826 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing

Some Prefer Nettles — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Backdated to 3/21. Takes place right after this thread.@Anastasia

The pale woman was behind him as he led her back to the surge. He'd made sure that she was following and the whole time he was mentally shaking his head. What had she been thinking leaving pack lands in her condition. He'd been careful not to let her have a piece of his mind right there in front of the male they’d just left.

Instead he waited until he was sure they were out if ear shot before whirling around to face her. He stopped right in her path ice blue eyes glaring, “And just what were you thinking?” He didn't really know her well enough to be going at her as he was nor did he have the rank but she had done something that could have jeopardized her place in the pack. She seemed like a nice girl so the last thing he wanted was to see her chased out. The fact that her scent was now overpowering didn't help matters either.

Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was a lot to recognize in the subtle yet strong silence that had placed itself between the two Surge wolves. She wasn't a fan of the dead and eerie quiet but she realized quickly that she deserved it... it wasn't smart at all and it was better that someone else tell her that she was dumb, stupid and ignorant than for XIX to tell her. At least, she figured that he might be forgiving for her but on the same paw she didn't want him to be easier on her just because it was her.

So when he spun around with his own blue eyes glaring, bolts of lightning shooting out from them, Anastasia stopped and lowered her head instinctively. Even though she was of higher rank than him, she recognized her stupidity. I know, she murmured, it was stupid. Foolish... There are no good excuses. Anastasia had never been one to pull excuse after excuse out of her bum for things that clearly didn't deserve them. Anastasia was not going to try and cover up the mistakes that she made nor argue that it was none of his business. Lachesis was her best friend and even if time had changed the both of them, she knew that he was still the most important person in her life. Yet, this could have very well screwed everything up for her.

Driftwood Surge was the best home that she could ask for and leaving the Surge, no matter the reason, was too risky. There were a lot of reasons to leave but it was better to shut those down than to be forced to leave and never return. I've never, um, been around anyone during this time? Anastasia had almost always been alone and by herself when this particular season hit besides the first time she had ever gone through the cycle. This time she had a hard time sitting around and pretending like there wasn't something going on.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He wasn't a man who angered easily and in fact her wasn't that angry with her now, he didn't know her well enough to be truly angry. He was irritated that she would do something that found get her into a lot if trouble. What if the man they'd met had tried to do something to her, what if Emrys hadn't been there? Would she have let her instincts get away with her? There were so many things that could have gone wrong in that situation he didn't even want to think about all of them. She was a pretty girl even he had noticed it and during this time of year she was most vulnerable.

As he spoke yesterday could see that maybe she already regretted the decision she'd made. As her words reached his ears it was clear she recognized the stupidity of it. He didn't know what was going through her mind but he didn't imagine it to be very pleasant. “Well at least we can agree in that. There aren't any excuses. I'm just glad I was there just in case.” Perhaps him being there was the reason things hadn't gone south. At least now she could return to the surge without having to worry about repercussions. “You’ll promise you won't do anything like that again?” He asked raising a brow. While she had no obligation to make that promise to him since they didn't know each other he still hoped she would.

The healer sat back in his haunches at her admission. It was safest that way he didn't get either of then into trouble with Lachesis. “What are you looking for?” He asked before he almost immediately felt he should take it back. He didn't though, instead he left it to hang in the air between them. Maybe she needed this, to talk about it and he was a good listener if nothing else. Perhaps talking about it would keep her from doing something like she had just done again.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Never in a million years would she have thought that she would be in this predicament. It had always been so natural just to wander off and seek peace elsewhere, especially when she wanted to branch out and make connections. With his scent on her it clearly was too hard to really do much of anything aside from chaining herself up within the confines of pack territory. It was probably good that this particular member was really forcing her to think about her dumb decisions.

With a deep exhale, Anastasia nodded. There was no doubt in her mind that she wasn't going to try and do anything like that again. Even if her legs did ache to venture. I promise, not that she specifically owed him a promise but it was more appealing to say it out loud as though she were also making the promise to herself. She didn't want negative consequences (like what had happened to Inna) and maybe one day in the future she could breach the subject of needing and wanting a family of her own. Her issue, still, was realizing that she was missing a solid factor: she didn't have the second half for keeps anyways.

Though, there was a solid block of confusion upon her face when he so cleverly asked what it was is that she was looking for. Anastasia hadn't known she had been looking for something nor if she looked as though she were. What do you mean? she asked, oblivious to whatever it was that he was referring to. There were a lot of things in life to look for but none that she was aware she was hinting at to others.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Despite having been around Jynx during her heat he still didn't think he could imagine what the females went through. He knew his mate was rather irritable during the season especially this one. It was different to be around a female that wasn't snapping at him to stay away from her. That to him was dangerous for her especially with makes she didn't know and there were plenty of them out there. He was glad that she realized that venturing away from the surge was not the best idea at the present time.

He hoped that by her promising him she would remain in the surge. He smiled when she made her promise, “Thank you,” he stated. Emrys hoped by making her promise he was also holding her accountable. By doing that maybe she would think twice about crossing outside the borders until her heat was over. She seemed like a girl who could keep a promise.

Then he felt he'd asked a question that could get them both in trouble. He noticed the confusion on her features as she asked what he meant. “What I mean is are you looking for someone to be around?” To him it would make sense for her to venture outside the territory if she was looking for someone and felt she couldn't inside Driftwood. He could be completely off in his guess but then why would she say something like that.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Truly, her word was honest and she didn't plan on making an escape any time soon. Driftwood would be safe for her and while she recognized this, she was sure that she could bite back the desire to simply move and run. After all, she had only just gotten her feet and will to really try not too long ago and now she was somewhat forced to stay within the boundaries of home. Seemed backwards.

Though, she wished that she could have avoided the awkward conversation that seemed to ensue no matter how confused she was by the initial question. He seemed to be asking in particular if she was looking for a particular dance partner, or that was what she figured. N-No, she stuttered awkwardly if only because she felt embarrassed talking about this with someone that didn't even have a name, I mean. I want someone but not... not right now. Not while there was a ban on subordinates having children or making them. While it wasn't a sure thing when doing that particular thing, she couldn't even bear the idea of risking it.

Only when thinking back to what she had said to get the original question going did she realize what he had mistaken her for. Oh! I meant that during this particular season I have always been on my own. No pack, no friends... always by myself. Was that where he was going with that?

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2018, 06:05 AM by Anastasia.)

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Once she promised not to do something like what she just had again he saw the matter as settled. He hoped that she could see all the different ways it could have gone wrong for her. That way it might help her to think twice about leaving the surge while her heat was still going on. He didn't want anything bad to happen to her even though he didn't know her at all. Perhaps he might just gave to keep an eye her along with Jynx.

The conversation had turned a little awkward and perhaps he was asking questions he really shouldn't be. He couldn't ignore the fact that she'd opened up and shared something with him that left him with questions. “Then may I ask if you aren't looking for someone now what were you doing?” Maybe she hadn't realized how dangerous it could be outside the surge for her. He hoped maybe asking her more calmly might be a little more productive in getting an answer.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Perhaps she shouldn't have said anything about anything, it only led to more questions that she felt rather unsure to answer. Awkward, too. She had never really had to tell anyone or had never felt the need to discuss this kind of topic with anyone. Not even Lachesis. I was a turtle be-before the move to the Surge. I never left, never talked to anybody and it made me leave once. She cleared her throat and looked down at the ground, a sigh releasing from her muzzle as she tried to catch her words before they spilled out unnecessarily. I was afraid that if I stayed cooped up then I'd go back to that. She gave another sigh. I don't want that. Anastasia wanted anything that wasn't reverting back into the turtle because she desperately wanted to keep staying in the Lore and didn't want to run anymore. She could deal with the changes that had been made and she had faith that she could earn back friends in time like the ones she had years ago. Sure, she couldn't go out and make them now but it'd be over soon... right?

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He was the one that was confused now by what she'd said so he was searching for some kind of clarification. Woman could be so confusing sometimes, he'd thought this about Jynx many times and now with this woman. He had to wonder if it was a trait that no matter where they came from women were always confusing. He listened as she explained to him what her life had been before the surge and what she had been thinking. Things were starting to fall into place in his kind anyway. “I can understand that, I haven't been very social myself since coming to the surge.” Though he'd had his own reasons that didn't change the fact that like her he'd stayed away from the rest of the pack. “I wouldn't want you to go back to that especially if your trying so hard not to.” Even putting herself in danger, “So I will make you a offer.” He wasn't sure if she would accept what he had in mind but he felt that maybe it would benefit them both and it was only for a short time anyway.