(See All?) Announcements
520 Users Online
Bing, Google

a year from here is a lightyear — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

With the season passing through the dove had felt more at ease but only in her own shoes. When it came to the predicaments of the Surge, not so much. The dismissal of Aytigin left her feeling rather exposed if only because she had valued him as a loyal and respectful member of the pack. He had expressed that his rule-breaking had been under the influence but yet, the action still remained the same - broken and apparent. No matter how hard she tried to sympathize, there was that small hint of they warned you in the back of her mind. Anastasia had wanted nothing more than to start a family this year and with the lack of mate, she was even more weak to the woes of her desires. Even then, he had been able to tame them for a while.

The discussion that she had had with Emrys was something that had resonated with her far before their conversation. It was his voice alone, however, that made it seem that much more imperative that she express it now. Ana understood that Lachesis likely couldn't make any promises at this point in the year but he at least needed to physically hear her say exactly what she intended for next year. A lot could change until that time but it was better to be prepared than shaken.

So the woman called eagerly for @Lachesis in the hopes that he might spare some of his valuable time in order to hear what she needed. If she was to stay here then she wanted ot know that one day she would be able to have her own happy start. Even if there might not be any real father at her side, the dove was certain that she'd just be happy to have a child to call her own.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

As the days passed Lachesis felt as though he was moving in a daze, for he as still coming to terms with what had occurred at his borders. Part of him had wanted to dismiss Aytigin’s actions and ignore the fact that he had broken the pack’s only rule this spring, but he knew he couldn’t. What if the mother, and child, showed up at the borders demanding the dark male’s presence? What if the others discovered that he had allowed Aytigin to stay despite knowing what he had done? Unfortunately, for both Lachesis and the pack, the dark guardian had to be example of what happened when rules were broken. No amount of loyalty or hard work could pardon a wolf from being exiled from the pack.

His ears twitched at the pale woman’s call, his brows snapping together with concern. While he always valued the time he spent with her Lachesis couldn’t help but worry. A weight formed in the pit of his stomach as he, reluctantly, dragged his paws in her direction. As his advisor Lachesis knew she had something important to say—she always did—but he did not know if he was in the mood for conversation. However, as leader, he knew he’d have to suck it up as it was part of his job description.

Ana, he greeted as he approached her, a soft (almost sad) smile gracing his pale features as he brushed her cheek in greeting. Is everything all right? Things had certainly changed in the years after they had entered the Lore, especially him. He always feared it would chase her off; that he wasn’t the same wolf she once knew.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

After all that had transgressed over the past couple weeks, this call of hers was somewhat daunting. She recognized that she likely wouldn't be able to be given a definitive answer right now and likely not any time soon but it was matter of simply letting Lachesis know. That despite not having someone to call her own, she was desperate to make arrangements just so long as she could have her slice of the dream. The only dream she really had a true focus on.

So when she was sure that she saw the green-eyed, lanky leader she felt her lungs tighten up and a slow exhale crawl through her teeth. Truly, nothing could have prepared her for what she wanted to say. She hated confrontation no matter who the company was. Surely by now it was obvious that Anastasia tried not to call upon Lachesis for too many oh hey. just wanted to say hi moments. He was busy with his own life and his duties as an alpha and she respected that; but some things could not wait.

As he made his approach with a subtle slip of her name she gave him a comforting, mirrored smile. Anastasia nodded, expressing that she was fine but that there was still some things that she felt needed to be said. I'm sorry, she starts off, I know it wasn't easy to dismiss him. He shouldn't have done what he did. While it had been painful to see him go, Anastasia understood why it had been done. The one rule that had been put in place and if Lachesis made one exception, then what happened last year would only become a small speed bump compared to what could happen in the future.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He slumped against the ground, his shoulders sagging in silent defeat. Some days he was tired of being in charge and having to make difficult decisions. Like not allowing Lekalta to join back despite fighting (repeatedly) for the pack in the past. But he didn’t trust that she wouldn’t desert them a third time if something came up. Even losing Lorcán had been a hit to the river pack, as he had been a valuable asset to the pack. Both Inna and Aytigin had been assets, too, but he couldn’t let bad seeds faster in the ranks. If they got away with the wrongs they had done they would only continue to undermine his authority and cause problems. Lachesis couldn’t allow that to happen.

I… he started, his chartreuse gaze seeking comfort in her cerulean pools, I just didn’t expect it to be him, y’know? He sighed, his ears sweeping against his crown as his tail curled tight around his hindquarters. Lilya and I are reasonable… if he had asked and pleaded his case he would have allowed him to breed. But going behind our backs? How am I supposed to let him get away with that? Anger flared up within his chest, causing his brows to narrow. I just don’t want the others to look at me with resentment. We warned everyone at the meeting what would happen if they bred without permission…

(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2018, 04:17 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Anastasia had only been a leader a couple times in her life but she had never had to make the tough decisions that Lachesis had to. Never had she had to outcast someone or tell them to beat it and for this she was thankful but she knew that he didn't appreciate having to be the bad guy either. I know, she answers and leaned down to lay beside him with what could only be described as pursed lips, neither did I. Hell, Anastasia had thought that she would end up being the one to break law but perhaps her friendship with the alpha was simply too hard to even begin to think about risking it all for a moment of desire.

Aytigin was someone that Ana had come to trust and believe in over time, knowing that Lachesis had faith in the dark guardian because of his loyalty to the pack. The male had come to protect her and ended up simply not being enough to save themselves. There was so little that she could do to convince anyone of anything when the law was very clear. Perhaps he should have just asked, she reiterates as she tries to calm him down with soothing words, unsure of what she could say to make this situation less tense, or, in the very least, could have come to you the moment after it happened. At least he could have been upfront and honest about what had occurred rather than letting Lachesis and Lilya come to him.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Another sigh escaped him as she spoke, confessing that she had been just as taken aback as he was. Aytigin had improved immensely since joining the river wolves, making progress with each passing day, but this… this he couldn’t excuse. Not when the ghost and his mate had announced that they would be removing whoever broke the single rule from he pack. The former Guardian had been warned, and he couldn’t use not being sober as an excuse. What example did it set if Lachesis had pardoned him? That any wolf could use the same excuse, or a similar one, to get out of breaking the rules? It was inexcusable. How was Lachesis supposed to trust him again, especially when the chocolate male was supposed to be one of his most trusted advisors?

If Aytigin was smart he’d attempt to seek out the mother and child(ren); be there for them. Rectify his mistakes. Attempt to do good. But he doubted it.

If he had done that, he responded, his voice low as he glanced over at the blue-eyed dove, perhaps he’d still be a member of this pack. Maybe not at the same rank, but still a Surge wolf. He frowned. Even so, I don’t think I could trust him again. Not after this. His tail twitched in frustration; his brows furrowing. I seem to attract broken promises and untrustworthy wolves. Not sure what I did wrong. Maybe it was him causing the wolves to leave… but how? What was he doing? He liked to think he was an attentive leader, who cared for his subordinates and valued them. Maybe he was allowing the wrong ones to take residence… but that still meant he was part of the problem…

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Lachesis had every right to do as he had done and while she was surprised that the Guardian had disobeyed direct orders, Anastasia couldn't sympathize with Aytigin. Anastasia had suffered physically and emotionally in her own quiet time because of the needs and desires her body had put her through yet here she was, untouched. Though, it was hard not to feel a small push back when he mentioned that he attracted broken promises and untrustworthy wolves. Anastasia knew that she was not that anymore and didn't intend to be but she knew that not that along that was her. Without being able to truly help her tail lowered a little and her head sunk a little, feeling that grit in her teeth as she swallowed her hurt the best she could. He didn't mean, not to her... but she had made him feel that way when she had left those few times. She was sure. Even then, it was hard to breach a subject of her own when it clashed so miserably against the story of Aytigin's dismissal. I came here for another reason, too... she decided to simply come out with it since there wouldn't be a very good time for this no matter when it was said, but with all this coming to pass it made me realize that I'm seven and with no children of my own. I want that. Would he understand? Ana believed that he, of all folks, would know just how much having a family had always meant to her. For so long it seemed just some distant dream but given how the years passed and she still didn't have what she had trailed after all these years, she couldn't wait much longer for the opportunity to strike.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He had not intended to hurt her feelings, or cause her to feel as though his words had been directed at her. While the pale dove had disappeared, too, she had come back and made an effort to change. She had earned her place as both their second and Advisor, as well as his closest friend. Anastasia had been a constant figure in his life; without her he would not have survived life beyond the walls of the Reserve. He would forever be grateful to her; her mistakes would always be forgiven, even if it would make him hypocritical. Anastasia, along with his tawny mate, would always be exceptions in Lachesis’ eyes.

Just as he opened his mouth to usher an apology to his blue-eyed companion her voice filled the space between them once more, confessing that there was another reason she had sought out his presence. His brows pinched tight, his chin tipped softly to one side. … it made me realize that I’m seven and with no children of my own.

Oh.

His gaze softened; ears sweeping to the side.

I want that.

He should have known. But, he also wished that she had approached him sooner. Before the arrival of breeding season. He would have permitted it, as he knew that she had always wanted a family of her own. Of course, he hummed in response, his voice hushed as he met her cerulean gaze, I want that for you, too. At one point in his life he had imagined them raising children together—even leading the pack side-by-side. He still pictured this life for her, with another man at her side. She deserved the same happiness he felt.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There was a hard swarm of chaotic emotion that swarmed over her as he gave a subtle, yet meaningful, of course. The very thought that he accepted that without even hesitating was enough to show her that he understood everything that was at play. Anastasia had lost a lot of time in her own confusing thoughts when apart from her closest and bestest friend but she didn't want to lose more time. This was all she had left and if anything, she wanted to be able to raise a family here where she knew they would be well-protected and amazingly loved. I'm just sorry I didn't voice it sooner, she murmured, trying to cover up how pathetic and sorry she was for herself, I just... I didn't know if I should say something or not and before I knew it breeding season was here and... Well, there wasn't much more to say. Breeding season had arrived and she felt an obligation to keep to herself and not allow her emotions and thoughts to fester and ruin what trust and friendship she had with Lachesis and Lilya. They were just as important as the lives she wished to create. Perhaps next year I can have that chance... it was said mostly as a question for the future was unpredictable. She would need a man for the job, unfortunately, and Anastasia didn't exactly have a good track record of speaking her mind when the time was right. 

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

I want nothing more than for you to be happy, Ana, he added, his voice softening as he tried to read her expression. There was a part of him, deep down, that felt guilty for not giving her the opportunity—she had been an excellent milk-mother to Kapros and Adsila; there was no reason she shouldn’t care for her own brood. But who would she have bred with? A loner; a nameless man? A friend; a confidant? The unfamiliar flame of jealous flickered, briefly, within his chest but quickly fizzled out. The ship of Lachesis and Anastasia had sailed many moons ago. She deserved her own knight in shining armour. I wish you had spoken up this year, but you have my full blessing for next year. I’ll talk to Lilya about it… unless you’d like to? While he would have liked to see him and Lilya as the only breeding couple next spring he knew that a second litter wouldn’t hurt them. The river wolves had been able to take care of three litters the previous spring; he had nothing but faith in the pack to take care of more pups than they could count.