(See All?) Announcements
585 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nia, Sage, Viorel

i'm a rebel just for kicks now — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 86 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer
For @Reyes.

He'd meant to do this sooner, but not only had he a meal to finish but both alphas had gone to be alone and he wasn't about to interrupt that to ask for a chat about caches. Honestly, he wasn't sure what there was to go over, but Reyes didn't seem the type to waste time so there had to be something he wasn't thinking of, or maybe he just wanted to confirm that Cancer actually knew what he was doing. He'd proven that though, right? Someone better of noticed how much food he'd been depositing.

There'd been few openings between then and now, but once he saw that Reyes was free, Cancer approached the man. It wasn't really important to him that he had a title, but since he'd piped up at the pack meeting he figured he should follow through. Didn't need a reason to get called out, especially when things were going so smoothly here.

"Yo, Reyes, got time to talk caches like you wanted?"

Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Yep.”

Reyes turned, jaw cracking as he yawned and bowed down into a low stretch. He’d done his morning patrol, and had half a mind to nap – but it wasn’t vital. Cancer wanted to talk about caches. What kind of leader would say no, man, my beauty rest is more important than making sure we all eat.

With a huff, he returned to his full height, shaking out his shedding coat. Dark fur flew everywhere. Dios mio, he really hated this time of year. At least the females were starting to return back to normal. “You’ve been a busy fuckin’ bee, huh?”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer

Cancer huffed softly as some of Reyes' fuzz precipitation got a bit too close to his face, convincing the strands to float elsewhere. As they momentarily distracted him, his alpha kept speaking. His word choice caused the yearling's ears to tip forward, and the orphan couldn't really tell how exactly Reyes meant that. The words sounded gruff, but then so did everything that rolled off the man's tongue. He was a hard read, so Cancer tried to just roll with it.

"Yeah I uh, guess. Just doin' my part, earnin' my keep and all that. Not really anything above and beyond."

He didn't want anyone to have that impression of him, that he was a little brown-nosed tryhard.

"What do we need to go over? Learnin' cache locations was like, one of the first things Askan went over with me when I joined."

i'm a rebel just for kicks now
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“…uh huh.”

Reyes wasn’t entirely sure how he felt about the modesty – if he even bought into it or not – but decided after a moment it was infinitely better than any wolf clamoring after praise. He let it go, ears tipping forward as Cancer urged the conversation onwards. It was as if he were eager to be rid of Reyes’ presence. And if a younger version of the alpha might have taken offence to such a notion, he didn’t now, and rolled his shoulders in a shrug.

As a leader, it was his right to impose his presence if he felt like it. Lucky for the young orphan, then, that rarely did he feel like being overly social for extended periods of time. “Figured you knew where they were, since you were fillin’ ‘em,” he snorted. “Was wonderin’ uno) if you preferred a large central cache or several small ones dispersed around the pack and dos) if you been killin’ or scavengin’.”

He didn’t care, frankly, how they were filled, just that they were. It was a more mathematical question, that one.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Cancer

"Oh," was all Cancer had to say as Reyes revealed his queries. Yeah, that all made sense.

"Small ones seems more convenient for everyone, it's how I've been doing it rather than focusing on any one area so might as well keep it goin' like that. Mostly I prefer to kill my own but the amount of carrion has been on the rise lately, like I'm pretty sure I caught of whiff of something big a bit back that I'm gonna go back for once we're done here."

He spoke conversationally, the answers coming easily to him. It wasn't anything that really required thinking, anyways. This was putting food on the table, so to speak, not something complicated like diplomatic relations or figuring out what the hell was on @Askan's mind.

"So I'll do whatever but, the live stuff is my typical drink of water*."

i'm a rebel just for kicks now

*cup of tea? translation is hard
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Alright. Good.”

Reyes lapsed back into silence for the second, the wheels turning behind his eyes as he but it all into perspective. That was a lot of work, he thought, for one guy. Shallow’s Edge wasn’t a particularly large pack, but it wasn’t small, either. There were plenty of mouths to fill. But with the yearlings coming up and ready for more regular work, hopefully he’d be able to encourage at least one of them to also hunt. Something to keep in the back of his mind, anyways.

“If that’s what works, that’s what works. No arregles lo que no está roto. No sufferin’ in silence shit though, yeah? Something happens, tell me.” Be it the prey abundance dropped, or someone moved in, or even if it was just too much for one wolf to handle. Reyes would rather know beforehand that try and clean up the aftermath. “Ain’t like ‘m incapable of hunting, if you decide y’want somethin’ bigger.”

He did, after all, live on his own for a long time. Everyone seemed to forget that, these days. (Even himself.)

"Either way.  Hunter it is.  Y'want help, y'just let me know."  Cancer was a grown wolf, he could handle that.  It really was that easy.

Fade.

(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2018, 03:56 PM by Reyes. Edit Reason: Edited to add fade with Cade's permission. )