(See All?) Announcements
375 Users Online
Google, Nadine, Tulip, Bing

i'm headed straight for the castle — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The woman remained steadfast as the two introduced themselves, nodding her head in acknowledgement and not even flinching at the name of her mate who had long passed. Grey ears pricked forward in curiousity at the information that was given. The only woman she could possibly be talking about was Kisla - at least to Jessie's knowledge. The leading pair had been open about communication and their closest allies had always been Hearthwood. The resemblance and this new piece of information were too much of a coincidence to just be that.

Just as she was parting her jaws to respond, Laike jumped in for her, informing the newly named loners that her mate was certainly not around but did not elaborate further. Beating a dead bush would get them no where and the only thing that kept her from rolling her eyes and making a harsh jab towards those present was the reminder that it was not their fault for the circumstances that they were given. The Rye Queen exhaled slowly, taking her emerald gaze away from her lead partner and back towards the loners. Her voice was rough but held an undercurrent of strength when she spoke, "Drestig passed away a few weeks ago." The mother's ears folded back on her head, the only sign that she was distress. Still, she continued on, "Your mother...are you Kisla's daughter?" It was just too much to be a coincidence.

(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2018, 05:51 AM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Rachel who has 87 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lekalta Baranski
@Deacon and Lekalta are looking to join!
Laike was quick to brush aside the presence of the lead male, but before the Baranski could voice a response regarding his own question – and bite her tongue as to why he was so dismissive of his leader’s name, the silver she-wolf was quick to verify for her

To say it was unfortunate that Lekalta had perhaps just ruined their chances of joining by first dropping Drestig’s name was an understatement – Jessie was steadfast in her approach of not missing a beat to their conversation, but the tawny Baranski certainly did flinch as well, feeling a wave of guilt and pity for the news of the dark man’s death. She had met Drestig once – he had been kind to her. “I’m sorry for your loss. My mother thought highly of them – I thought highly of him,” she offered, the words feeling dry from her parted jaws, her eyes flashing briefly to Deacon before falling downward.

She paused, considering her words. “Kisla.” Given the relationship of the two packs, she assumed they knew of her mother’s passing. She pressed her tongue to the roof of her mouth, considering letting the woman question her further – but it felt only fair to show her full hand of cards – Deacon and herself weren’t here to cause any trouble or stir up distrust. They simply were looking for a safe haven to raise their small family while considering their next move. A move that hopefully would prove more thought than their previous actions that had left her pregnant.

“You should know, before deciding either way.. I’m pregnant. I don’t foolishly believe these pups will have the top priority within your pack, but we want a safe place to raise them. We’re hard working, and true to our word. Loyalty stretched much further than just words – I have the scars to prove it. One day, we might hope to disperse and claim a place of our own.. but for now, we would like to bolster ranks here, and offer ourselves in whatever may be required.”

are you deranged like me? are you strange like me?
lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon
phone post from me so I don't hold this up~

He would have preferred to stay rather silent the whole endeavor but it seemed wrong to stay hushed when Lekalta spoke of the pregnancy. Deacon was not ashamed of what had happened even if it had left them in a tricky situation.

"And when the pups arrive, I'll make sure to pick up any slack - I'll make sure we won't deplete your sources." His deep voice carried his tones of honesty, hoping it might help for him to also speak on the matter so they wouldn't see him as some kind of leech.

The large male secretly hoped this would be over soon so the duo could know what their next move would need to be. Heavens knew there were a few things gnawing at his thoughts.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike supposed he had been a bit slow to notice that the loner was pregnant. Maybe she wasn't as far along as his own wife. His own mind had been so wrapped around his own growing family that he hadn't considered creatures outside of the Rye doing the same.

His ears perked as the dark male finally spoke. Laike had been starting to think he was mute but it seemed he was wrong.

It was a...touchy area. On one hand, he did not like the idea of competition with his own children. Yet on the other he knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to the lone growing family. A year ago the answer would have been clear to the strict male but his wife had emotionally softened him. Tentatively he glanced between Jessie and Adelayde, wondering what the mother and soon to be mother had to say.

guardian demonstration 3/3
(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2018, 06:18 PM by Laike.)
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
3/3 Guardian Dem
adelayde artemieva

The loyal Rye second didn't need any reminding, but here was another example as to why Ade respect the leading female so greatly for her strength. There was a slim chance if she was ever in Jessie's place that she would be able to have the same strength that the peppered woman radiated. The loners most likely had no idea the extent of her strength, but they would be foolish not be able to detect some it when she truthfully admitted Drestig's passing. The thought still hurt, making her own ears fold back upon her crown momentarily in respect for their fallen patriarch and his widow. The female offered genuine condolences to the widow for her loss.

Lekalta continued on to admit that she was with child, her own brows rising with the unexpected news she shared with them. However, Adelayde respected their honesty and understanding of their future children's position within the pack. Despite the fact their litter would potentially be competing with her own, she couldn't force her leaders to base their decision on that selfish bird that chirped in the back of her head. Ade couldn't live with the guilt if any of them suffered from the increase presence of coyotes in the area, she couldn't condemn a child to that.

With Laike's gaze shifted to her and his silent question was clear to her. Unlike their recent Rye addition, she genuinely believe there was truth in the soon to be mother's words and the added support of the dark cloaked father. Lekalta also made them aware that they potentially had plans to claim a land of their own. Adelayde respected their honesty which made her part of Laike's decision easy. Glancing over to her husband with Jessie in view as well, the Artemieva nodded in silent approval. Now it was just up to Jessie.

(This post was last modified: Jun 18, 2018, 08:44 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Jessie nodded her head towards the other woman, grateful for the condolances given. The words should have meant something to Jessie. After all the time they spent together, she often respected him more than she respected herself - being the kinder one out of the two of them. The scent of the soon-to-be mother only confirmed her words. There would be no beating around the bush with this pair. The Rye Queen nodded her head in appeciation towards Lekalta's honesty and Deacon's proclaimation. Loyalty was what they needed right now, especially with their numbers so low. Even if, in the future, they decided their founding a home of their own was what they wanted, the pair was up front about it now and that was all the Rye trio could ask.

The monochrome woman had already made up her mind. Though she had never met Kisla's daughter, she was still family in a sense, just as Risaela had been when she had shown up on the Rye borders as a child. Still, she cared about what other members though, especially the couple that were having pups within the pack this year. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched them. Laike was gauging their reactions and Adelayde offered them a brief nod. She offered the Rye mother-to-be a small smile before turning back towards the loners. "You are both welcome here, as long as your words hold true. Welcome to your new home. I will show you around and then you can rest." She mentioned the two of them forward with a wave of her tail so that they could be on their way.

{Jessie end}
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

A smile crept upon her maw as Jessie announced the couple's acceptance into the Rye, her mismatched gaze looking to them then to see their expressions. They needed numbers, which was a feat that needed to be accomplished for a while. More importantly, they need loyal members instead of the deserters they have been accustomed to. Adelayde hoped they would stay true to their word. Jessie offered to show them around, her gaze turning to her husband before she too turned and returned to the territory once Laike returned to her side and the others not far behind.

FADE - thread complete
(This post was last modified: Jul 29, 2018, 05:32 AM by Adelayde.)