408 Users Online
Bing, Chan, Juniper, Apollo, Adelard, Google

A Fine Balance — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Tagg

Everyday pack life moved on no matter what happened with in it. There were mouths to feed and borders to protect. The pack was his and Moonshadow's responsibility now and he felt that it had grown and gotten stronger in the time that they'd been leading. Weeks had passed since Namid had officially given him the cove and he'd been working to make some positive changes that he hoped would carry them into the future.

One thing he was working toward were roles and every wolf in the pack having one. Bastet had approached him about advisor and Tulip as well. There was one member he knew that had been working toward a role and had yet not received it. That however was going to change as Kajika followed the scent of his second. It was rather unnecessary as he already knew where to find him. He was in the borders this particular day when the dark alpha caught sight of him. “Tagg,” he called to the man as he jogged to catch up to him, “I would like a word with you.”

Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Ooc: sorry, didn't get the tag

Tagg was doing the usual - checking the borders. He was keeping a special eye out for Tikhi since she had already proven she wouldn't leave when told. He was itching for a fight, wanting to punish her for causing strife. She was going to pay if he ever saw her again. 

It seemed as though she had taken his threat seriously, however. She had yet to appear again and Tagg was left to try to deal with his anger in a different manner. He couldn't be mad at Moon; her rage was justified. 

A familiar scent hit Tagg's nose even as the voice called to him. The veteran halted, turning to face his alpha as the dark man approached. "How can I help you?" He asked his friend, feeling slightly wary. What if he took Moon's anger at the knowledge of his past as a betrayal?
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

After everything that had happened with Tagg and that Tikhi woman Kajika had debated doing this now. In the end he felt now was the best time especially since the tawny man had been working overtime to make sure she didn't come back to cause more trouble for the cove wolves.

There was also some level of guilt in the dark man after the moment that he had shared with Moonshadow. They had not spoken of it though he was certain that she had felt it too but it was something that would remain between them. He hoped they would have a few moments to themselves as it needed to be discussed. He shook those thoughts away though, he couldn't let them cloud this moment.

Polite as always the tawny man turned to face him asking what he could do to help. “You've been working hard since you returned. I thought we should talk about that.” It was the best way to start he thought since he didn't want to just come out and say it and be done. He wanted to work up to it for whatever reason.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Kajika didn't seem to be angry, and for that Tagg was greatful. He relaxed as the darker man spoke again, inviting him to discuss his work since his return. Tagg perked up a bit at that. He wasn't sure what the alpha was referring to, but Tagg was interested.

"Fatherhood is a bit of a hassle, especially when your kid runs off," he admitted, letting out a small chuckle to mask the pain that his son's absence still caused. 

He hoped the boy would return in time to greet his siblings into the world, and he hoped there wouldn't be a repeat of last year. The Tagg was determined to keep his love safe this time.
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika wanted to get what he'd come to talk to Tagg about out there first and then if she tawny man wanted to talk about anything else they could. He would always listen to what Tagg said as he always had and he was sure that the tawny man had to have a lot on his mind.

“I think he will come back one day once he has seen what he needs to,” Kajika stated sympathetically. It was what he believed, “I think Chan can take care of himself and we did the best we could by him.” It was all that they really could do. Now that he was going to become a father it had put some things into perspective for him where Tagg and Moonshadow were concerned.

He did however think that what Tagg was doing was for the best especially with Moonshadow expecting pups. It might he best for the tawny man and his co-lead to concentrate on the litter they had in the way.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Tagg always appreciated Kajika's willingness to talk and help him feel better. He nodded in agreement, though worry gnawed at his belly. "I just hope he's safe."

The veteran smiled. "How are you taking becoming a father?" he asked. "I assume that was you.we're going to have our paws full this year!"

He was happy for his friend. He'd taken Des' death so hard, and then Namid... The Cove wolves were due for some good fortune and Kajika was at the front of the line. Tagg would gladly support his friend through all of it. It made him happy to see others enjoying good fortune even if he never got any himself.
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika didn't have to ask how Tagg was dealing with Chan’s continued absence from the pack. The alpha didn't think that it would be something that he or Moonshadow would ever fully get over unless Chan returned. “I hope he is too.”

Kajika chuckled at the question that he was asked, “Nervous, worried, happy and probably a whole other list of things but I think I'm ready.” He felt that he was dealing remarkably well despite it being his first time. “Yes, we will but I think that we are more than capable of handling all of the pups.”

Kajika was cautiously optimistic about the coming months. He was aware of how things worked, just when things seemed to be going well bad things tended to happen. Still he had been doing the work needed to strengthen the pack which included giving Tagg something he'd been working toward.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Tagg smied wanely at his friend, on able to feel slightly cheered by their conversation. Though Kajika was usually able to lift his spirits, he had too much weighing his sould down for him to help much this time. He needed some very good news if he was to cheer even a little.

"That is good to hear. You'll probably adjust better than I did. Hopefully all goes well and we won't have a repeat of the last couple of years. We could really use a win right now." Tagg specifically could use a win.

"I hope we can. At least we've had practice, albeit not very much. At least in my case; you've been here long enough to have helped with a couple of litters now."

Part of him was jealous. He wished he could have been here longer - he'd realized long ago that if he'd never left, he would be alpha now instead of Kajika. At the same time he was greatful. He couldn't imagine leading the Cove. His dark friend was much better suited.
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

With the puppy season upon them and the prospect of new litters Kajika knew it couldn't be easy on Tagg or Moonshadow got that matter. Having Chan still missing, he wasn't the boys father but it was still hard as he looked forward to having pups of his own. He would have liked his godson yo he in the cove sharing the moment with him and teaching them as he had once taught the young Eastfall.

“Fatherhood is a big adjustment but I think you might be right,” Kajika did despite his nervousness about it will feel like he was ready to he a father. “I have been doing what I can for Birtie and making sure she is well taken care of but we both know we can only do so much. You are right though, we do need some good to happen in the cove.”

It was hard to know exactly how many pups the cove would get taking in once both mother's gave birth. Tagg was right though, he'd been through three litters in the time he'd been in the cove. “We have had practice and I feel we've done what we could to prepare for the coming litters. As long as each member is looking out for them we should be okay.”

Talking about the pups wasn't actually why he'd come looking for the tawny man in the first place. “There's something else Tagg and I think you will like it.”