1,024 Users Online
Google, Bing

[BWP] the boys are back — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer

Them wild-eyed boys that had been away haven't changed that much to say

He’d found his way to the lake, and once he had it was a simple matter of wandering until he had found the borders of the pack… and once he had, he could smell his Uncle’s scent. It was strong, no surprise there. Lachesis had been leading, and Karpos knew what that was like, especially for wolves like them. He let out a strong call, specifically summoning the man and hoping that he hadn’t been gone too long where Lachesis might have forgotten what he sounded like… then that might just be embarrassing. He took a seat, hovering close to the scent line, perhaps too close if it had been any other pack other than the one where the remainder of his family resided.

He put a soft smile on his features, though there was a tinge of sadness in his eyes. He’d told Natalie all about Lachesis, and hoped that one day they would have been able to meet… but it had never happened and it was too late now. The idea left a bittersweet taste in his mouth… he needed to recover and move on… it’s what she would want… but he was finding it more difficult with each passing day.

(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2018, 05:09 AM by Lachesis.)
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Due to the nature of the season Lachesis had been sticking close to the Surge; monitoring the borders and keeping an eye on his subordinates. Hovering was a better way to describe it, but XIX couldn't help it. Occasionally he wondered if he and Lilya had made the right decision by claiming breeding rights for the season. He knew it was, but he was curious what would have happened if they had allowed their subordinates to have free reign. He and Kisla hadn’t established anything the year prior—all three of Hearthwood’s litters had been unexpected. Lachesis and his blue-eyed mate had wanted to avoid the same situation and keep things under control; organized chaos. Especially since there was barely enough room for the previous years’ children now that they were nearing their first birthdays.

His brows snapped together at the call, his steps slowing as he was pulled out of his thoughts. It wasn’t possible. He started forward, slowly at first, his pale features wrinkled with confusion before he took off in a sprint. Fortunately he hadn’t been too far from the borders—all that hovering was good for answering border calls.

A familiar dark shape greeted him at the edge of the Driftwood territory. His pace slowed as he studied the male in disbelief, his chartreuse gaze sweeping over the ghost of his past. XIX couldn’t remember the last time he’d seen the Slayer. It had been far too long, he knew that. So long that Lachesis felt as though he was dreaming, as he wasn’t sure he’d ever see his nephew again. Huh, he greeted, a crooked grin sprawling across his handsome features, you’re looking a little grey, Karpos. It sounded like something Askan would say to him—maybe the grumpy edge lord was rubbing off on him. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer

Them wild-eyed boys that had been away haven't changed that much to say

He chuckled at Lachesis’s words, relieved to come face to face with the family member he’d arguably been closest to throughout his life. “I could say the same about you, Uncle.” Despite the joy he felt to see his uncle, there was sadness hinting at the edges of his features. It’d been a long time, and arguably Karpos hadn’t made it out entirely whole… as if he ever did. “I ran into my mum… she told me you were here, leader of the pack and all.” He explained with a grin at him, tail wagging playfully behind him. Lachesis had done good for himself, though Karp knew he didn’t know the full story yet.

The healer seemed more at peace with himself. Karp could remember the days when his uncle was a stutterer who could barely get a sentence out – and yet, he was still one of the bravest wolves Karpos had ever actually known. “I’d argue we have a lot of catching up to do… a lot has changed the past couple years.” He wanted to know all about what had happened with his uncle, why they moved the pack… everything.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Mum—Anastasia! But why hadn’t the advisor told him of their encounter? Perhaps it had happened recently, otherwise he was sure the blue-eyed dove would have informed him. They had practically raised the dark Slayer together after they had stumbled upon the territory that would eventually be called Pitch Pine Trail after they claimed it alongside the boy’s father, Shade. … leader of the pack and all. It was still a strange concept to the ghost, for he had never envisioned this life for himself. He’d always been comfortable at Maksim’s side, acting as the former patriarch's right-paw and keeping an eye on the subordinates. Leading, however, was a different story. He was far more comfortable in his role now than he had been before, but he had Lilya to thank for that. She had helped build up his confidence and he wouldn’t choose to lead alongside anyone else (aside from Kisla, of course, who had been the ghost’s backbone before his mate was given the position). You go first, he hummed as he folded his hindquarters against the ground, a faint smile still tracing his pale features. Tell me what you’ve been up to.

Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer

THEM WILD-EYED BOYS THAT HAD BEEN AWAY HAVEN'T CHANGED THAT MUCH TO SAY

He told him to go first and the hints of Karp’s grin were tinged in sadness. “A lot has happened… both good, and bad.” He started as the boy took his seat in front of perhaps the most important figure in his life – the one wolf he’d been able to count on to never run off on him. “I left the Lore… looked for Adsi but I couldn’t find her, and around March is when I met Natalia.” The mention of her name brought that melancholy smile to his features. “I loved her, Lach… I loved her more than anyone.” But all good things could not last, especially not for the Slayer man who found himself going through multiple crucibles because of his own stupid decisions and his faults.

“We had kids… founded a pack… but this past winter she died protecting the territory… her injuries were infected and she passed on.” It was funny almost, because it was the exact way he had lost his dad. He knew as soon as it had started to set in that she was going to die, and the healer confirmed it… at least he’d gotten to say goodbye. “Soo I left… came back to where things made sense and I wasn’t constantly reminded of her. My son is leading with his mate in my stead.” It was weird to think of how much his own children had grown… it was strange.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The corners of his mouth twitched as his nephew (more like brother now, considering they had both {somehow} become adults) responded to his question, his hindquarters reclining against the ground. First he spoke of Adsi, his littermate, who remained missing, but that didn’t surprise the pale Stark. She had disappeared so long ago that Lachesis doubted he’d ever see her again—or that Karpos would, either. However, the dark Slayer mentioned a name that the ghost did not recognize, which refocused his thoughts. Natalia. But Lachesis did not have to wait long for an explanation—a mate. Karpos’ mate. Unfortunately, with the younger male’s chosen words and sullen expression Lachesis knew that his tale wasn’t going to have a happy ending. Otherwise Karpos would not have returned to the lands of Lore.

I’m sorry, he responded, his voice soft as his expression wrinkled, his ears sweeping back against his skull. He couldn’t imagine losing a mate—Lilya in particular. Other females had come and gone, disappointing the Stark and breaking his heart more than once, but the blue-eyed sparrow was different; she hadn’t left. They had built a life together—one that he cherished more than anything. He couldn’t imagine leading, or living, alongside another wolf. If she had not come along Lachesis did not know if he would have taken up a mate, either, as he had given up on the idea of being both a father and a husband before meeting her.

How many children did you have? He asked, his curiosity taking over as his chin tipped to the side. 

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Leaving it up to you whether or not we ignore the coyote prompt since with the thread date we don't have to follow it

THEM WILD-EYED BOYS THAT HAD BEEN AWAY HAVEN'T CHANGED THAT MUCH TO SAY

He’d gotten to a place that had been next to normal for a while, never quite being normal… but he’d gotten close. He didn’t respond to his uncle’s verbal attempts to relay his condolences, only nodding to him. It had been something he’d avoided talking about for so long. He asked how many children he had, and that brought hints of a smile to Karp’s features. “Eight beautiful children… honestly, I don’t know how you all ever put up with Adsi and I… not if we behaved like they did when they were still growing.” Fiercely independent individuals who liked to break the rules, he soon learned, was an accurate description for almost any pup.

He remembered when Natalia (Junior)had them worried sick because she’d disappeared and they hadn’t been able to find her, only to come back and announce she’d found her father’s homelands… “One of my daughters found her way here not too long ago… came back all excited about it even though she’d worried us half to death.” He gruffed softly, trying to hide his amusement. “Said she’d met Capella’s child..?” Karp could not help but wonder if his aunt and his uncle had made it work… that it had actually been their daughter… he had no idea.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
feel free to PP them walking toward the deer/encountering the coyotes :B @Karpos <3

Eight?! He could hardly restrain himself as his bottom jaw fell slack in surprise. Hell, Karpos had been busy since leaving the lands of Lore behind. He didn’t even have that many—only four and however many were growing inside of Lilya’s stomach. The ghost blinked, utterly dumbfounded by his nephew’s confession. Well, he had eight if he considered the Tainn children and the Slayer’s as his own (which he kind of did), but the litters had been widespread over the years. Shit. He didn’t know what else to say as it wasn’t the answer he’d been expecting.

A frown graced his pale features as his ebony friend spoke of his daughter visiting the Lore—only briefly, though. He would have liked to meet her, but it appeared the girl hadn’t made it to the lake (or the Kingswood, depending when her visit had taken place).

The Slayer continued to shock the ghost as he dropped a name that Lachesis hadn’t heard in years. A name he’d almost forgotten. … said she’d met Capella’s child…? So that’s what happened to the sunflower-eyed girl—she’d run off and met someone else. It didn’t matter. Not anymore. That ship had sailed long ago. He shook his head softly, the frown still present: I haven’t seen her in years. I didn’t even know she had children. He shrugged to show his indifference.

His nose twitched as the scent of sort of fresh meet reached him, carried toward them by a soft breeze. The ghost motioned for his dark nephew to follow him with a flick of his nose, his tail swaying gently behind him. I lead with my mate now: Lilya. This, he motioned to the trees behind them, is Driftwood Surge.

(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2018, 05:09 AM by Lachesis.)