(See All?) Announcements
434 Users Online

No Need to Clean, Not Staying Long — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Knowing two plants for the birthing might be enough, she knew what they looked like and what to do with them. Inna didn't want to take the chance though, she would be doing this on her own so any precaution she could take she wanted to, she didn't feel she had a choice if she wanted to make sure her pups survived. She'd explained to the silver woman what she already knew giving a glance to the pup beside her. Her fiery gaze returned to Ravenna as she spoke more of the plants. “Anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I understand that the healing arts isn't an easy skill to learn and can't be mastered in a few minutes of conversation. Please understand I don't expect anymore than your willing to offer.”

In a knew she had gotten herself into this and now it was her responsibility to make sure things were done right. She also knew she had no right coming to the borders of this pack asking for information when she had nothing to give back. That was something she would have to rectify, she would bring a gift later for their help as it was the least she could do.

The silver woman went on to speak about Lavender and Sweet grass giving her more information than she already knew. “I was planning to keep lavender bunches in the den when it came closer to time for my pups to arrive and then eating some the day of,” she explained, “The leaves and stems I will remember and should I start eating the sweet grass now as I find it or wait until I'm a little further along?” Then there was something else, “I'm not from this part of the lore would you be able to tell me where Hush meadow is? I believed that lavender and sweet grass could only be found in the north but I'm glad to know that it can be found in different parts.” Maybe she wouldn't have to travel to Hearthwood after all but she did want to visit her parents and speak with them. A smile crossed her face as Ravenna spoke of wild ginger, “I know of that one too though I haven't used it. I know the nausea will be coming soon. Thank you, I will try to find some of that too.” It would be a handy little root to have with her as she searched for a den.

Inna wasn't surprised when she was asked about her choice to have her pups alone. She looked between the woman and the pup before she spoke. “I know that it's a big risk, I could lose all of my pups but I am hoping that the plan I have worked out will ensure their survival.” She wasn't a first time mother anymore and she was glad that she'd been able to have Oksana amongst a pack with two capable healers. “Believe me if I thought it possible to have my pups with a pack I would but I know most packs won't accept a pregnant female into their ranks. Becoming pregnant wasn't in my plans but I am and I can't expect other packs to have to be burdened with the choices that I have made whether I made them on purpose or not. My pups are my responsibility and mine alone as the father isn't in the picture and I'm fine with that.”

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic dem 2/3

and with a spark its going to be

"Keeping some lavender in your den is a good idea. The scents will help smooth you throughout the nights and help you rest move fully. Feel free to eat some sooner then the day of if you wish if your feeling any sever stress some time before the birth. As for the sweet grass, I wouldn't eat too much of it really until after you have given birth as it is to stop help the bleeding and expel the afterbirth. I've been told that too much of it can have a bad effect, though it's none I have never tested to find out." When the woman before her mentioned that she was not local here in these parts of the Lore and did not know it well, wanting to know where Hush Meadow was, Ravenna jut her muzzle out to the west. "Just west of here, not far at all."

The woman before her, Runi, did not seem offended when Ravenna questioned why she was going to be having puppies outside of a pack, probably a question she had already got before. She explained that she had a 'plan' which she hoped would insure the survival of her pups. She would tell Ravenna that getting pregnant had not been her intention at all and the silver woman found herself holding her tongue. If she had not planned to get pregnant then perhaps she should not have bred. Of course, Ravenna had heard before a story or two from other wolves saying 'they just got caught up in the moment'. Perhaps Ravenna had just been built with a stronger constitution. But Runi insured that it was her problem and she was going to deal with it, not only without a pack to help protect her and her children but without the father, either.

Many thoughts ran into Ravenna's mind of many questions, her medic mind coming into play... What happened if the pup got stuck? What happened if she bled too much for some reason and needed more herbs? Who would protect her children when she went out looking for food and water? Would predators get to the pups, would they even get to her too while she was giving birth to them? All the risks were horrible to think about and Ravenna kept herself from shaking her head to the thoughts. She had to push them away. Ravenna was not close to Runi, only had just met her and though she couldn't help but feel a worry for the unborn pups (maybe it was due to her own overwhelming emotions while pregnant) though could not possibly house them here with already two pregnant females in the pack. "I hope all goes well with you Runi, truly." She spoke, all which she was left to offer her.

the biggest fire they've ever seen
(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2018, 04:04 PM by Ravenna.)

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

If anything, at least this Runi seemed to be smart. She did seem like she was trying to be responsible, asking questions to make sure that she knew what to do when the time came. And the way that she phrased knowing that herbology couldn’t be mastered quickly also sounded pretty smart to her. It was a shame she was pregnant, really, but no matter what they couldn’t support 3 litters. Hell, they were all still concerned about the two.

They went through more herbs and their uses, stating so many of them that it left her head spinning. It was a lot of information all at once and she wondered if the dark female would be able to keep it all straight when the time came, but it seemed that she’d already been through it once. It made her wonder, where was her other child then? She didn’t smell the scent of another on her pelt, which only led her to assume that they were separated and by the age of the one in front of her she assumed that the pup couldn’t be that old. Oh well, not her business anyways she supposed.

Runi made a final statement about knowing all the risks, about not planning on getting pregnant. If she’d already been pregnant once, hadn’t she known what would happen if she did the things that led to that? Seemed pretty weird to her. At least she was taking responsibility and didn’t seem to plan to shove the pups off on someone else. She looked to Ravenna, who stated that she hoped everything went well and Adeltra gave a nod of agreeance. After all, who would wish ill on a mother and her unborn pups?

[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

you fill my head with pieces

of a song i can't get out

Inna expressed some of the plans she had to prepare for her pups, especially those she had for the plants she was asking about. However she did have questions since the previous year she'd just been given them and told to eat them. This time she would have to administer them herself. Ravenna thought it was a good idea about the lavender but instructed to wait to eat the Sweet grass. “I will have the lavender on paw, it may be necessary to eat some before. I don't want to become too stressed out before they arrive. I will collect the sweet grass and have it nearby as well so I can have that for when the time is right.” She explained so that the silver woman would know she understood the instructions. She'd also asked about Hush Meadow which Ravenna kindly told her in which direction to go to find it. “Thank you, I will go and see what I can find.”

The choice to have her pups on her own she felt had been decided long before she’d even met Kerb. With the choice of staying on her own after leaving Hearthwood and not expecting to become pregnant. Inna only felt that her situation was a direct reflection of her life so she felt it only natural that she end up alone in this. All she could do was prepare the best she could and hope that everything would be okay in the end. She had to try and stay positive that it would he or else she would just end up where she had been and she didn't want to go back there.

“Thank you, I really appreciate that and everything you've done you don't know how much it means.” She told the silver woman when she wished her well. Inna then turned her gaze on the girl. She offered her a smile, “You make a very good guardian to your alpha. May I offer you some advice if it's okay with Ravenna of course?” She asked turning her gaze once more to the alpha. She didn't want to verify step any toes but she wanted to share something that he had learned through everything.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

Ravenna listened to the woman at her pack's boarder, who took the information Ravenna had given her. Being a medic took practice, took time. Learning each and every plant by their scent without just thinking they all smelled like herbs and grasses, knowing the differences by sight without just thinking they all looked alike. It took time to collect them, to learn how to use each of them be it by the leaves, the flower or the roots. Whether you ate them, chewed on them only or used them by crushing them up into a paste. All of these things her mother had taught her over quite some time but there was always ways of learning more, discovering more... Expanding. She wished the woman before her luck, truly, though didn't know how well it would go out on her own.

Once Runi's attention turned to Adeltra, offering some advice of her own this visit, Ravenna silently dipped her head in agreement to the woman, giving her the reassurance she was allowed to speak her part if she wished.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

The girl’s auds perked in surprise when Runi turned to her. She hadn’t much expected to be included in the conversation because she didn’t really have anything to offer the woman. Heck, she was still kind of a baby herself. What did she know about taking care of them, and especially, bleh, birthing them? She offered to give her some advice, with the permission of Ravenna, and her gaze turned to the woman in question. A nod was given from her silver crowned head and Addy turned her attention back forward. Sure! I’m all ears, she offered with a grin and a friendly wag of her ebony tail.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 03:01 AM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It seemed her visit was coming to an end with the kind women that had helped her. She learned some things that would prove very useful in the future for her children. With that knowledge and her plan she could only hope that it would help to ensure the survival of her children. She understood the risks that she was facing and she had to accept that they could happen. She really did appreciate the well wishes that she had received. The whole visit had been a comfort to her that she could be prepared for the say her newest litter would arrive.

She was angry with herself however for not thinking to bring something for what she had received. Even though it had only been words exchanged she still felt badly so she turned. To the young wolf next to the silver woman and asked permission to give her some advice. She smiled when both Ravenna and the girl agreed.

“The biggest mistake I have made in my life was thinking I could do everything in my own. Things may happen in your life that will be hard or you will make a stupid mistake. Whatever it is don't be afraid to go to your loved ones and talk to them. It might be the best thing you can do in those situations. Had I done that I might not be where I am today.” Being on her own, so many nights to do nothing but lay awake and think about the things that had happened had given her plenty of time to think.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic dem 3/3

Ravenna listened to the dark woman's words ever carefully though her attention had been placed on the youth, gauging her reaction to the words. It was a good lesson to learn and hopefully at least when it came to having pups, a mistake Adeltra would never have to endure. After Rubi was finished and she gave Adeltra a moment to respond to her, a thought came to the silver woman's mind...

"OH, also... If you can't find any wild ginger to chew on the roots, try yarrow. Not as potent as the ginger but wider uses besides the upset stomach. It can help you get more restful sleep, stop infections and bleeding when eaten. You should be able to fkndbthst in the meadow too. The flowers have flat, white clusters." Of course they could be pale pink or yellow too, but she had no intention of confusing her with you much information.

She would allow Adeltra another moment or two, as well as Runi, to speak her peace before Ravenna dipped her head in farewell to the pregnant woman and directed her attention to her cousin. "We should start heading back Del, we've got rounds to do." Passing the other woman a last glance she turned and made her exit.

[Exit.]

(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2018, 04:04 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Adeltra listened quietly to the woman’s words. She encouraged her to rely on her family in times of hardship, or even if she did something bad. She even went so far as to say that she herself wouldn’t be in the position she was if she had done that. The Archer’s brows rose in surprise. If she didn’t talk to her family she’d end up alone and pregnant? Well obviously that wouldn’t do, she certainly didn’t want that. She bobbed her head in understanding. ” I’ll make sure to do that. My family and I are real close, I don’t think there’s anything we don’t talk about anyways. Thanks for the advice,” the girl responded.

Dark auds swiveled to catch Ravenna’s words and, again, she nodded. “Alright. Best of luck, Runi,” Addy offered before turning and following after the matriarch’s pale form.

Adeltra Exit

(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2018, 11:13 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Fading and archiving

Inna had spoken the words of a hard lesson learned and one that she often wished she'd hadn't had to learn. After offering her advice she looked between the woman and the girl but her attention was brought back to Ravenna as she spoke. It was to offer her some more advice. “Thank you so much for that I will remember. I will look for it when it when I reach the meadow. Thank you for everything else too, I won't forget about this.” When Ravenna announced that she and the girl needed to start heading back Inna gave her a respectful dip of her head in farewell.

The girl then took her turn to speak thanking her for her advice, “Your welcome and I'm glad that you and your family are so close. Family is important.” she smiled as the girl offered her good wishes, “Thank you.” She then watched the two wolves leave for a moment before turning from the borders and heading off in the direction of hush meadow.

Fade