(See All?) Announcements
707 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley

so i bare my skin and i count my sins [m] — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The ghost didn’t get angry often; he tried to be level-headed when it came to most situations. Diplomatic. Reasonable. But he feared that it were these characteristics that gave others the impression to walk all over him. He was not going to stand for it anymore. It was why Lekalta had not been granted permission to return to Driftwood (along with the fact that there was hardly enough room for the children). Lorcán, too, had been dismissed after his second disappearance. Needing space was no longer a valid reason to the Stark. He understood needing time alone, but wanted to be told before the absence not after.

But this—this was inexcusable. It was the one fucking rule that he and Lilya had put in place for the spring. Breeding rights were exclusive to the leaders. It wasn’t a difficult concept.

The older male was quick to retreat, much to Lachesis’ relief. He wasn’t in the mood for a fight despite the anger that coursed through his veins. Anastasia seemed stunned by the ghost’s reaction, as expected. As far as she was concerned Aytigin had done nothing wrong. He was fending off a rogue that had stormed into the Driftwood territory in hopes of wooing Anastasia. Even Rory, who had promptly appeared after the peppered male’s departure, seemed shocked. Clearly the yellow-eyed girl wasn’t aware of what Aytigin had done beyond the Driftwood borders…

The apology fell upon disinterested ears. A snarl still pulled at his lips, exposing his ivory fangs as he observed his cowering guardian. Wasn’t sober? He didn’t want to hear excuses; he didn’t care. I’m going to accept any punishment you decide to give me. Another growl escaped his chest, filling he air between them as he took a threatening step forward. Leave, he commanded, his posture exuding dominance. It was an easy rule to follow. The only rule. His tail lashed out behind him as he spoke, his chartreuse gaze fixated on the large male. You can apologize all you want but it won’t change anything. You can leave yourself, with whatever dignity you have left, or I can remove you. That’s the only choice you get.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Permission given to skip @Anastasia

Aytigin was sure that nothing had ever hurt so badly in his entire life. His mother, Cottongrass, his leaving the gypsies... there was nothing that could have prepared him for this. His posture drooped down and his eyes closed for a moment before he steeled himself and forced himself not to break down entirely.

Part of him wanted to fight. To argue against Lachesis’ decision and to demand he remain in the pack. But that was something the old him would have done. Or maybe the old him would have just marched out of there with pride and dignity, feeling accomplished for the meaningless sex he’d indulged himself in earlier in the month.

He couldn’t remember what the old him would have done.

”I have no dignity,” he whispered, and, keeping his head low and his tail tucked, rose up so that he would be able to walk normally. ”I love you, Lach.” The ghost had been the only person he had been able to say that to since before his mother passed, and his voice choked as he said it this time. He looked over at Ana, and then his gaze lingered on Rory before he looked away, his breath hitching a bit in his throat. ”I... I love all of you. Please... stay safe,” the large wolf choked out, tears slipping down his muzzle as he turned and finally made his way through the trees, toward the edge of the territory.

ayti’s exit unless stopped
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was a distinct type of fear that coursed through her veins as she took in what was happening in front of her. In her time in the Surge, Anastasia had come to appreciate the guardian's presence and had seen him as a loyal individual built on trust and respect. After all, he had been the one to greet her and Lachesis when the leader had found her and had offered a nice detour from her. He had become the focus of the conversation which had, in hindsight, alleviated a lot of her own concerns off of her plate. It was unintentional, she was sure, but he had helped her adjust far quicker.

So to hear Lachesis banish (perhaps that was too strong a word) Aytigin for supposedly bringing the one rule it was somewhat of a jaw-dropper as it didn't take much to recognize which rule it was. But how did Lachesis know? Nevertheless, Anastasia looked to Aytigin as he looked straight to her and broke out that he loved all of them. It caused her brows to furrow, her nose to twitch and her eyes to water. Ears fell back to her head and her shoulders slumped - the pain was felt.

She understood why he was being let go from the pride but another part of her felt bad because he had come in and potentially saved her. The man that had sought to encourage her into his arms had been dissuaded after Aytigin had come charging in... could there be no middle ground? Anastasia wanted nothing more than to yell and defend Aytigin's dismissal but as an Advisor, she understood that Lachesis had set this rule into place for a reason. If there wasn't a clear rule in place she could have passed it off and argued, but things were different. She couldn't defend Aytigin and if she did, she was sure that it would fall on deaf ears.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
She didn't have much time to react, Atyigin spilled off a timeline of events that made her brows come together in confusion, and it took her moment to gather what this male was trying to say. It was an accident, what accident he wasn't sober, what made him do mushrooms and he didn't know who she was...who is she?! immediately her heart sank. She closed her eyes, the information overload made her feel dizzy and weak but she couldn't find solace in her own thoughts because Lachesis was quick to react to Aytigin's apology and promise to accept whatever punishment he threw his way. It was no surprise that Lachesis wanted him gone. She went numb, both from trusting the male who had so easily swept her off her feet and seeing Lachesis act this way for the first time. He was a good leader, she trusted him, but part of her wanted him to just accept Aytigin for what he was and move on, excuse the incident since the male had pleaded his case and asked for forgiveness. That was enough in Rory's eyes but than again she had always been an easy case to persuade. "Please..." she half whispered as a tear rolled down her face but Lachesis' words were final and without wasting time she watched the dark male leave but not before confessing how much he loved them all. he loves me she thought, the lurch in her chest returning once more. That was all the confirmation she needed from him and she turned toward Lachesis as another whine fell from her jaws, a pure look of sadness on her face. What just happened?!
(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2018, 10:35 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
Joining in with permission from Arla and Van

Lilya had been made aware of the facts of what Ayti had done, and her and Lachesis had discussed it. The decision that he had forced them to make hurt her, but she could not go back on their word, not after the meeting that they’d held about it at the beginning of the season. They were the only ones to have that right. She’d been traversing some of the terrain when she heard the fighting, her ears perked and she took off towards the scene. She’d be there to back up her mate should he need it. Between the two of them, she had far more fight experience, and in theory, even if he did resist (Lilya hoped she knew Ayti well enough to say he wouldn’t) then he wouldn’t hurt her… unless he was angry enough to attack a pregnant mother, not that it seemed likely.

She arrived with her tail raised, steely eyes cast between all of them. She stood beside Lach, looking for some measure of comfort in his presence to this. Did she want him gone? No, not really. Did he undermine their authority just as Inna had Lach’s and Kisla’s last year? Yes, he had. Did that mean that Ayti had left them with no choice, no matter what excuses he threw at them? Unfortunately yes. She had arrived just in time to see the man turning to leave, hints of sadness in her eyes though she said nothing.

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2018, 03:34 PM by Lilya.)
[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Rory @Anastasia @Aytigin @Lilya
if this works as a fade feel free to archive!

He wanted nothing to do with the guardian anymore—not after this. The trust had been broken. The only fucking rule they had placed for the spring had been broken. There were no excuses. Lachesis didn’t want to hear anything the dark male had to say. It didn’t matter. He turned away from Aytigin as he spoke, his tail flicking indifferently behind him. He knew there would be members of the pack that wouldn’t agree with his decision; he didn’t care. The rule had been put in place to avoid a situation like the one they had endured the previous spring. While they had managed over the past year it didn’t mean Lachesis wanted to endure it a second time.

He hoped that Anastasia and Rory would understand. Maybe not now—he didn’t expect them to—but eventually. Once his anger subsided the ghost would seek them out, individually, and explain to them why he had done what he did.

Lilya had joined them, silently offering her support as Aytigin disappeared into the surrounding trees. His jaw tightened as he sought out her sapphire pools, his own eyes holding the same sadness that reflected in hers. They had no choice; they couldn’t go back on their word.

A heavy sigh escaped him as he stepped away from the border, his shoulders sagging in defeat. I’ll… I’ll talk to you all later. I am sorry, but it had to be done. For now the ghost needed some time to himself. Not even Lilya could soften the betrayal that weighed heavy in his heart...

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Despite the array of emotions that she felt as the situation was dealt with, there was no denying the pain she felt for Aytigin. There was an underlying sympathy felt for the guy as he had given his reasons as to why it had happened and even if he had been sober, she still would've given him sympathy. Anastasia wanted a family more than she let on to the outside world; however, she didn't let herself get carried away. She couldn't afford to lose what she had here and while she would forever be thankful for the dark man that had saved her from the stranger, there was nothing she could think of to give Lachesis a reason to rethink his decision.

Anastasia's attention turned to Rory as she stated a quick please, her tears not going unnoticed as Anastasia moved a few feet to attempt to put her nose to the girl's cheek. A show of kindness and empathy, knowing that no words nor affection would fix the heartbreak that was felt but she hoped to at least show that she (Ana) was there if she needed to talk. The dove understood why it was necessary to dismiss the ex-guardian but it would still hurt all the same, as she was sure that kicking him out was not an easy decision to come to based on his loyalty in the last year. It only took one thing to ruin it. With a sodden sigh, Anastasia took a step backwards and made to leave. It was best if she hang around near the center of the Surge and lay down. exit

(This post was last modified: Apr 12, 2018, 12:27 AM by Anastasia.)

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
;-;

i don't even know if i believe
Aurora Thanne

No longer could she hold back the tears, they streamed down her face now and sobs attempted to flow from her mouth but she wouldn't allow them to see her true weakness, not yet, there was more time left for them to see that side of her. It wasn't long before another guest entered, the alpha female but her appearance did nothing to ease her pain and for a moment she wanted nothing more than to melt away and be in his arms--that would make everything better. Anastasia came closer to her, an attempt to comfort and she was grateful for the woman's friendship, it solidified the bond they had already forged and she was appreciative for whatever she could offer her, even if it meant Aytigin still wouldn't be coming back. Lachesis did what he was supposed to, and she couldn't rightly blame him (could she?) but she was so confused and hurt that she didn't know what else to do beyond run for the hills and that's just what she did. She didn't look back, she didn't care if anyone else thought she was over reacting, she was hurt and she needed someone to blame.

--Rory exit--

Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

He needed time alone, and Lilya knew that, but it didn’t stop the frown and sad eyes that weighed over the war veteran. Her stomach churned as she watched him walk off, Anastasia and Rory both taking their exits which left Lilya sitting there alone. It was what had to be done… but that didn’t make it any easier. Ayti had grown to become like a brother to her, and despite what he had done, she felt like that bond still remained… but it was hurt, injured, just as her and Lachesis had felt about what he had done. She rose, roaming in a different direction so she might sit by the river and think about everything… or perhaps she’d find her way to the lake to wash away her worries.

-Exit

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]