539 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nia, Neo, Sage

i heard that you heard — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jingyi Lau
Morning, Overcast Clouds, 32 ° F, 0 ° C

He had made sure to avoid the mountain that loomed to the east. Which had him winding up in some forest with droopy trees. He might have been feeling adventurous but he wasn't dumb. With only three legs it would be hard for him to cross the mountain - let alone without a guide and with the weather still having a bit of a sharp chill to it. The male wondered if it would ever warm up again. Wasn't it almost puppy season?

It was with a huff that he settled down on his rear against the trunk of a willow. He just needed a small break from all the aimless wandering. Not to mention there was still plenty daylight left, he didn't need to rush along.

Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
not looking for some fairytale bliss

For the most part she'd been staying closer to the den in recent days spending her time sleeping or eating even just resting. That however caused her a case of itchy paws after so many days of it. She wasn't quite at a point where she couldn't leave the territory at all so she decided to take a walk. She didn't plan to be gone too long but long enough to work off some energy that had built up.

She made her way through the willows at a leisurely pace and soon came to the borders. The Agouti woman checked for any dangers before crossing. Obviously she wasn't at her best so could not afford to get herself into any trouble. When she scented the make though she couldn't let that go unchecked. She hurried along at a much slower pace that she would have normally traveled and soon found him at the base of a tree. “Hello,” she greeted in a friendly manner as she approached but stopped a safe distance away just in case.

i want something just like this
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Jingyi Lau

He heard her before he saw her. Seafoam eyes soaked in the lively colored woman. She seemed mostly harmless and by her scent, Jin figured she wouldn't be looking to cause trouble. His tail would have wagged had it beet tucked between the tree's base and his rump. "Hello to you too." The pale male called out as a smile tugged at his tired features.

Jingyi forced himself to stand back up on all three legs, he had been taught manners back home and it was rude to lounge like a lazy lizard in the presence of others. His mother had dragged on about being a mannered wolf and such. He had never understood the concept but followed it nonetheless.

"I hope I'm not bothering anyone, just passing through." He explained as his tail swayed in a low position. His eyes scanned her form. As a former caretaker, he couldn't help but focus on the obvious state of her. "Expecting?" Jingyi asked softly with hopes he wouldn't come off as creepy, nosy or anything else negative.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

She was rather glad that he wasn't any further than he was when she had found him. Had he been she might have just had to give up and return to the ridge. She was sure she would have to return to the den after speaking with him for a long nap. Her energy just didn't last as long as it once had. She wondered if it would be like this forever or just while she was pregnant. After her greeting man greeted her in the same way she had him which was a good sign.

She couldn't help but notice as he stood from where he'd been sitting that he was missing a leg. She hadn't ever come across a wolf with a missing like before. She wondered how he survived but it was clear there he was since he didn't seem particular skinny not beat up by other wolves. She felt he had to have some sort of determination to have overcome such a disability.

“No, your quite alright. Just thought I would check in with you and see if you needed any help? You know directions and such.” She had taken noticed that he seemed to be looking her over which was fair enough since she'd done the same to him. She nodded at his question, “I am it's my first time.” And she was trying to not let her nerves get the better of her.

Inactive No Rank
Jingyi Lau

He offered a small smile at her offer. "That's rather kind of you. Truthfully, I have no idea where I am so directions might not do me so well." It wasn't like he'd know where to look or which way to turn. The male was also unsure of where he was even going. Adventure and all that.

Jin would have never guessed it was her first time. She didn't seem defensive or uncomfortable. Of course, it never crossed his mind that someone might lie to him. "Sounds like a cause to celebrate." He spoke honestly as a smile tugged at his features. "Rich foods, herbs, new den." The pale wolf rambled more to himself than anyone else, as if he was making a list in his head. "Have you a trained caretaker?" Jingyi's head tilted as his ears leaned forward with interest. He wasn't sure he wanted to settle again so soon but who said he couldn't offer a few tips?

(This post was last modified: Apr 11, 2018, 08:54 PM by Jingyi.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Leotie smiled when he praised the offer she'd given, “Well if it helps your in Relic Lore. More specifically Drooping Willows. Are you looking for something specific or are you thinking you might wander a bit?” She hadn't wandered for very long when she had entered the lore but she knew that some wolves did for a while before joining a pack. Perhaps he was one of these wolves.

She smiled and nodded as he spoke of celebrating such and occasion, “It most certainly is,” she said her tail swaying behind her, “I have certainly been eating a lot more and have a den picked out,” she said smiling as for the herbs she expected that to come later. Though she became thoughtful with his next question, “There is a healer in my pack. What would a caretaker do?” She hadn't heard the term before so she didn't know if maybe someone in the pack already had the job.

Inactive No Rank
Jingyi Lau
he got a little wordy, no need to match~

She was full of loaded questions, wasn't she? He let his tail flick behind him in thought briefly. Jingyi wanted to answer honestly but that was hard to do when he didn't even know the answer. It would be smart for him to hunker down somewhere comfortable where he wouldn't run the risk of possibly withering away. Yet he had left home to search for that freedom he had never had before. It was like there were two different wolves inside of him and neither could come to a conclusion.

"Not sure." He settled on with a half-hearted shrug. "I know we just met but have you any advice for me?" The three-legged male asked with a raised brow. Surely she had been here longer than him mentioning she knew the names of this place. Maybe he would get lucky and she would know if this place was worth exploring or even worth his time.

His head bobbed intently as she spoke. "Well, I don't know if each caretaker does the same thing everywhere but back in my birth pack," The male started to explain as his face grew pensive and his words momentarily trailed off, wondering how to explain it in the best way possible. "I was more of an emotional support and babysitter than a healer to a mother might be. If they ever grew stressed, overly exhausted or simply wanted a break to themselves, I'd come in and care for the little ones. If they had any worries that herbs couldn't fix then I loaned them an ear." He had almost been more of a mother to some of the children back home than their actual mothers had. Some might think it sad but that was just how things had been where he was from.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Whether he was planning to stay in the willows or not having the names would give him a point of reference as he traveled. Not to mention should he decide to come back and seek a place in their ranks he would know where to find them. She was curious though of what he was planning to do since he was somewhat close to her pack. She didn't see him as a threat but she also didn't know what he was capable of.

He stated he wasn't sure and asked her advice, “It's been awhile since I was in my own,” and coherent enough to remember anything, “You can travel north there are a few packs there and to the south. The forest is rather pretty in the spring in the forest that it a two day trek,” she gestured in the direction she knew sacred Grove to lie. "You can also go over the mountain but take caution with your steps it's not a forgiving place. There are packs in the mountain as well.” She gave him some rather general information since she wasn't sure what he was looking for exactly.

She was curious about what the job of a caretaker was so she let him explain before answering about having one. She didn't have to wait long as he spoke of the things he did for the mothers in his birth pack. She thought about it and decided that, “We don't have anyone specifically trained for such a role but we do have a yearling who will do quite well in the role when the time comes.” Leotie was confident in that Addy would take very good care if her and Ravenna as well as the pups. “She has proven herself may times in the past that this is something she can take on.” She added that just in case he had his doubts.