(See All?) Announcements
414 Users Online
Google, Apollo, Bing, Vanadis, Hazelnut, Adelard

I shouldn't care about your calls — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
His request was not fulfilled. Not only did Skoll not move, but another growl came crashing down upon him. Even if his ears were underwater, the sound thundered and reverberated through and over him. Niles fought the urge to cry, the sobs getting caught in his chest as he managed to ensnare them in his throat. He coughed, swallowing some of the lagoon water as Skoll’s attention was captured and refocused. As those sharp teeth clamped down on his chin and snouth, he whimpered, afraid the pressure of Skoll’s jaw would be more than what he could bear.

He could barely hear what Bojay had said, but he did see the familiar woman just beyond Skoll’s limbs. “Mari,” he cried out, trying hard to inhale through his nose and spit out water as he lifted his head. Don’t. G-go.”
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
bekka said I could skip
S for swears

Mari's presence was just as welcome as she'd anticipated, which was to say: not at all. She wasn't surprised in the least, it was the typical sort of response she got, but that didn't make it any easier to stomach. She gritted her teeth together at his words, so pompous and certain, as though he had the final say. As if they needed his permission. Like fuck they did, wasn't like Niles was a pup anyway. The way she saw it the Lyall was old enough to do as he pleased, he just had to grow a pair of gnads is all. They could work on that, far away from here. But apparently that wasn't gonna fly, apparently the scar face needed some persuading. Fine, so be it.

"That so?" She asked, canting her head to the side a little. "And since when has your word meant shit, huh? Who the fuck you think you are, puto? N' what gives you the right to boss me about huh? You hijo de las mil putas!" ( You son of a thousand whores)She stepped forward, her hackles raised and tail arched high.

Then Niles had to speak and- her ears tilted forward to listen, only to snap back. What? So that's how it was huh? He'd changed his mind, did a 180 in no time at all. You know, for a little while she'd allowed her barriers to slip, to lower. She'd assumed he wasn't so bad, cause he didn't mind her snappy and crass personality. From the looks of it he'd changed his mind, didn't want her help, didn't want nothing to do with her. Fine. His fucking loss. And no, her feelings weren't hurt. Cause what feelings? There was nothing between them, empty void that was quickly filling with disdain.

"I see how it is." She didn't move away, not yet. "Should've seen this coming, knew you didn't have the fucking balls for it."

(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2018, 01:58 AM by Marisol.)
[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Played by Becca who has 45 posts.
Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall
"I know why you're in the mud
I know why it's in your blood
I know who your master is
I know when he calls it quits"

- Mud by Alex G

He didn't know what had happened. At first, it had been the sharp words of the older male cutting at him like a dagger. Then there was another voice, foreign and laced with venom. One who seemed keen to steal away Niles. Maybe he would have let her if it meant it got the Archer-Lyall out of the water. He thought maybe everyone would break apart, scatter the scene on their own but then things somehow went even more south. The strange female spoke sharp words that he didn't even understand.

Bojay didn't know exactly what he was gonna say but he needed to say something, anything.

"STOP IT!" He shouted louder than intended. "ALL of you! Y-you're all being so stupid. Just let 'im out of the water already and you," He focused his gaze on the small female. "if you're just gonna stand 'round and curse up a storm like someone ripped out your fur then get lost." Something in the Lyall had obviously snapped and while he knew running his own mouth wasn't the smartest move, dang did it feel good.

He prepared his stance for either taking or giving a hit if someone didn't bother fixing things fast. Bojay would give it his all even if it meant using tooth and claw - he would give it his all because that was what Maeve would have wanted him to do. Or maybe it wasn't and he was just looking for an excuse to feel something.

tldr; bojay is snappy and kinda ready to rumble
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
i know something you don't know
trouble coming to your home
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Skoll rolled his eyes at her, not even looking as he lifted a paw to smack it into Niles' face and silence him. He could have let her know just exactly who he was, but opted against it. In this situation, it would have been a waste of his breath. She had come forward, mirroring his own posture. As little as she was, the Archer was not afraid. He knew he could bigger... badder...

"I see how it is," she lent, and Skoll realized after a split second that she was talking to Niles. "Should've seen this coming, knew you didn't have the fucking balls for it." This was the perfect opportunity... but first... there was the cub to deal with.

"STOP IT!"

The boy rambled just as Niles had, pinning words and sentences here and there, not even caring about whom he was speaking to. Then, Skoll saw it. The Lyall was steeling himself for some disastrous aftermath. He and Niles were definitely related if Skoll could think anything of it. Another low growl was given to the Lyall beneath his feet and, with another hit of a paw to his snout as he stepped over him, he shrugged.

"Get out then," he took back his original statement of not letting them leave. There was something about the dark woman that snagged and tousled Skoll's fur in all the wrong ways. "And, take him with you." The further Niles got from Willow Ridge, the better.
(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2018, 08:15 AM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
Everything seemed to be flying over his head. He might have said something but a blow from Skoll's paw made certain he didn't say anything. He winced, unable to roll over or move from his spot pinned beneath his brother. He stared up into the white patch of fur on Skoll's chest, the words exchanged garbled underwater. He just wanted to leave. He was sorry, he knew he made a mistake, and he wanted nothing but to be away from Skoll for the rest of the day (and, perhaps, some days after that).

But, then, when he wasn't expecting it, Skoll moved, but not without giving Niles one last reminder of what he had done. His head turned, submerging his head for a second before Niles was able to roll over and lift himself from the water. He exhaled loudly, coughing as the water dripped from his thinning coat. His brother was going to let him go. No. He was ordering Mari to get out and take Niles with her.

This was it.

He had all the rights to put Skoll in his place and he couldn't do it. This place was all one big pity party. Maybe Skoll had a point. Shakily, he lifted himself from the pool, walking to stand in front of Mari with a tucked tail. He'd shake and dry out eventually; first things first, though, he wanted to get away from them.
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow
Permission from Grey to post. Namir is just observing and is not interfering/interacting unless someone specifically does so.

It was stupid to think that Crow's Crossing was the only place that bad things happened. And she knew, on some level, that wasn't true. Knew more viscerally that Pookastone Scowle wasn't perfect. There'd been that thing with Maeve and her body and the mystery... Crow never thought about it too hard. It made her stomach churn. But still, for all the times she'd lingered on the border looking outwards and bemoaning her itchy feet, nothing had actually pushed the dusty wolf to finally make that leap. Maybe she'd been holding on to some hope that something would work out with the youngsters.

She was wrong.

Namir had been returning from a hunt, dead hare in her mouth, when she heard the kerfuffle near the lagoon. Slinking through dead brush, she crept, careful. Uncertain. Eyes fell upon some of the Archers, and then Bojay, and then Marisol -- far more noble than she remembered the dark wolf to be -- but she. But the big one. The darkest one. Holding the younger one in the water, what if he drowned? Weren't they family? Brothers, or half-brothers, or--

It was just like Orin and Orisa.

Namir's chest grabbed her heart and squeezed. She couldn't breath. She couldn't-- Wouldn't-- The hare was forgotten, dropped on the shores of the Iridescent Lagoon. Namir didn't know where she was going, or why. She had no reason to turn around and tell anyone she'd left. No one here even knew her name -- if they turned on their own, than surely she would never be safe. No.

So she ran. She ran until she couldn't.

Exit.
[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol
S for swears

Mari had no intentions of going anywhere with Niles, not anymore. That ship had sailed and it was long gone, nothing more than a distant speck on the horizon. He could stand there looking as sad as he pleased, she wanted nothing to do with him. The one time she put herself out there and tried to help and he just kicked fucking dirt in her eyes. Don't. Go. Fine, she could do that. Didn't even know why she'd hung around for so long, she'd wasted everyone's times.

She didn't even want to look at him, as soon as he stood before her, all soggy and sorrowful, she jerked her head away so fast her neck clicked. She winced but thought nothing of it, she could bitch and whine about it later, right now she was getting the hell out of dodge. Though not before she said one last thing, made her feelings crystal clear. But that meant looking at him, so she did, her steely eyes like a pair of scalpels.

She didn't notice Namir scamper off, but she wouldn't have cared if she had. Not like they got along anyway, that one time they'd met.

"Don't you ever think of fucking following me, you prick." She snarled, baring her teeth as though she was wielding a pocket knife. She wouldn't let him hurt her, not like the other's had. The walls were closing in, old habits slid back into place like she'd never let them slip. "I don't need you, never did."

With that, she left, a lone wolf once more.

Mari exit

(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2018, 11:45 PM by Marisol.)
[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
Skoll grew wary and careful now as Niles drew away, everything about his body language reeking of shame and, possibly, an agony that would not heal for months or years to come. Namir, whose coming and going had gone unnoticed, had made herself scarce; but, the Archer only had eyes for his baby brother. Bojay still lingered, but he was not going to let the near-yearling cause anymore ruckus, most especially as Mari made her verdict clear: Niles was very much not welcome and she had never, ever needed him.

Well, then, if she was just going to drop Niles just like that, then Skoll was going to turn around and withdraw his own offer. He was not going to let his brother follow her like some lovesick fool.

"Niles," his voice was even again as everything fell quiet around them. He took a few slow steps forward, halting to stand just mere inches from hovering over the Lyall. "Niles..." The second time around, his voice was softer - the voice he used when he tried to soothe his cubs when the nightmares had come or the autumn chill had broken their slumber. His ears came down in genuine concern. His anger had been for nothing and now he wondered if Niles would still listen.

"You don't need her." Look, he had meant to say. She left you and, you know by now that family never leaves. At least it seemed that all the fight had gone from the both of them. "You deserve better."
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
"Don't you ever think of fucking following me, you prick." The words stung, opening up all the wounds within him that he thought had healed. Then, the final blow: "I don't need you, never did." Niles might as well have been flattened by a boulder, pushed off the Mountain of Dire, or, hell, even drowned beneath Skoll's paw. Things had not gone as he had hoped. He was supposed to go with Mari somewhere well away from the Scowle, start life anew, and rebuild himself from the broken man he had become. This latest loss was one more wound too many to bear.

As the dark woman turned and left him in the dust, Niles slumped down onto the ground and curled up into a heap of damp fur. His ears remained slicked back and he draped his tail over his hind limbs. If he could've died right there, gone and met his Castel instead, that would have been fine by him. Skoll, however, thought otherwise.

"Niles."

The Lyall sniffed, closing his eyes as he buried his nose in the tip of his bottle brush of a tail. His older brother's words were lost on him. All he had wanted was a chance to breathe again. He lost it. Skoll loomed over the space next to him, an unwavering dark tower, and Niles felt instantly suffocated. He stood up with an uneasy sway in his step. He avoided Skoll's gaze, creeping away until he was far enough out of view to collapse beneath the twisted canopy of the Scowle. He would deal with all of this later.

Exit.