(See All?) Announcements
348 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

sakura blues — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.

The dark Edge Lord didn’t appear angry—or even disappointed. It looked like he understood, which was all that the peppered youth could ask for. A soft smile graced his dark features, his chin tipped to the side as he regarded the older male. No—he hadn’t wandered off. Even when he had considered it, once or twice, the boy had remained due to his unwavering loyalty to both his family and his new pack. This place—it was home. Perhaps more of a home than his birthplace in the north. But, without knowing what happened to his siblings, he couldn’t commit to it. Not yet. Not without knowing where his brother and sister had gone.

I’d like to scout, he responded, his voice more confident than it had before, to find them. And whatever else you’d like me to look for. He still wanted to be useful—even if he wasn’t within the Edge borders. Is there s-something you need from me? Answers you need? He paused, his tongue pressing to the roof of his mouth for a moment as he collected his words once more. I th-thought of going north. They might have gone looking for the m-mountains if they couldn’t find me.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan paused, his ears tipping back as he considered Seven's question. What did he need? The Edge Lord wasn't left wanting for much these days, he had all he needed right here and yet....Like his cousin, he had questions he needed answers too. Though he could pretend otherwise, the what-if's lingered in his shadow and tugged at his heart. Were any Selwyns left on the mountain, or had they all been slain? Their Kingdom laid to waste? If Seven was going that way then...

"If you happen to go north, to the mountains...It might be dangerous but I'd like to know what remains. If anything."

Was he sending his cousin to his death? Fuck, he hoped not. His eyes narrowed into a squint, tight and concerned, as he turned around to stare at the mountain the distance. Not so unfamiliar from the one he'd once called home. Was Seven even ready for such a journey? It had taken weeks for Askan to get from his homeland to the Lowlands, and even then he'd arrived a scraggy mess. Seven was young, inexperienced- but Askan had been stupid, foolhardy. Nothing new there.

"But be careful. If the wolves there don't have yellow eyes, do not trust them. Even then they might...give you shit for your eyes but..."It really depended on who was there. "Say I sent you." He liked to think his name carried some weight still, even if it was only because he was his Father's son.

He finally brought his gaze back to Seven, his eyes burning hot like the midday summer sun. "Be careful." It was an order, Seven had no choice in the matter, otherwise Askan would kick his arse when he got back.

Askan & Reyes
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Arla who has 88 posts.
fade here or with yours?

… I’d like to know what remains. If anything.

The peppered youth nodded softly in response, his expression neutral as he committed his older cousin’s words to memory. He was a little nervous about heading somewhere new—especially alone—but he couldn’t ignore the small flame of excitement that ignited deep within his chest. What would he even find if he went north, to the mountains? Would his siblings be there, or had they gone home, to the reserve? Would his father be there? Did his father even know that he and his siblings existed—that they had survived? The array of questions was enough to make his head spin, and earned a soft frown from the young boy.

But be careful.

Another nod.

No yellow eyes = don’t trust.

Yellow eyes + give shit for brown eyes = Askan sent him.

He couldn’t remember that … right? He nodded a third time to commit the words to memory as he struggled to maintain the older Selwyn’s gaze. I’ll be careful, he repeated as his tail wagged softly behind him, I promise. And he intended to keep that promise.

Thank you, he added as he took a hesitant step forward to tap the tip of his nose against his leader’s chin. I’ll return as soon as I can. He did really like it in the shallows and wanted to make a home out of the place—he just had things to attend to first. 

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

So this was it. In a sense, Askan would be sad to see him go, would miss his scent, and the smudgy brown form that helped keep the communal den so warm and cosy at night. But if this was what had to be done then Askan would let him go and would hope for the best even if it didn't amount to much in a world as shitty as this. Striding closer Askan met him in the middle and allowed his cousin to press his nose against his chin. The Selwyn had never been very good at displays of affection but it was always easier to allow other's to show it than return it himself. Still, he would try, even if only a little.

Standing tall, Askan rested his throat atop Seven's neck, in a casual wolfish approximation of a one armed hug. It didn't last long, a few seconds or so, before Askan pulled back- and hoped that it wasn't too awkward, cheesy. He cleared his throat and reasserted his Selwyn squint, let it settle back into place as if it had never left his face. He was too manly, too gruff for this fluffy shit, no thank you.

"Go on then. Have something from the caches then clear off, don't want to see your face again till you've found them. You hear? Perhaps his words were harsh, but his tone certainly wasn't.

Fade

Askan & Reyes
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]