(See All?) Announcements
820 Users Online
Bing, Adrestia, Google, Ryder

there's no map to the cure — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 45 posts.
Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall

It wasn't a rare occurrence for him to seek out his younger brother anymore. The pale Archer was more of a pillar than anyone, especially with Maeve gone. He shuffled in the darkening light of day as the evening turned to night. Surely he'd pick up his brother's scent soon. Wasn't like either of them had better places to be. Did they?

The trail took him outside of the territory, rounding part of the lagoon. Bojay had half a mind to just let his younger brother be and not bother him with his rough thoughts and unkempt appearance. Yet something gnawed at his mind and pushed him onward. He swore he saw a pale shine under what little moonlight there was. A soft bark was all he offered at first, fearful it would be someone other than the Archer he sought. Like what if it was a different Archer or even a Lyall or someone totally new?

That would be hell and he physically recoiled at the thought.

"Sterling?" He called out tentatively, body hanging low towards the ground just in case.

Played by Arla who has 31 posts.
Inactive Pup
Sterling Archer-Lyall

The conversation he’d shared with the strange, tawny female hung over his head like a storm cloud. He had once looked forward to the lands of Lore, but he had never been sure if the trip north was supposed to be permanent or not. He, of course, had followed to please his mother; impress her. But now that they were here Sterling hardly saw her. The silver boy knew that she had a pack to lead and was much too busy to chase after her five children. Well, three out of the five, as it appeared the other two had chosen not to seek out the Scowle. After Maeve’s death the lagoon had become bleaker and Sterling began to contemplate leaving more frequently. But he couldn't leave Bojay—not when the tawny Archer needed him the most. He’d been close to the silver girl—both during their time in the Lore and in Torbine. Her death had effected him the most (aside from Celandine). Part of him felt guilty for considering leaving, especially when his brother needed him. Part of him didn’t care. But the former outweighed the latter.

His ears twitched in the darkness as a familiar voice called out to him, causing his steps to cease and his head to turn. Bo, he retorted casually, his pale features glum as he waited for his brother to break the distance between them.

mature language - most of sterling's posts will include mature language
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall

His posture relaxed slightly as a familiar nickname and voice rang in the air. The Lyall moved closer, half tempted to make physical contact with his larger brother but swiftly deciding against it. Sterling had been supportive but Bojay didn't want to push his luck.

He halted once he was close enough to be in whispering range. Thoughts and words rolled about in his skull, unsure what to make of any of them. He wanted to cry and he wanted to be brave. He wanted Maeve back the most, though. "I don't know what I'm doing." The Lyall admitted as his voice cracked softly. He swiftly swallowed the lump that had built in his throat.

"I...I think I wanna go home." He hoped his brother would understand that home wasn't Pookastone Scowle, it never would be despite all the familiar names and family faces. Back home they'd put him to work where they could and make something of his swelling sadness.

[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
i know something you don't know
trouble coming to your home
Inactive Pup
Sterling Archer-Lyall

He blinked in confusion as his scarlet brother approached him, almost tentatively. Something had changed in Bojay after discovering Maeve’s body. The wolf that stood before him was no longer one that Sterling recognized. Just a stranger wearing his brother’s fur. I don't know what I’m doing. Neither did the silver Archer. Most of his days were spent meandering around the edge of the territory, flirting with the idea of fleeing. Where he did not know. Anywhere but the lagoon. He had been so excited to reunite with his mother—hell, he’d even been excited to have the whole fuckin’ family back together—but things weren’t like what they used to be. What came next surprised Sterling the most, causing his silver eyes to widen. Home. That was a thought that he had been toying with but he hadn’t mentioned anything to Bojay in fear of the potential backlash. I think I do too, he murmured, his voice just as low as his brother’s. This place isn’t at all what I thought it’d be, he admitted, the corners of his mouth wrinkling in defeat. 

Inactive Pup
Bojay Lyall

Perhaps the brothers weren't all that different when it came down to it. Bojay felt an unexpected wave of relief wash over him. He felt as though he could breathe properly for the first time in a while. While it didn't cure him, it allowed him to feel a bit better about talking about this feeling inside of him.

"I didn't know ya felt the same." He said as his ears fell against his crown for a moment. "Just doesn't feel right here." The Lyall admitted as his shoulders rolled. He thought his brother would have made a place for himself within moments of their arrival, eager to please mother and such. It seemed Bojay had been wrong though - not something that was entirely uncommon.

He glanced over at his brother before looking out at the dark lagoon. It was nothing like Torbine. Not that he had expected it to be but he also hadn't expected Maeve to die or to witness a possible drowning. "We could leave together. Maybe, if ya want." His words were delicately picked, not wanting to thrust his presence upon his brother. "I would just...just need to tell Maeve." Bojay wasn't particularly superstitious or believed in that kind of stuff but it felt wrong to just leave her here like nothing ever happened.

[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
i know something you don't know
trouble coming to your home
Inactive Pup
Sterling Archer-Lyall

He shrugged loosely, a frown still perched effortlessly across his pale features. Been thinkin’ about it for awhile, he admitted almost sheepishly, his mercury gaze falling away from his scarlet brother. Even before… y’know. Maeve. If they hadn’t gone north, to the Lore, would she still have met the same fate? Had her number truly been up or had something intervened with her timeline? Mom’s too busy for us now, he added as he attempted to keep the venom to a minimum. Barely see her anymore. And she’s expectin’. You woulda thought five kids were enough. This time a laugh accompanied his words, but it wasn’t out of amusement.

The Archer was quick to nod his agreement at Bojay’s suggestion, his ears sweeping back as he held his gaze. Yeah, we could do that. It was better than going off alone. Sterling wasn’t even sure he remembered how to get back to Torbine. He’d just keep walking south until he found something that looked familiar. … just need to tell Maeve. Once more the Archer nodded, the corners of his mouth tightening. Although he hadn’t spent much time with the silver girl since they arrived in the Lore she had been like family to them; he wouldn’t want to leave without saying goodbye to her, either. I think she woulda wanted t’leave, too.