(See All?) Announcements
392 Users Online
Apolline, Oleander, Apollo, Bing, Google, Juniper

The Inheritance of Loss — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
@Piety Backdated to 3/17. This thread takes place right after this one.

She'd helped with the den digging but she honestly couldn't see the point of it if Lenae wasn't going to take care of herself. Cheedo had retrieved the rabbit she'd caught as her gift and apology but it wasn't for Lenae. Instead it was for Piety, she felt that she needed to come to her and tell her what happened between her and Lenae. If the shy woman would listen to anyone it would be their former leader.

She'd gone in search of her former leader so that she could explain and apologize for her behavior. It didn't take her very long to find her and when she approached cautiously and apologetically. Piety had been kind it her during the den digging but Cheedo didn't know if Lenae had told her or not. It was best she get it out before it ate at her. She gave a small woof around the rabbit she held in her jaws to get Piety's attention.

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
note to self: dated before cwt founding

She had been gazing out at the area, mulling over some things. All she truly needed was right here with her. What was holding her back from officially settling roots here?

Piety would have kept dwelling on the thoughts had a sound not interrupted her thoughts. It was a familiar voice, therefore she was not upset by the distraction. She stood up and turned around to face the smaller female. "Cheedo, good to see you." She rumbled the words with a warmth. The woman had - without a doubt - been the most loyal wolf around. The dove would always give her warmth to the blue-eyed female.

There were plenty of words balancing on the tip of her tongue, but the look in her eyes told Cheedo that the floor was hers.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

With the rabbit still held in her jaws Cheedo waited for the pale woman to acknowledge her. Her food ear flicking in nervousness at what would happen once she told what she'd done. The bad part about it was she couldn't feel regret for it besides that it had ruined her relationship with Lenae and possibly everyone else. She didn't know what would happen and that worried her.

p>When Piety turned and greeted her Cheedo saw the warmth there that was always present in the woman when she looked upon her. Would that still be there after her confession? The Agouti woman dipped her head before moving forward to place the rabbit on the ground at the former leaders paws. She then backed up and glanced up to Piety's eyes briefly before looking back at her paws. “I need to tell you what I did,” she stated before taking a deep breath. She then glanced quickly back to the woman. “I yelled at Lenae and she took it very badly.”

She then waited for Piety's reaction to what she'd just told her.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

A frown threatened to break her features at Cheedo's confession. Why would anyone yell at Lenae? The Selwyn hadn't been malicious as far as Piety knew and she had never heard the female talk above a normal speaking voice. Then again, Cheedo hadn't been the same either. What had provoked the blue-eyed wolf?

"Explain your actions." She stated far more coldly than expected. She wanted to be angry, worries telling her that any harsh motions might flush away the recovering Lenae had gone through. Piety loved the Selwyn dearly and could not fathom the idea of her returning to the Santoro damaged a third time. Surely Cheedo could understand her feelings. For the northern had been a timid shadow when they had first met. It had taken time to build confidence and strength.

Piety would not tolerate hostile behavior among members. There would be no exceptions.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

She'd said it, told Piety what she'd done. She knew how timid Lenae was she had been the same. So could she blame her for her reaction to being yelled at? Cheedo didn't she was just sad she'd lost a friend because she'd been so upset.

The Agouti woman visibly flinched and her body lowered toward the ground a little at the tone that was used with her. She had to explain, Cheedo hoped that once she had Piety might understand and be able to help Lenae to take care if her children properly. “I came upon her at the tarn and discovered she was pregnant. I tried to tell her and she ignored it. I feared that she would continue to ignore that she had pups inside her that needed to be taken care. I was worried and still am that she won't take care of herself and they will die. I became upset, all I could see were my own children…” she had to stop there and take a breath as tears began to fall down her cheeks. She looked up at Piety trying to gain her composure, “My children died before they could live and I had to make her see so the same thing didn't happen to her pups.”

She let her gaze drop to the ground after that not knowing what would happen. She knew she’d never spoken to Piety about her children and her recent actions. She understood how bad it all looked.

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

Her brown eyes watched as the smaller wolf lowered to the ground. She kept her stance strong and unwavering despite the emotional words that filled the air.

"I'm truly sorry to hear about your children but you shouldn't have pressed that upon her." A frown tugged sharply at her features as her tail hovered over her back. "If she's a first-time mother or not, do you understand what kind of fears you've filled her head with? The pure amount of stress that might fester in her now?" Her words were blunt and icy. "You cannot live vicariously through her, Cheedo. Lenae is her own wolf and whatever she does rests on her. We can only help so much." She hoped her words were understood clearly for if they happened to fall on deaf ears then Piety was not sure how much kinder she could be.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

She had thought that she had moved in from what had happened to her children. After they way she had acted toward Lenae and then speaking if it again in front of Piety. The emotions that washed over her. Cheedo was starting to question if she truly had accepted what had happened.

“Thank you,” she said quietly in response to the condolences she received but they were followed by a reprimanding. It didn't stop there as Piety went on to explain about the fears she could have instilled in the other woman. The pale woman's tone didn't change and only caused Cheedo to shrink into herself. Once Piety finished speaking she did look up to meet her eyes, “I understand. I know I handle it wrong, I should have been gentler or came straight to you. I know it doesn't justify my actions because I was Lenae once so I understand her reaction but I couldn't stop myself I’m just so worried. I understand that they are her pups and not mine but isn't there anything we can do? I don't want to see them die and I don't want Lenae to go through what I went through. She was my friend and I still care what happens with her.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2018, 02:45 AM by Cheedo.)