(See All?) Announcements
279 Users Online
Google, Bing

wishful sinking — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He smiled softly at her statement before giving her a small, curt nod. Swimming would definitely be good for you—and your leg. It would help build her strength back up, as well as determine her limits with her injury. Her leg would never return to normal, even when it was healed, but it would regain some functionality as long as she didn’t overexert herself. I think that’s a good goal, but I would prefer you have company when swimming at the lake. I’m sure Lavender won’t mind, and neither would I. He did not want to baby the young Baranski but he also did not know how well she would be able to swim at first. Just for the first couple of swims. Until you regain some strength in that leg, he added with a soft smile as he touched his nose to her forehead. It was to keep her safe—just as he had promised to Inna.

Wolves get injured all the time, he commented, his chin tipping to the side as he studied her, his gaze still soft; smooth. Nobody sees you as a burden. You can only do so much, and nobody will fault you for that. The little crow was a determined wolf; everyone in the Surge knew that.

While the ghost hoped that the russet male was safe, wherever he was, he did not know if he wanted him to return. Lachesis knew that he couldn’t be so choosy—not when the numbers of Driftwood were beginning to dwindle once more—but he did not know if he could welcome back a wolf that disappeared without a word. Not unless there was proof of his accidental absence. His ears twitched at her mention of roles, his chartreuse gaze narrowing as he studied her tangerine irises. What role were you thinking of? She still had time to decide, but Lachesis was curious as to what her intentions were.  

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She'd given the swimming a lot of thought and felt it would he good for her leg but she'd also wanted to check with Lach, he would know best. Her tail thumped and when smiled, Good, she said with a nod, Then I can start there. Slow at first of course but maybe by winter I can have it functioning enough I can help hunt for the pack again. She had no illusions that it would fully healed but she at least hoped she would he able to help the pack. She’d been a little embarrassed about telling Lachesis her goal buy he thought it was a good goal. Really? I would ask first before going. I understand it can be dangerous especially since I haven't had much practice swimming and with my leg. I learned my lesson. It was one if those hard lessons but she had learned it and felt that was what was important.

He was reassuring in that no one saw her as a burden and that made her feel better. With the circumstances in which she'd gone to be in the surge there were times she did feel she had to show she belonged just as much as the others. Thank you, It bothers me I think cause I was used to doing so much and now I've just been laying around recovering. It gets to you, you know? She knew it was just her itching to get back to work and help the pack. If her mother had done anything she'd instilled taking care of the pack in her.

Lachesis seemed to know as much about Reid as she did and that bothered her. She didn't know the circumstances of his disappearance of how she should feel about it. Do you think I should be upset with him for leaving after he promised he wouldn't? She asked looking for some advice on the matter. It wasn't a situation like her father or her mother so she didn't think it would be handled the same. Then they got to the part she was eager to talk with him about. Well I have been doing some thinking and I want to start out with Guardian. I think with my leg it might be best while I regain the strength. That's where I was thinking I should start. What do you think? She wanted to hear his opinion since he had been looking after her and especially since he'd been healing her leg. So from a friend, alpha, and healer point of view she found his opinion very important.

(This post was last modified: May 23, 2018, 04:43 AM by Oksana.)
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

I’m always up for an excuse to visit the lake, he commented with a warm smile, his tail sweeping behind him, so if you’d like to go I’m more than happy to join you. He wouldn’t get in the way of her swimming—not unless she wanted his help, or needed it. The lake was like his second home; he’d spend all day there if he could. It was also his favourite place to fish, as the water was calmer and clearer than the surging river that pumped through the mountain forest.

He nodded slowly in response to her question. The ghost knew it was difficult for the girl to stay still and allow others to pick up her duties. Her mother had been the same way after giving birth to her. The Baranski’s were certainly a determined bunch. I know how you feel, he started, his chartreuse gaze softening as he studied her, but you won’t be able to help the pack if you re-injure yourself. She needed to put her own needs first (for once) and take care of herself.

It depends on why he left. Was it for a good reason? By accident? Or did he leave on purpose? You’ll have to determine that for yourself. Lachesis was curious, too, as to where the scarlet male had gone. He’d grown rather fond of the strange male and was worried about where he had disappeared to.

Guardian. He nodded. I think that’s a good role for you. It was what he always envisioned her mother as—or a scout. But the latter was out of the question for Oksana now. At least as a guardian she did not have to travel as often. She could do most of her work at the borders of Driftwood. What else interests you?

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She smiled as he told her of always wanting an excuse to visit the lake, “I will be sure to ask when I'm ready. Official healer business,” she said giving him a wink. She wouldn't mind having Lachesis along so he could give her advice where needed. She didn't have any doubt in her swimming skills but his experience whether he knew it or not was important to her. Oksana had always respected that about him which was why she had done her best and continued to follow his orders where her leg was concerned.

He was also reassuring when she spoke of not being able to help the pack. It was hard watching the other members work so hard knowing that had she not hurt herself she could be helping them and taking some of the work off of them. It was nice to hear that he understood where she was coming from. “You're right I won't be able to help which is why I need to concentrate on getting better.” In that moment she realized, “I can help in a way though. By working to get better so that in the future I can return as fully as possible to my duties.” It made perfect sense to the crow.

She thought about the questions that Lachesis offered and understood them to be Ines that she should maybe ask Reid when he returned. “I have to give him that chance to tell me if he ever comes back, right?” She also knew that she would have to make that decision herself even though it would be much easier to let the alpha make it for her.

She was pleased that he thought she had picked a good role for herself. “Thank you, I was thinking that with my leg it would be a good choice and I do like meeting the wolves that come to the border.” She had to think about his next question for a moment because there were a lot of things that interested her. She wanted to tell him what interested her most but she couldn't choose what interested her most. “A lot of things interest me,” she admitted, “Seeing new places, hunting, and I thought that maybe I could learn more about plants and healing.” She hadn't understood why her father had been so interested in healing but maybe she could if she learned more.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
fade w/ the next few posts? <3

Of course, he hummed in amusement. Truthfully, skirting the edge of the lake would be ideal to grab some medicinal plants, as there were an array of different species that lived close to the water. But it would also be a perfect hunting, and scouting, opportunity—as well as a good chance to spend some time with the little crow.

He nodded gently in response to her words. It seemed like the little Baranski had it all figured out. She just had to stay positive and keep on the path of recovery. The more she swayed off that path the more likely she was to get injured a second time, or cause the healing process to take longer. She was a valuable member of the pack; he did not want to see her continue to suffer, as he knew her injury effected just as much mentally as it did physically.

It’s what I always do, he added, his expression soft as he spoke, Ask them why they left. Hear them out. There was a good chance that, if Reid’s absence had been the result of an injury or getting turned around Lachesis would allow him to re-join without punishment. But if he had just disappeared to see what else was out there the tired leader would send him on his way. He wasn’t interested in housing wolves who weren’t interested in making a home out of the Surge.

You’re mother was the same way, he added as his chartreuse gaze studied the younger Baranski. She shared some traits with her mother but Oksana was definitely forging her own path in the world. It was evident that the girl was not keen on following in her mother’s footsteps. That’s good. You’re still young; you have options. Just like the other almost-yearlings in Driftwood. If you’d like I can teach you some more about plants? I’ve been helping collect inventory for Emrys. He needed to sort through them before delivering them to the pale healer.

(This post was last modified: Jun 20, 2018, 03:56 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Works for me! :)

Oksana laughed lightly when Lachesis spoke. The crow looked forward to having the pale alpha along as she swam and built up the strength in her leg. It would make her feel more comfortable to having him there in case something went wrong or she was unsure if she was doing things right. After everything that had happened in Hearthwood she felt that it would be good for them both. She had made her decision to stay in the surge and work hard for the wolves of the pack. This conversation helped her to feel she didn't have so much to prove but more she needed to work on her relationships.

Having her injury had taken a toll on that because she hadn't been able to get around and see or meet some of the newer members. She needed to make more of an effort once she was healed. Focusing in that and the goals that she had in mind would help her to succeed where she wanted. That was important to her and was was important too was that she was starting to feel more comfortable in their new home.

She listened as Lachesis gave his advice as to what she should do about Reid. She nodded as he spoke of allowing the red man to explain himself and then make her decision. I will do that. It does seem fair since we don't know the reason for his absence. Her brow furrowed as she remembered one time when her father had returned. She'd been young but she did remember it, her first trip to the border to greet a visitor. Like you did with Lorcan when I was little, she comment to show she understood what he meant.

I suppose there are some things I will share with her even if I want to be my own wolf. It didn't bother her to share the good things with Inna after all she'd been raised by the Raven. She just didn't want to take after her with the bad things. Her tail thumped the shore behind her at his offer. I would like it very much if you would teach me more about plants. Maybe once I have recovered I can go with you when you go collecting for Emrys again?

(This post was last modified: Jun 20, 2018, 11:03 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Oksana faded & archived! <3

Exactly, he hummed in response to the crow’s statement about Lorcán. While the ghost would have liked to allow Lorcán to rejoin Hearthwood because of the skills he carried Lachesis knew that he couldn’t accept the flighty male. Not after he’d disappeared one too many times. He already felt like a doormat; he did not need his subordinates to view him as such. It was also why he had not allowed Oksana’s aunt, Lekalta, to rejoin either. Who was to say they wouldn’t leave again?

Again he nodded, his expression soft as he studied the young Baranski. There were still aspects of her that reminded him of her mother—especially her physical appearance—but it did not mean that Oksana had to follow the same path as her mother. She was a strong wolf; independent and persistent. But she was adaptable and cautious; taking the time to observe and listen before reacting (most of the time). Most importantly, she was still learning and growing. Shaping herself. Learning from her mistakes and moving forward. She still had time. Let’s head back to my den then, he instructed with a soft flick of his nose, we can go through the plants I have there before we give them to Emrys. He took a step toward his den, his peridots lingering on her for a moment: Of course you can. I’d like that very much. He continued forward once the injured Baranski fell into line with him, his steps slow in order to match her pace as they made their way back to his medical den…

Fade — thread complete.

(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2018, 03:58 AM by Lachesis.)