Flight of the Sparrow — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
Insert Creative Quote

Sorry for the delay

The large wolf followed quietly, his nose twitching as they came closer and closer to what the small agouti female had been stalking. Nothing came to mind as to what it was, but the closer they came, the stronger the scent. Daesamar hadn’t thought about scavenging for the pack, it had been something he had done once or twice out of desperation. That was where he had always thought the tactic should stay, not for healthy pack wolves, but hungry loners.

Silver eyes widened slightly when he caught sight of the brown fur, pausing just behind his packmate, his jaw opening in surprise. He had hoped there was some kind of secrete tactic n what Cheedo was doing. He hid his disappointment at the fact that it seemed to be pure luck. She had caught the scent of something that had died recently, He couldn’t and wouldn’t complain though, in the end, food was food. Their pack was growing, and they couldn’t be picky.

“I think so, I don’t know what it is, but it’s dead.” he said, flicking his crooked, floppy ear toward the body. He turned his head toward Cheedo “I...I never thought about scavenging for the pack, I thought we’d only eat fresh kills.”

[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

It had been a lucky find especially since it didn't seem to be that old. She of course was well versed in scavenging having done it when she'd first come to the lore. Not to mention the time that she'd been on her own after Craw’s “death”. It was how she'd survived when she hadn't been able to find anything else to eat. She was not above it and felt that what she found would be perfect for the pack. Besides, she hadn't had to expel the energy to catch it and now could use it to catch something else.

A smile crossed her tan features as they finally came upon it. She knew that it was a deer that had fallen from some accident or illness as she could smell the scent of deer under the scent if death that always accompanied scavenged meat.

“It's a deer,” she answered simply, “Just over there under the tree.” her head turned to look at him when he spoke of never thinking to scavenge for the pack. “You can't be too choosy about where your meals come from especially with a growing pack or in winter. With Lenae and Piety soon to be out of commission it doesn't leave us too many wolves to have out hunting. Some will have to stay behind to protect the mother's and pups,” she explained as she moved toward the carcass to investigate it. “This of course won't last as long as a fresh kill but with the way the mothers are eating I don't think that will be a problem.”

[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

OOC here!

It was a deer, Daesamar blinked slowly, they had lucked out after all. Something so big would easily be able to feed the soon to be mothers, and it hadn’t cost the two of them anything to catch it as well. He nodded, ears perking as he listened intensely, absorbing the information and tucking it away. Cheedo was a wealth of information on this subject and he wanted to learn as much as he could. Following behind her, he peered out at the deer’s corpse.

Once they got to it, he leaned his head in, sniffing curiously and pressing a broad paw against the dead animal’s side before turning his attention back to his companion. “Is there anything to look for when you find something like this? Any signs to avoid it even if it looks tempting? Signs of an illness that could make packmates sick from it?”

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

She had yet to really inspect the find to see if all of the meat was still good but she imagined a good portion of it was. If not she was sure that it would smell worse. She only stopped for moment to give Daes an explanation to his question before she moved toward the carcass.

Carefully she sniffed each part looking for any that might not be safe to take back to the pack. She had enough experience to know what was good and what wasn't. That seemed to be a question on the young wolf's mind as he asked about just such a thing.

“First you have to make sure the meat doesn't smell rotten, you will know the scent of rotten meat when you smell it,” she assured, “If something seems off about it then you probably want to leave it.” She couldn't think of any particular instances where she'd left scavenged meat because she didn't think it was safe to eat. “Just use your senses and trust your instincts. They will tell you if it's safe.” It was the best advice she could give the young wolf.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
want to fade it with one more post each?
The black wolf watched everything his teacher did. SIlver eyes making note of how she approached the dead deer carcass. Daesamar smiled, bobbing his head quickly as he licked his lips. Trust himself, that’s what he had to do. He pressed that large paw against the corpse, checking to see if it was rotting or not while sniffing along the hide.

After a minute long examination, he couldn’t think of any reason for them not to haul it back. His tail swayed behind him as he chirps “Well, it passes the expert’s exam, and mine, so I say we’re good, would you like me to drag it back?” he was big, he could haul, and he was more then happy to if desired.
(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2018, 06:52 PM by Daesamar.)
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
You can fade with your post.

After explaining a few things to the youth Cheedo had set about making sure the deer was safe to eat. She wouldn't be bringing bad meat back to the tarn for the pregnant wolves or anyone else for that matter. She then stepped back and allowed Daes to have his chance to check the carcass so he would know what to do in the future.

Cheedo had determined that the deer was in fact safe and probably would be for a little while longer. It was a good find that would feed the pack for a few days at least. Her head turned to look at Daes as he spoke asking about dragging it back. “If you think you can handle it and I can help.” She told though expected he would want to which was better since they wouldn't have to get pack members and waste time.

Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

OOC here!

The large yearling gave a small bob of his head, turning toward the large carcass, he looked it over, tilting his head as he tried to figure out if if it’d take them both or not to haul it back. If he had been by himself, he was sure that he’d be able to, though it’d take far longer. Unable to find any logic in not having help, beyond being nice, he saw no reason, besides Cheedo had even offered. “Alright then, Let’s do this.” He said, his silver dusted tail wagging softly at the looks on the apack’s faces when they managed to get this back.

~ fade

(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2018, 03:19 PM by Daesamar.)