunting; therefore, a worthy addition to the pack. But was there room for the tawny male? It was something he had been considering since their last meeting—whether there would be enough room for him to join the Driftwood ranks. Both Mathéo and Caelean had earned their places in the Surge—even the latter, who was one of the newer additions to the river pack. They deserved a place in the adult ranks. Lachesis worried that if this male joined them there wouldn’t be room for the cubs once they reached their first birthday. He couldn’t sacrifice their positions in the pack for a wolf he did not know, regardless of his talents or promised loyalty. There were many deserving packs in the area that would gladly accept the agouti into their ranks, as long as he proved himself the same way he had done for Lachesis.

I appreciate the gift, he responded after a brief pause, his expression neutral as he regarded the loner before him. I do not doubt your abilities or your promised loyalty, he added, his chin tipping to the side, but unfortunately I cannot accept you into Driftwood. There are limited positions left in the pack and they have already been promised to the youth. He paused, allowing room for Alvar to digest the information before he continued: There is a pack north-west of here. in the lowlands. Wild Rye Fields. Seek them out. Demonstrate what you have shown me today. He did not know how well the pack was fairing after Drestig’s disappearance and the absence of both Reyes and Askan, but he figured they could use another set a paws in their ranks. 

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Okay then, His loss. XD Do you mind if we finish this thread tonight? Make another post and I will end it. Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar listened with eagerness in his heart as @Lachesis said about his appreciation for the gift, and his lack of doubt for Alvar's loyalty. Alvar grew restless under his pelt, it was working as far as he was concerned. "The life of a pack member, It will finally be mine." He thought to himself as he listened further, anticipation swelling through him like a river.

He closed his eyes in preparation for Lachesis's final decision. His mind raced, heart pounding, tail flailing like a tree in the wind, it was just there, just ahead of him jus- "I cannot accept you into Driftwood Surge." Alvar's eyes looked down in utter shock, tail held low in shame, his ears lowered slowly, he was horrified, that was it, he was not getting into the pack. He looked up at Lachesis and said his piece. "But why not, you can expand the territory a little, I can hunt for the yearlings, I will do more work than anyone else, Please I beg of you."
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A soft frown graced his features at the loner’s reaction. Lachesis knew that Alvar wasn’t going to take the rejection easily—especially after he’d asked the loner to prove himself. He was pleased that the agouti had returned, with proof of his hunting abilities, but he could not offer Alvar a position in his pack. Not now. They had increased in size after the move and grown bigger than he’d ever anticipated, but he had to ensure there was room for the cubs. The future of Driftwood. He couldn’t let a stranger take that away from them. If they wanted to leave the pack Lachesis would respect their decision, but he wanted that to be on their own accord. Not because a loner had swiped their place in the ranks. I wish it was that simple, he responded sadly, his tail sagging slightly, but I cannot expand the territory. Not without angering the neighbouring packs. I do not doubt that you would be a worthy addition to the pack, but I can’t accept you. Not at this time. He offered the loner a sad smile. I wish you the best of luck, Alvar. I really do. He took a step back, dismissing himself from the conversation. There was nothing left for him to say.

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thanks @Lachesis! He will be a bit of a character. And he will expect Lach to hold to his one demand. :)

Alvar heard the pale-furred male as he explained himself, and he had a point, there was no way to expand just like that. Alvar sighed and sat down to think. "He wishes me the best of luck huh? Easy to say when you aren't the one who is being cast out, and this pack called Wild Rye Fields? How does he know they wont cast me out as well?" He thought long and hard about this, the shock on his face turning to anger.

"Well then, it is clear I wont change his mind, so there is only one thing for me to do..." He then threw himself to the ground and planted his neck on the marmot, this was going to look ridiculous, but he needed to do it if he was to keep from ripping this leader's throat out.

He got up and shook off. He then looked at Lachesis in a stern manner, as if suggesting that he was not a leader to him, but an equal. He picked up the marmot and lay it at the other's paws. "Listen to me VERY carefully. This is Rory's, and hers alone. Make sure she gets it." He turned to leave, walking up to a rock so that he was looking down towards Lachesis. "And when you give it to her, tell her that if she ever needs someone to help her, I will be waiting for her with open paws. Let my meaning sink in Lachesis! I will wait for her, mark my words." He gave a menacing look and ran off in the direction of Wild Rye Fields.
(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2019, 01:06 AM by Alvar.)